What If ? (H/Y fic)

HoratioandYelina said:
I won't let you down Caddie, I'll make sure to give Stetler a few hits for you :devil:

Aww isn't that sweet!

We'll miss you caddie, have a good holiday! I'm not doing a holiday this year. I was thinking of going to Miami but something came up so it'll be something for next year (maybe)!

I like your loc cainesugar. Have a good holiday! You guys are a little quick to jump on Stetler aren't you? ;)

Horatio drove down the dark streets of Miami, his heart pounding in his chest. He tried Yelina's cell again but still got no answer. Ten minutes into his search he spotted her car on the opposite side of the road. He pulled over his Hummer and ran across the street. His initial thoughts were that he'd find her in the driver's seat, she had some car trouble and that would be the end of it. His heart sank when he saw that the car was empty. He called her name, half-expecting a reply but he only heard the sound of his own voice.

Horatio pulled open the door to the driver's seat. He noticed her cellphone and purse still on the passenger seat. Well at least he could be sure nobody tried to rob her. The dread he was feeling the whole night seemed to intensify, and it got hard to breathe. Something had happened to her, his gut told him that. He took a breath. The first twenty-four hours when any person went missing were the most important, because beyond that he knew that they'd likely be looking for a body instead of a missing person. He got out of the car, aware that in his anxiousness he might have already tainted any evidence there might have been in the car.

Horatio called dispatch, and requested for his own team to work the case. He knew he had no time to waste, it was likely she had been taken, by who and to where he had to figure out. He ran back to his Hummer and got his kit and started to process the scene. The last call from her cell was to him, the last time they spoke. He walked round Yelina's car, and noticed tire marks, perhaps they belonged to the vehicle she was taken away in. On further inspection he noticed paint chips on the rear bumper. He bagged it. Patrol started pulling in and Eric was the first to arrive on the scene.

"Tire marks, Eric," Horatio pointed to the markings on the ground.

"I'm on it."

Speed was next up. Horatio handed him the paint chips to bring back to trace.

"Horatio, how you holding up?" Calleigh asked as she too arrived on scene.

"I'm.. ah," he hadn't really had the time to think, he had been focused on gathering eivdence. "I'd feel better if we find her."

"We will." Calleigh assured him with a pat on the shoulder.

"She's been, she's been missing for five hours now. We have nineteen left to - " Horatio paused, not daring to think of what would happen if they didn't. Horatio remembered three cases in the past two months they hadn't been able to solve. In all three, the women had been taken, one from her house, the other two from their cars in parking lots. Their bodies, battered and sexually assulted had been recovered days after their disappearance, but police hadn't been able to find the serial killer. He shuddered at the thought that Yelina would be the next victim.

"We'll find her." Calleigh stated again, as if reading his thoughts. "I'll get the car back to the lab, we can process it there."

Horatio nodded. "I'll meet you back in the lab."

Calleigh started making the arrangements for transporting the car back, leaving Horatio alone to his thoughts again.

"H, I've got to take that," Eric said, coming up to him.

Horatio realised he still had Yelina's cellphone in his hand. He had it clenched tightly in his fist, as if he was holding on to the last bit of Yelina he had at the moment. Wordlessly he handed the phone over to Eric.

As Eric walked away, Horatio started back across the street to his Hummer, anxious to get back to the lab and continue their investigation. He got into the driver's seat, and lowered his head such that his forehead was resting on the cold steering wheel. His heart ached, trying to imagine what his wife could be going through, was she afraid, was she in pain, was she conscious? Horatio squeezed his eyes tightly, and a lone tear fell leaving a wet drop on his pant leg. That was the only momnet of emotion and weakness he allowed himself. If he were to get Yelina back alive and unharmed, he knew he had to reamin focused, and optimistic. He would find her, he had no doubt. Taking in a deep breath, he lifted his head and started the engine. He had work to do.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HROCKZ! How can you do this to us?! *panics* Look at my avvie, see I am panicking! Okay, wait. First: calm down and remember first installment. Second: TASK FORCE! Move out! Kitten I'm waiting for instructions.

Okay we're going to offer our services' to Horatio's team. Work closely with them, gather information. Once you have a lead, call us we'll gather and rock this city until we find her.

