What If ? (H/Y fic)

What a way to start the day. An Hrockz update AND we're going to New York! :D
I love hotelrooms, bodyfluids everywhere...:devil:

^ Why, indeed is the rum gone? ;)
Rum.gif

NYC here we come! I'v ever only been in transit in JFK and that so doesn't count. I knew someone who lived in NY but they've just moved to Mumbai...

Hrockz great update, it's good to see H finally came clean. Silly man, as if Y would care that he killed his father in self defence. She loves you doofus! :rolleyes:

I've never been to NYC before too, so forgive me for any discrepancies. And of course the task force goes, just stay out of sight.
Luna nice icon of Jack Sparrow.

The cold hit Yelina as they exited the airport. The wind picked up her hair and swung it in one direction across her face. She tucked her hair back behind her ear and pulled her coat tighter round herself. She felt Horatio's arm snake round her waist, pulling her close to him.

"Cold?" Horatio asked.

"A little." She took in the busy street outside the airport. It bustled with activity and traffic. "Nice place."

"If we have time, I'll show you round Central Park, it's nice this time of year." Horatio smiled.

It had been a long time since he had returned, he hoped things didn't change that much. He had always wanted to take his family back to New York but never got round to it. Now he was here with his wife, although not for the holiday he would have liked it to be. He held her tightly to him, and he felt the comfort he needed with her by his side. The future seemed clouded with uncertainty for him.

Horatio hailed a cab and loaded their luggage into the trunk.

"The hearing's tomorrow. I have to go to my attorney's office first, before we go to the hotel."

"I know." She said looking out the window of the cab. Horatio had told her on the plane, but he still felt the need to explain their actions for the day.

They pulled up to one of the many tall buildings in the city and rode the elevator up to the lawyer's office. He turned out to be a heavyset, slightly balding, bespectacled man. Horatio introduced the man.

"This is Tony Michaels. He's a defense attorney, defended many of the suspects I arrested back in the day. Of course, now he's my defense attorney." Horatio said with a slight smile. "This is my wife Yelina."

"Pleasure to meet you," Tony shook her hand in a firm handshake.

They sat down on opposite ends of the table, Tony on one end and Horatio and Yelina at the other. The secretary brought in coffee.

"I hope you guys had a good flight." Tony said.

"We did, thank you." Yelina smiled.

"Back then Horatio was so driven, only had his job on his mind, I'm surprised he's settled down with wife and kids." Tony teased.

"He hasn't changed much since then." she replied.

Horatio's mood was still clouded, and he leaned forward in his chair. "So tell me, Tony, what am I up against?"

Tony set his coffee mug down, and grew serious. "I'm not gona mince my words, the prosecuting DA, Brandon Libermann, he's fought and won many high profile cases these couple of years. He wants to rise the ranks, you're someone who can help him get there."

"I thought the case against Horatio was never filed back then." Yelina asked.

"You're right, it wasn't. Cops ruled self-defense, there was no sense charging a sixteen-year old boy for stabbing his father who had killed his mother and had a log history of abuse."

"The forensic evidence was inconclusive." Horatio said.

"Yup, couldn't prove anything. The most reliable account is from you yourself." Tony said, pointing a finger at Horatio. "You were the only eye witness."

"A long time has passed since then, maybe if we looked at the evidence again?" Yelina suggested.

"The poilce only kept the knife used in the stabbing, crime scne photos, we have to prove that your father attacked you first."

"He did." Horatio said, "But we have no way of proving that. Still, I'd like a copy of those photos, I can't look at them myself, but I'll get my lab to do it."

"I'll email the photos to your lab," Tony said, nodding to his computer on the desk.

"Thank you." Horatio said. "So what are my chances?"

"It's hard to say. You'll go before the judge tomorrow, he'll hear you out, he'll decide if there's a need to go to trial. You've always been in law enforcement, you've got a great record, so he's likely to believe what you say. But... this happened a long time ago, before you joined the academy."

"I understand." Horatio said.

"Why don't you guys go get some dinner and rest. If you can't remember where the good food is..."

"I rememeber, thanks Tony." They stood, exchnaging handshakes.

----------------------

Horatio and Yelina settled into their hotel room, and he took her to a restaurant nearby for dinner. They kept the mood light, not talking about the hearing to come but enjoying watching the people hurry pass them outside the window. Yelina could tell things still weighed heavy on Horatio's mind.

