What If ? (H/Y fic)

Hrockz said:
Adding the task force thing to your siggy is cool. :p

We're only a heartbeat away from complete madness..

I don't believe Horatio would be cheating on her. That young woman is just somebody Horatio protects from the baddies. But poor Yelina. Doesn't Horatio have confidence in his own wife? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT YELINA HERE!!!!!!

If I was Yelina, I'd kick his butt .. hard .. very hard. A marriage has to be atleast partially based on trust right? Horatio I'm disappointed with you.

Great writing though Hrockz :D

What! Horatio had better not be doing anything wrong, he's with Yelina after all!

Maybe the task force should follow him and figure out who this girl is! :lol:

Great update Hrockz! :D

HoratioandYelina said:
Maybe the task force should follow him and figure out who this girl is! :lol:

Let's do that! *runs out* ..... *runs back* *grabs bazooka* What?! :cool: *runs out again*

"Found anything?" Yelina asked as she entered the crime lab garage.

Horatio was processing the car from the morning's crime scene. He looked up, and Yelina could see his eyes light up. Well at least he was happy to see her, a nice change from the morning when he had rushed off.

"Yeah, some green fibers in tha backseat. I sent it to trace."

"I spoke to the vic's friends, he didn't seem upset or depressed." Yelina said as she came to stand next to Horatio.

"So it doesn't seem like suicide, like we're meant to think."

"Maybe. That's for you to tell me." She smiled and batted her eyes. She had missed their flirting.

"I'll tell you once I figure it out Ma'am." Horatio smiled back.

They stood there sharing a smile for a second, before his expression clouded over again, and he focused his attention back ot the car.

"Horatio," Yelina said, unsure if she should bring up the issue now. They were alone and perhaps this was a good opportunity.

He turned his head to look at her again, expecting her to tell him more about the case they were working on.

"Don't you think... maybe things have been a little different between us?" She was hoping he would catch on and offer some explaination.

"Different how?" He feigned ignorance as he avoided her eyes now, turning his head to study the front tire of the car.

"Different, like strained. We hardly talk much anymore. It's like we lost our closeness, you're so distant. You're hardly interested in me..."

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Horatio had his head bowed. "I've been so busy at work, when I get home..."

"It's isn't your work and I know it." Yelina pressed on. "You're keeping something from me and it's affecting our marriage."

Horatio kept his head bowed, and uncomfortable silence fell between them.

"I'm ah, I'm working on something at the moment."

"Like what?" Yelina tried to stick her face in front of him so that she could study his expression, but he kept a mask void of any emotion.

"Yelina," Horatio cocked his head, looking at her now. She expect him to tell her what he had been so pre-occupied with but instead he seemed to decide against it at the last moment. "I... I'm not sure how to tell you this.."

If he had such difficulty coughing out the truth perhaps her suspicions were correct. She blinked, not wanting to let him know how much she hurt. "You're seeing someone aren't you?"

He let out an incredulous chuckle. "What?"

"I saw you, with that young brunette that day, having lunch... she turned up at our house this morning - "

"No." His tone softened. He reached out with his hand, rubbing her upper arm. "I would never... don't you trust me?"

There was a hint of hurt in his voice, but she was angry. "I know what I saw."

"Yelina," he turned his head to look around, as if to make sure nobody had crept up to evesdrop on their conversation. "this isn't a good place to talk. I'll - "

"H," Eric walked in, looking up from the file in his hands he stopped. "Sorry, I'll come back later."

"No Eric, I was just leaving." Yelina said. She turned and walked out, unsure of what to make of the conversation she just had with Horatio.

"It's ok Eric." Horatio said. "What did you find on the fibers?"

Personal matters had to wait, they always kept their professional lives seperate from their personal lives. It had always been that way since they got together. Horatio knew he had to tell his wife what was going on, but that would wait, till shift was over.

Oh, Hrockz, Steve Maeda would be proud of you! This is SO typical of their encounters in the first 3 seasons. . .H's secrecy, Y's getting the wrong impression (well, who could blame her?), H's not knowing how to talk to her. . . you know them much better than the current writers do!

I think it's time to drag these two in the closet and let them make up and make out. Who's in?

Great update! I'm wondering what H is hiding..

Errrrm ''who's in''? As in 'in' the closet, with them 'in'? :devil:

Hrockz great updates. I'm very perplexed as to who this mystery brunette is. :)

I don't think that closet can hold so many people :p I guess we'll just have to stay out of that closet, and make sure no one can get out of it.

