What's Your Occupation?

OoH Resume Time. :lol:

I am 20 years old, and I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Right now I am doing the Full time school while working full time.

I work for "The pharmacy America Trusts." ;) in the photo lab. I am into photography so this job is a lot of fun.

The degree I am going for is Buisness Management, but I don't want it anymore, any takers?

I'm going to be taking the summer to rethink what I want to do, as I am interested in doing far too many things.

I used to work for Walmart, online, doing customer serivce. Since I graduated college, I went to work at the local Walmart where I live and have recently been promoted to Assistant Manger of Electronics :) It's a lot of fun, not to mention that I got seasons 1-6, the boxed set for 30% off :D

I love this topic!!

During the day I work in sales for a wholesale photo album company.

I am going to school to get a BA in Business Adminstration.

:)

It's good to know what the other posters do in their offline live, so I think I'll try to explain what I do.

I studied audiovisual comunications at the university, this is a career whith some elements from journalism but more focused for tv, radio and internet. i am some sort of tech but with knoledge to make also the contents (I can do some of the thing Archie do).

After working for one year and half in a newspaper, me and other two co-workers made a comunications advisory (I really have no idea how to say it in english): we make ads for radio, newspapers, television (I'm the camera-woman, scripter and editor) and also try to look the best way of promotion for other business, making magazynes, webs, intern comunication, press releases... Also we organise events like galas and awards.

It's really difficult to explain what I do, but I really love it. :)

Wow. Y'all have some mighty big classes and scary sounding schooling! Here's me:

I'm 33, from New York State (Dad's from Texas...that's where the y'all comes in!) and have a BA (Bachelor of Arts, a 4 year college degree here in the states) in English. I am a former New York City Police Officer, now working for a Sheriff's Department in New York State. I love my job, even with all the crazy things I see!

To put it simple right now I'm unemployed.

I help my mother raise my brother's 2 kids. One is ADD and the other wishes he was. (His sister gets special treatment from dad that he desperately wants.) I think my brother is useless in raising kids.

My education is even more convoluted. The college I was attending closed near the end of my junior year (ran out of money). So I real quick got an associates degree from them in Computers and Information Systems so I wouldn't loose credit for all the courses I already took when I transfered. After spending my senior year in another college I came away with a bachelors degree in Management Information Systems. My only problem is that my programming knowledge (programming is what I studied) is a good 10 to 20 years outdated, which makes things very difficult in the ever changing field. However it's kinda good for keeping the computer I'm on running as it's almost as old. :lol:

Susan

Elsie said:

I am an Environmental Advisor, mostly providing advice about energy efficiency, water efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable waste management.

That sounds like such a cool job to me. I have always loved the environment. What did you do to become one?

I got promotion today. :D

MissRoosFox congrats on the promotion! And blackflag you are by no means unemployed...you've got one of the hardest jobs there is...raising kids! I admire you for helping your family.

Right now i'm studying to become a Forensic Scientist. But not now i am. Actually, i was a stablegirl 6 years ago, working with thoroughbred racehorses. Got a couple promotions, and viola. I'm a jockey. :D Yeah laugh all you want, but it's actually a pretty good paying job. Depends really. One you gotta be a good jockey. Two people have to now that you're a good jockey. I have both attributes, and DO race. Almost died twice but eh, part of the job. If you're wondering the way we get paid is simple. 10 % of the winnings. :D Usually it's a small amount, but then you get to the bigger events, and you could make 3 thousand in under 2 minutes. It's a pretty good deal. :D

I am 23 and still in school! haha...

I close to getting my science degree, in Molecular Biology and Genetics. I am thinking of applying to the RCMP Forensics unit, or maybe work in a research lab.

I'm a jockey. Yeah laugh all you want, but it's actually a pretty good paying job. Depends really. One you gotta be a good jockey. Two people have to now that you're a good jockey. I have both attributes, and DO race. Almost died twice but eh, part of the job.
I don't have the guts to ride like that. :eek: I'm a dressagy sort of person, i.e. I have lost my confidence, since being bucked off and bolted on twice, :( Now I just ride in the school. :rolleyes: I ride out every so often, but I hate it, just do it because my Dad makes me. :lol: I posted a piccy in the photos thread from a couple of weeks back, when I got dragged to a fun ride. (Not sure if you have those in America, basically, you take your horse to somewhere other than your yard, where a tonne of other horses have also done the same thing, you pay ~£15 for charity, and you ride a route that is about 3 hours long. If you didn't know England has no land, it's incredibly over populated, the longest ride I have where I live is 1/2 hour, there and back. So yeah, costs £15 for 3 hours worth of madness. Hundreds of horses turn up, and kind of makes my horse loopy. :lol:)

So yeah, I admire your bravery. :D

Congrats on your promotion Roos! :)

ETA: Wow! Page 2! :p How cool is that? Annnd I'm at the top of the page. :lol: :rolleyes:

Right now i'm studying to become a Forensic Scientist. But not now i am. Actually, i was a stablegirl 6 years ago, working with thoroughbred racehorses. Got a couple promotions, and viola. I'm a jockey.
*falls over* Hunter, I am so jealous! For years, that's all I wanted to be. Never mind the fact that I had almost no ridding experience :lol:

as of right now i'm a student in high school. but i want to go to college to be a real life Miami Crime Scene Investigator....

I'm 15, and I live in New Zealand. I am a student at the moment, but i want to either become a forensic scientist or an actor... I am taking Drama and French as well as the compulsary subjects (actually, i don't even know why i took french this year...)
i really love forensics, thus wanting to become a forensic scientist...

I just want to say I'm not going to post much about me here. Over at the TrekBBS we had a person who was registered with the BBS for two years and almost 4000 posts trying to get people from other sites to hack their photobucket accounts. :eek:

Now givin this little piece of information are you people sure you want to post so much personal information in public forum? I again will with hold my personal info!

Just saying, do you know who is watching you???

Back