Back at their hotel room, she tried to ease his mind. He was staring out their window looking into the city lights. She came up behind him, wrapping her arms round his waist. He turned to face her.

"You ready for tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah. I can see the image in my mind... like it happened yesterday." He sighed and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I'll be right there with you."

"I know... if things don't work out..."

"They will. Whatever happened to my husband the optimist? We always work things out remember?" Yelina hugged him tightly.

"Yeah," he replied unconvincingly.

She turned her head, forcing him to look her in the eye. "Things will be ok."

He smiled. "I should be the one telling you that."

"You've always been strong for me, for us, let me be the one this time." She leaned in to kiss him.

"Why don't I run us a bath? That'll soothe your nerves.... maybe after that, we can find some way for you to release all that tension in you." She smiled suggestivley at him, resting her hands on his butt and giving a playful squeeze.

Horatio's eyes still looked distant. "Why don't you go ahead without me?" He nodded to the bathroom.

Yelina was slightly disappointed. "Ok." She turned and Horatio grabbed her hand as she started to walk away, spinning her round to face him again. He leaned and kissed her deeply on the lips.

"It's not you, it's not that I don't want you ..." He lowered his head, "... there'a alot on my mind... I don't think I can..."

"I understand." She hugged him for a long while. "You should get some rest."

"I will." He watched as she entered the bathroom, then lay on the bed, waiting for the sleep that he knew wouldn't come that night.

Aww that was almost sad, but go Yelina! Horatio needs someone to be optimistic!

Can I borrow someone from the task force to help me tonight? I looked out tonight and realized the boat, that we are sharing with my uncles is gone. :confused: It struck me as odd because I knew the only uncle that is here, was passed out on his bed. But when I looked he was gone. So I need to hunt him down and make him understand that the whole drinking and driving thing is bad especially at 1 am! :mad:

Anyways, great update Hrockz!

I love the smell of a new H/Y fic update!

Alrighty, I'll help you with that Honey.

The rest book yourselves a room in the same hotel and relax. Order some food, couple of drinks, watch some CSI Miami episodes (H/Y ones, of course)

Poor Horatio, imagine having to relive the trauma of your life all over again. :(
Great update as usual, my dear Hrockz.

I'll book us a room at the hotel. Presidential suite good enough for everyone? :D
*goes to the bar* drinks all around! :D (and a soda for the minors! :devil:)

Sorry about your boat, Honey. I promess I'll kick his ass when I see him. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I go away for two weeks and Yelina is raped, assaulted, recovers, four years pass, Horatip's charged with murder... WOW Hrockz you've outdone yourself, because the past half hour I haven't taken my eyes off the computer screen. There's not much to say except for that I'm anxious, loving it, and missed you guys a whole lot! *dogpiles*

Welcome back Caddy! We missed you. Grab your goldclubs and come with us to New York ;) I hope we can just go sightseeing, or do you gals can't live without the action ? *grin*

Oooooh, can we go to Central Park? I've always wanted to go there. Especially in the winter.
What season are we in the fic actually? Yelina was cold, so are we talking "brr-cold" or "I'm literally freezing my tail off-cold"?
*dreaming of a snowed-in Central Park*

Damn it, Rabbit, study! Study! bleh :(

Central Park... If you're wanne visit it at night, just don't walk there alone okay? It's dangerous :). Ah heck I'll come with you, I want to see it too!

Kit4na said:
Central Park... If you're wanne visit it at night, just don't walk there alone okay? It's dangerous

With the task force around? I think not! ;)

Hrockz with the fear of repeating myself: wonderful update, particularly because we get to go to New York. We certainly travel a lot with this task force, don't we?! :)

Have to go to bed now. Going to a job interview tomorrow so I'd better be well rested.

Yeah it's the winter in my story, I haven't been there myself but I heard it's nice in Central Park.
Welcome back cainesugar. how was your trip?
Thanks for the feedback. I like that you guys are liking this story.

Morning came and it was cold, as expected. Horatio and Yelina bundled up for the weather, then made their way to the courthouse. Tony had said that things may go fast or slow, he couldn't tell. Horatio was hoping it would go fast.