And Honey gets a special task! You get to question Stetler don't forget the pies, omelets! ;)

Great update! I hope she's okay. Poor Horatio he hasn't seen his woman in 2 days and now she's possible kidnapped *gives H a hug*

Stetler? Excellant, golf clubs, cooking and maybe some man eating squirrels. I'll have him talking in no time! Can I take Speed with me?? ;) :lol:

Nice update Hrockz, can't wait for another!

Horatio got back to the lab. He knew all the analysis that his team was carrying out needed time. Time Yelina might not have. Raymond called to offer his help, he had heard the news from Calleigh. Horatio was slightly surprised since his brother and Calleigh had broken off their relationship a couple of months ago. He assured Ray he didn't need his help at the moment and promised to keep his brother posted on any new developments.

He found himself in the garage where Calleigh was processing Yelina's car. He slipped on a pair of latex gloves.

"I'll take the interior," Horatio said, not really waiting for Calleigh's reply.

He slowly took the interior of the car apart, searching for any clues that might lead him to Yelina. It only reminded him of his family. A toy Josh had tossed under the front passenger seat, an earring Yelina thought she had lost, Matt's little fingerprints on the inside windows. After sveral hours, nothing seemed to bring them closer to finding his wife.

"Why don't you go home, get some rest." Calleigh asked.

"I can't." Horatio stated.

"Why don't you drop in to see your sons? You know we need some of Yelina's things for DNA comparison, in case we find anything."

Calleigh was right. He grudgingly left the garage with her promise that she'd call once the team had anything. Horatio dorve to Yelina's mother's. He apologised to her for calling at such an unearthly hour then told her the truth of what had happened. Rosalina Salas seemed confident in her son-in-law's ability to find her daughter, and Horatio left her residence after kissing both his sleeping sons on the forehead.

His next stop was home. A place he hadn't got the opportunity to step in for the past two days. The house seemed hollow without Yelina and the boys. He went to their bedroom. Yelina's perfume still filled the air. Horatio took in a deep breath and felt a pang in his heart. He took her toothbrush and hairbrush, both items would contain plenty of her DNA. He finally decided on a quick shower and a change of clothes. As he pulled on his shirt and started with the buttons, he glanced at the clock. It read four in the morning. Ten hours since he last spoke to Yelina. Time was running out fast. He was tired, going without sleep for two days did that to you, he reasoned but he had no time to be tired. He sat on their bed, his fingers tracing the edge of her pillow. He missed her so much it hurt like someone had stabbed him in the chest.

His cellphone rnag, jarring him out of his thoughts.

"Speed," Horatio said hoping for good news, "what have we got?"

"Eric found the tired threads fit a Mazda, RX-8, the paint chips I found at the scene narrowed it down to a couple of cars. The guy who hit Yelina's car chose an odd colour for his car. We ran the names of the owners, one name popped up, Fred Danport."

"Fred Danport." The name sounded familiar. "Wasn't he one of the suspects we brought in for questioning for those murders on the missing women."

"Yeah, those cases we thought were related and never solved. Only he always had an alibi." Speed replied.

"You got an address?" Horatio asked, at least they had a lead.

"Yeah."

"Then let's go bring Mr Danport in shall we?"

Oh God...I'm gone for a couple of days and this happens? :eek:

I don't know about you but I think we should hurt this Danport guy! :devil:...after we find Yelina of course.

okay here's the plan. Everybody backup the csi's to Danport' place. Take some shotguns, armor with you. I will stay at Yelina mom's home, you never know they might try something there.

Poor Horatio, but she'll be fine darling *huggels*. Hrockz I expect "I thought I lost you sex" after this :p

Yes, this is definitely a perfect setup for the 'omg I thought I lost you sex'-thing. :lol:

Thanks for the quick and wonderful update Hrockz.

The morning sun was starting to rise, and light began to stream into the interrogation room. Horatio glanced at the suspect sitting at the table. This man, possibly knew where his wife was and with about another twelve hours to go before the twenty-four hour deadline he had set himself, they didn't have much time left at all.

"Have you seen this woman before?" Frank who was seated oposite the suspect asked, pushing a photograph of Yelina towards him.