I have to say this was a really great update, a typical H/Y scene. I couldn't say it better then drgnldy:
drgnldy said:
H's secrecy, Y's getting the wrong impression (well, who could blame her?), H's not knowing how to talk to her. . . you know them much better than the current writers do!

Oh, and Lunalove, I'm really honoured to be in your banner :D

Lunalove said:
Errrrm ''who's in''? As in 'in' the closet, with them 'in'? :devil:

I kinda ment it like who's in to help them get into the closet. But I wrote it wrong I should've typed "Who's with me?"

Still you are one crazy Danish :lol: :devil: (but we luv u for it)

Can't wait to see who this girl is!!!

Let's get them (H/Y of course) into the closet now!! :devil:
We desperately need a closet/elevator scene! May be that's how they can conceive their daughter... :D

Thanks again for the compliments. Well actually what H is hiding, it's something we all know but you'll see...

Yelina heard Horatio's car pull up in their driveway. He was late but she's expected it as he had told her he'd be working late. Their case fomr the morning wasn't closed yet. The kids were tucked away in bed, but she had decided to wait up for him. She heard his keys turn the lock of the front door and moments later the front door opened. He was tired, she could tell from his eyes. She sat up from the couch and flicked the TV off.

"You're still up?" Horatio commented as he closed the door behind him.

"I was waiting for you."

Horatio nodded and took a seat beside her on the couch. He leaned forward his hands on his kness, and turned his head to look at her. She mirrored his actions, not knowing what exactly he had in mind. Her eyes bruned into his, at least he was holding her gaze now.

"I owe you an apology." Horatio began.

Yelina mentally steeled herself, would he cough out a confession of his infidelity and beg for forgiveness? Deep down inside she knew she trusted him and what they had.

"I've been keeping something from you... from the very start. I umm, I don't like to talk about this... but you have a right to know."

Horatio let out a deep breath. Yelina wasn't sure now what to expcet. He had a faraway look in his eyes.

"I'm being charged for murder. The brunette you saw me with, she an attorney, from New York."

"An arrest gone wrong while you were in New York?" Yelina asked, now relieved somewhat. She felt silly for doubting him.

"Umm no, it was before I became a cop... the short of it is, I came home from school one day and my Dad was stabbing my Mom with a kitchen knife. I tried to stop him, but it was too late. She was dead, then he turned on me... I fought back, stabbed him, he died in the hospital. I wasn't charged then, they said it was self-defense... now some rising young DA in New York, wants to rise up in his career, starts opening old cases... it's high profile to convict the head of MDPD's crime lab for murder."

Horatio sighed again. He bowed his head. "I didn't want you to worry, so I tried to work something out, see if it could be settled here..."

"But it can't?" Yelina asked, slipping her hand into his squeezing slightly.

Horatio shook his head slightly. "I have to go to New York in a couple of days, there'll be a hearing before a judge."

Yelina thought it would be just like him to try to bear the burden upon himself and shield her from the truth which he thought would hurt her.

"You should have told me." She said gently.

"I... I wasn't sure, I wasn't sure how'd you react if I told you about what I did right from the start... I feel guilty about it still. he did what he did but I shouldn't have killed him."

"You did what you had to do... it was an accident. he might have killed you if... I never knew you had it this bad... and this, doesn't change anything for me." Yelina pulled him into her arms for a hug.

"I love you." She turned to kiss him on the cheek.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you." He said into her hair.

They broke the hug and Yelina spoke again. "And Raymond?"

"Fortunately, my Mom knew Dad was home and drinking, she didn't want Ray to get hurt so she sent him to the neighbour's. He didn't see it happen." Horatio said, evidently relieved that his brother didn't have to see what had happened at that young age.

"You shouldn't have to go through this alone. I'll come with you to New York." She wanted to support him, she couldn't imagine what he was going through. And yet she finally understood his strength and realised that it was his youth that had made him the person he was today.

"What about Matt and Josh?"

"We can leave them with my mother." Yelina said. "Besides I've never been to New York. I'd like to see the city you grew up in. Let me come with you."

Horatio broke into a smile. "I'd like that."

Awesome road trip!! Does the task force go too? I've never been to New York City... :lol:

Great update Hrockz! I hope we get to see them in New York... no kids... hotel room... haha :D

Indeed no kids .. hotel room.. :D

Of course we go too! Wherever they go, we go! Don't forget your guns & stuff. If H would get convicted (he won't imo) , we will break him out!

Back