They got to meet the prosecuting DA, Brandon Libermamann. They didn't talk, but they exchanged meaningful glances. A news crew were camped outside, waiting to document and broadcast the developments in this case. An up-and-coming DA from NY prosecuting one of the top police officers from Miami made for good ratings.

There were no jurors, it was a preliminary hearing to decide if a trial was needed. Both attorneys made their opening statements, and the moment came for Horatio to tell his side of the story. Yelina gave his hand an encouraging squeeze before he took the stand.

He took the oath and told his story, this time in more detail than he had told Yelina a couple of days back. Long-hidden memories tumbled out, and Horatio wore a mask of confidence and calm as always but it was difficult nevertheless to relive those memories. When he had finished his story he took his seat beside Yelina again, sighing, glad that it was over. It was up to the judge to decide now.

The judge spoke, "I've heard both sides of the story. This case was closed more than twenty years ago, I'm not sure why we're looking at it again. The Lieutenant had made his statement, it does sound like self-defense. Lieutenant," The judge nodded to Horatio, "you've always been an excellent law enforcement officer, here in New York and now in Miami, you have but one record on your years of service for assult on a suspect, I read the circumstances, but all this has no bearing on this case whasoever. The death of your parents happened a long time ago, before you became a police officer. Like Mr Libermann pointed out, all this could be just making up for your past. And he made a good point, after years of abuse, you could have seized the oportunity to get even. Given the lack of evidence and based soley on your account of what happened... I would need to think about this. Court is ajourned, we'll return tomorrow, I'll have my decision then."

They all stood as the judge exited the room. The prosecuting DA approached them. He addressed Tony, "You and I both know this could go either way. I'm sure the L.T doesn't want this to go to trial. Take the deal, a couple of years in prison, he'd be out in no time on parole, we might even save his career."

Horatio shook his head. "I'm not going to jail."

"He lives with the guilt of his actions everyday since, it's punishment enough. It was self-defense and we all kow it. We're all on the same side here, why don't you spend your time prosecuting some real criminals?" Yelina blurted out, angrily.

"Tony? Come on. If this goes to trial, and he gets convicted for murder, he's going away for life." Libermann made another attempt.

"It's not going to trial." Tony replied. "No deal. We've got nothing more to say to you."

They exited the courthouse amid a flurry of phtographer's cameras going off. They hurried a couple of blocks down before the reporters gave up.

"I think we stand a good chance, the judge seemed to like you." Tony said when they finally stopped dodging news crews.

Horatio nodded. "I'm not going away for this."

"Let's hope for good new tomorrow." Tony said as he left, knowing the couple would like some time to themselves.

Horatio bought a couple of hot dogs for them from a nearby hot dog stand, after which they inadvertently made their way to Central Park. They linked arms walking in slience, enjoying their surroundings and each others' company. Horatio seemed more relaxed than the previous day.

Yelina took in a breath of cold air. "This is nice."

"Yeah," Horatio turned and smiled at her without breaking their stride. "After a couple of weeks being cold all the time, I bet you'll wish you were back in Miami."

Yelina laughed, "Maybe. You seem much happier than you were yesterday."

"The worst part was having to tell my story all over again. I'm glad it's over." He kissed the top of her head. He stopped walking and she turned to face him.

"Whatever happens, I'm thankful I've got you." He hugged her. "Sweetheart, if this goes to trial, and I lose the case..."

"Baby, you heard Tony. It's probably not going to trial. Besides no jury would convict you." Yelina touched his face with her gloved hand.

"I know, things would be ok, but... there's always a chance they won't. And if they don't..." He bowed his head, "I'm sorry, I should have told you this when we first met, you and the boys, you don't deserve to be dragged into all this."

"It wasn't going to and doesn't change anything for me." Yelina said. "Let's not talk about this and enjoy the moment ok?"

Horatio tilted his head and smiled. He pulled her in for along passionate kiss, in the middle of Central Park, they were lost in each other. He took her hand, "Come on, I'll show you around town, maybe buy you some new clothes, then take you to dinner."

"Sounds good." Yelina smiled, letting him lead the way.

Tomorrow would come, but for now they would live in the moment.

Well I certainly hope that this follows the show. They need to produce more mini-Hs and what about some mini-Ys? ;)
And I so knew that his history wouldn't bother Y. She loves him too much.

Hey Caddy welcome back. Have you been practicing your swing? :D

Back