What's Your Occupation?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by eggbe4thechicken, Apr 28, 2007.

1. TighsEye

TighsEye Victim

I am the office manager at the family business... I graduated from UC Riverside way back in 1999!

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I work there too, I make $8 an hour. but I only work Thursday-Monday. Tuesdays and Wedensdays I tutor younger kids after school and than babysit whenever I can. But during sports season's I work American Eagle on the weekends only. and don't do anything else.

3. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

Hey, AshleyWillows you tutor too? Isn't it cool? Only that's what I do for a living.

I'm 22, a degree in humanities (what can I say, all I went to college for was to learn more languages :D ). I tutor kids with learning disabilities. Really, with some of these kids it more like being an actual teacher (but what I do is a lot more specialized).

My kids have everything from simple learning disabilities (not so simple when you have it..) ADHD, tourettes, autism, traumatic brain injury, and pretty much anything else you can name. But I love my kids, and I love my job.

Really being a teacher is the most rewarding thing I can think of (though other people may think otherwise), but it's funny because when I was younger I always said the one thing I would never be was a teacher. Funny how things change.

4. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Yeah, I love tutoring little kids, it's so fun. Like when they get "the click", when everything just makes sense I get so happy.

I want to become a therapist when I get older.

5. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

Right now I'm a part time dance teacher. It's so cute to watch little kids learn the steps.

After university though I'm going to become a forencic scientist or technician. When I'm about fifty though (thinking tward the future) I think I'll be a teacher. It's a great feeling to help a child learn something new :D.

6. Teelie

Teelie Dead on Arrival

I answer a phone and take messages or tell people to wait so they can talk to someone else. It's not a bad job though the pay isn't too bad either.

7. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm actually unemployed at the moment, seeing as I'm only 16 :p. I've worked at a plumbing supply store doing office work (Hated that job) and I worked during the summer as a server for a catering business (LOVED that). I applied for a job at a clothing store, but nothing back on that. I really need a summer job so that I can get money for my car!!!! lol

My future plans are to go to college for two years, then apply for jobs at local police stations. Hopefully one will hire me, and then they will send me to the police academy for free, and then pay for the next two years of my school so I can get my Batchelor's. I plan on eventually being promoted to homicide detective, but we'll see, I'm a junior right now, so I'm working on it.

8. loki

loki Lab Technician

I just had a thought (well, recently, not just now) that I should be a dog breeder for xolos, but I don't know because I like promoting dog shelters and have always been anti-breeder, I feel kinda like a hypocrite...

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Blimey Wyoming you've done a lot! :eek: I've always wanted to be a waitress (doesn't know if server is the same thing, but carries on regardless :rolleyes:), being around food, but I bet I would be terrible at it. Dropping food, getting orders wrong...and general messing up. :lol: Why did you not work after the summer?