Fred Danport shook his head, "Can't say I have."

"Where were you between six and eight last night?" Frank asked.

"At home, watching TV." Came the deadpan reply.

"Anyone can vouch for you on that?" Frank asked.

"I was home alone."

Horatio took a step towards their suspect and pushed Yelina's picture closer. "Fred, this is Det Salas, and she's been missing since yesterday evening. We have reason to believe you were the last person to see her."

"I told you, like I told you the last time you guys brought me in. I had nothing to do with those murders. And I don't know anything about your missing detective." Fred replied calmly.

"Then explain why we found paints chips from your car, on Det Salas's car, and tire marks that also put you at the scene?" Frank asked raising his voice slightly.

Fred threw his hands up. "Ok, ok. I was out driving last night, I hit the detective's car. It was a small scratch, we exchanged numbers, she was fine when I left."

Horatio could tell that the suspect wasn't telling the wholw truth. "So you lied to us about being at home."

"I didn't want to report the accident, so sue me." Fred said.

"If I find out you did more than get into an accident with Det Salas, I'll do more than sue you." Horatio glanced menacingly at Fred, then nodded at Frank. It was thier cue to leave the room and discuss what they had so far.

"That man's lying." Horatio said as soon as they were outside.

Frank nodded. "Yeah.

"Get a warrant for his house and car." Horatio said.

The warrant took another precious few hours. It was late morning before Speed and Calleigh were sent to Fred Danport's house and Horatio and Eric got started on the car. Horatio immediately found hair in the car he knew belonged to his wife. But they needed hard evidence, not just his word. DNA analysis took another couple of hours but it confirmed that Yelina had been in Danport's car.

It was three in the afternoon before Frank and Horatio confronted Danport in the interrogation room again.

"We know you took her." Frank said as he again took the seat opposite their suspect. "We got DNA saying she was in your car."

Danport said nothing only shrugged. Horaito's patience was running thin, there was no telling what this man had done to his wife, she could be dying somewhere, they had to find her quick.

"Where is she?" Horatio growled.

Again Danport shrugged, giving no answer.

"We know you took my wife, where is she?" Horatio repeated.

Danport raised an eyebrow. "Ah, she's your wife?" He laughed. "Didn't know she was a cop... she's a very pretty lady. You can have her anytime you want, how does it feel to know that last night, you couldn't have her, that I had her inste - "

Danport didn't get to finish his sentence. In a flash, Horatio had jumped onto him, tackling him over from the chair onto the ground, and was raining punches oh the suspect. It took Frank and the uniformed officer to pull Horatio off.

Frank pushed the still fuming Horatio out of the room.

"What was that?" Frank asked.

Horatio was breathing hard, he gritt his teeth, his eyes still trained on the suspect in the interrogation room.

"He's playing you and you fell for it." Frank said. It was uncharacteristic of Horatio to lose it like that.

"We need to find Yelina." Horatio said.

"I know you're angry, you're too personally involved in this case. Let me talk to him." Frank said.

Horatio knew his colleague was right. He nodded, taking a breath to calm himself. Time seemed to crawl as Horatio watched Frank speak to Danport. After a half hour Frank emerged again and spoke to Horatio.

"He's not talking. He only admits to taking her but he's not telling us where she is."

Horatio bowed his head. He couldn't imagine what the man had did to Yelina. Frank's cellphone rang. "Danport's house is empty." He said after he hung up. "Yelina's not there... but neighbours told Calleigh that Danport has property by South Beach."

"Let's go." Horatio said, putting on his shades. Evening was arriving and they were out of time.

She better be ok!! or I won't forgive you....:lol:

I like pissed H :devil:
He's human after all! he lost control of himself!!
He better did... is Yelina we are talking about!
Although he's probably getting into trouble for it...Stetler is going to love it, even tho it was about Yelina he's gonna come after H for punching a suspect...or may be not...

Okay task force, gather up we're going to the Danports residence in South Beach! Gear up: body armor, full metal jackets. We won't need your cooking skill today Honey, take your guns instead cause it's going to go down HARD!

^ Nice banner! :D And 'Yes Sir'!

