What shows did you like as a kid?

OMG, i watched tons of TV shows as i was growing up:

A Team
MacGuywer (sp??)
Magnum PI
MASH
Heart & Heart
21 Jump Street (OMG, Johnny Depp in TIGHT jeans. & TJ Booker. what a slash pair they would make)
"V" - scared the daylights out of me. but i still watched it. mousy,mousy
Twin peaks

Favourite soaps:
Loving
Dynasty
Dallas - had a huge crush on Bobby Ewing
Falcon Crest

i did watch kiddies shows as well:
Smurfs
Gummy Bears
My Little Pony
ThunderCats

Oh gosh, where do I begin? I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they used to show the '60's Batman eps in repeats when I was a kid. I also really enjoyed Animaniacs, Garfield & Friends, Alvin & the Chipmunks, and Dennis the Menace. I've always liked Sesame Street (can't help it, I'm a muppet fan). When I got to be an older kid I loved Saved By the Bell and Ghostwriter. And I watched TGIF religiously during the early 90's. A kids show that I still enjoy is Arthur. LOL.

Carebears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alvins and the Chipmunks, Tom and Jerry, Arthur....oooh so many. :p

I used to love watching Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210, 21 Jumpstreet, the Freggles, The gummybears and so many more..

Barney:
"I love you,
you love me,
we're a great big family,
with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you,
won't you say you love me too?"
(don't you think Barney was a bit iffy? Not saying I didn't like him - I did!)

Oh, I had completely forgot my absolute favorites until me and some guys in band were singing songs from it. The Animaniacs!

As a kid.... I probrably watched more anime then I do now lol.
Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon(which got suckier and suckier, but it was still great to watch lol)...

Other then that, when I was even younger then that...
BARNEY!!!!
'Barney is a dinosaur
Of our imagination,
After school we meet to play
And sing with happy faces!
Barney shows us lots of things
Like how to play pretend,
ABCs and 123s and how to be a friend!'

Lia said:
My favorite, favorite, favorite show was Blue's Clues. <3

HA and now it's CSI. Notice a pattern?

But my second favorite show was Little Bear.

OMG! Now we're even more alike! :p

I used to watch Little Bear all the time! It was my absolute favorite! :D

robospanker_fan said:
'Barney is a dinosaur
Of our imagination,
After school we meet to play
And sing with happy faces!
Barney shows us lots of things
Like how to play pretend,
ABCs and 123s and how to be a friend!'
Or the Animaniacs version
"Kids: Balogna is our favorite friend that we made up ourselves he likes to play and sing all day that we made up ourselves
Yakko : An anvil's black and shiny
Dot : It's very heavy too
Wakko : So watch out, my chubby friend
YW+D : Or one will fall on you!
Baloney: (spoken) On me? Heh hah huh huh!
(CLANG!)

Dot : (spoken) That wasn't pretty.
Yakko : But it had to be done.
Baloney: Heh huh huh huh huh! Great song! Heh huh huh huh!
Neato completo yippie!
Wakko : It's unstoppable!!!
Yakko : Call in the National Guard!
Dot : Or Tonya Harding's bodyguard!
Baloney: Let's sing it again! I lovey-dovey loved it!
YW+D : OK!

Yakko : It's made of solid iron
Dot : It weighs a ton or two
Wakko : We know you'd like to meet it
YW+D : It wants to meet you too!
Baloney: Huh hu--
(CLANG!)

Baloney: (spoken) Yay! Let's do it again!
Yakko : Now it's gettin' scary"

katpin31791 said:
Okay I liked The Flintstones, Speed Racer, Might Mouse(telling my age here i think LOL), couldn't wait to get home from school to watch Dark Shadows. Of course The brady Bunch, Partridge Family, Marcus Welby, Medical Center, Star Trek. So on so on.

Okay, you're not TOO far off my vintage. Your early childhood was pre-cable TV.

My early childhood was pre-COLOR TV. :D

Since you like 70's shows, you remember a mid-70's Canadian sci-fi show called "Starlost"? Damn, I loved that show. I was in college when it was on. Keir Dullea (who most people remember better from "2001: A Space Odyssey") was the main star...

when i was a kid i loved to watch eureka's castle, doug, rugrats, sesame street, shining time station, mr. rogers.

pbs and nickeolodeon all the way!

Yeah! Public television! I still watch it, cuz it's got Monty Python, some really cool show about tornadoes, Nova...geek shows.
Oh, and I remembered some more shows, Allegra's Window (or something like that), Little Bear, Gullah Gullah Island (Binyah Binyah Pollywog), Pinky and the Brain (I had the tee shirt), Catdog, and I know there's more I just can't remember them.

I was a Care Bears fan...Mr. Rogers, Raffi, Mr. Dress-up, Smurfs, Polka Dot Door...of course the classic Saturday morning cartoons...That's all that I can think of. I'm sure there were a bunch more that I loved! :) and then there were all those I loved when I was a tween, like Ghostwriter... Paradise Beach, Swan's Crossing...yeah, I liked the short-lived pre-teen soaps :p :lol:

Back