Oh, please find her. Hrockz don't be so mean. Look you made Kermie return. ;)

And Patricia if Stetler gives anyone any grief he'll have the task force to answer to! :devil:

Luna I didn't mean to make you like Kermie, but I must admit I love crazy Kermie as your ava. :p
I'd better put a PG-13 warning to this update for some violence.

It was late evening by the time Horatio and Frank got to Danport's other house at South Beach. The street lamps were beginning to flicker on. Twenty-four hours would be up in 15 minutes. Not knowing if there was an acomplice Horatio and Frank drew their guns. Frank kicked open the door and they entered. It was dark in the house and their eyes took time to adjust to the dim light. Horatio nodded upstairs, indicating that he would go up while Frank searched the ground floor.

Room by room, Horatio searched. His heart raced when he reached the last bedroom down the hallway. He saw the form of a body lying on the far end on the floor, partly obscured by the bed, so that he only saw two feet. With his heart pounding in his chest Horatio made his way to the motionless body on the ground. He bit back a gasp, it was Yelina, lying half-naked, covered in her own dried blood. Her face had been beaten such that one of her eyes swelled, with her hair matted to her forehead with blood.

"Get rescue!" Horatio yelled to Frank, "I found her!"

Hands trembling, Horatio slipped off his jacket and wrapped Yelina in it. Her skin was cold to touch, and her lips deathly pale. With trembling hands his fingers moved to her neck, there was a pulse, but it was very faint. Horatio could breathe again. He gently lifted her head, then cradled her limp body in his arms. He didn't like the way her head slumped on his chest.

"I've got you." He whispered, not caring if she could hear him. "Hang in there... you hang in there." He held her tight as if afraid that she would disappear again.

The paramedics arrived soon after and Yelina was taken to the hospital. Horatio paced the floor as the doctors worked on her. When they were done, one of the doctors delivered Horatio the news. She had two broken ribs, and a contussion to the brain. She had been sexually assulted, something Danport had already admitted to. The swelling in her brain would subside, she would wake, the bruises on her face would also disappear with time. She would make a complete recovery, physically. Emotionally, the doctor couldn't say.

Horatio thanked the doctor for his help, then phoned Yelina's mother and Ray to tell them that she had been found. It was agreed it would be better that their two young sons not see their mother this way, and that they would stay with their grandmother until Yelina got better. Horatio had requested Calleigh to come in, to process Yelina before she woke, he felt it would be less tramatic for her.

Horatio waited while Calleigh gathered the necessary evidence. Seeing her like that had shaken him considerably. He felt as if he had failed in his duty to protect her. He buried his face in his hands, letting out a deep sigh. He felt hands gently touch his shoulder.

"I'm all done." Calleigh said taking a seat next to Horatio.

"Thank you."

"You ok?"

"Yeah." Truth was, he wasn't sure, but he had to be, for Yelina's sake.

"Listen, IAB's looking for you, for what you did to Danport. You gave him a broken nose."

Anger flashed across Horatio's face. He had expected repercussions, but not so soon. "What I did to him was nothing compared to what he did to Yelina.... or to those other women he killed."

"We'll hold them off till Yelina gets better, we won't let them put you under investigation while she's in here." Calleigh assured.

Horatio nodded. "I need to be with her now."

"I'll get the evidence back to the lab. If you need anything..."

"Thank you."

Horatio pushed open the door to Yelina's room and pulled a chair that was sitting in the corner. He leaned over and gently kissed her forehead. He sat close to her, not wanting to leave her side. The blood had been cleaned from her face and the swelling seemed to have lessened. He didn't think it possible but even her olive coloured skin looked pale. Even in unconsciouness she wore a slight frown on her face. What did that monster do to her? He watched the gentle rise and fall of her chest, assured that she was alive and taking comfort that she would recover from her injuries. The state she was in reminded Horatio of his mother, what her face looked like, when his father was through with her. Not a good memory. He let out a breath, this was not the same.

He gently took her right hand, the other hand had an IV line running into it. He brought her palm to his mouth and gently kissed it, then held in firmly in his own.

"I'm not going anywhere sweetheart." He said.

With her hand still in his, Horatio hunkered down for the wait. He wanted to be there when she woke.

Back