What If ? (H/Y fic)

I'l update tomorrow, cos today I had computer trouble only managed one the fic I had in my brain and wanted to get out.

It's a oneshot. Here's the link, it's H/Y of course.
A Team Effort

Horatio sat on the bed they shared, his heart thumping loudly in his chest. It seemed like the longest three minutes of his life. They'd stopped by the pharmacy on the way home and picked up a pregnancy test kit, the one that Yelina was currently using in the bathroom. He played with his fingers, trying to will the time to go faster. It wasn't the first time, they been confronted with such news, and Horatio was glad, they didn't neeed a gunshot to find out this time.

Horatio decided he'd waited enough. He stood up and made his way softly to Matt's room. He stood watching the gentle rise and fall of his son's chest. Matt was almost two now, getting too big for the cot. Horatio made a mental note to get Matt a bed soon, perhaps his present cot would be inherited by a younger sibling. Matt looked so peaceful sleeping. He smiled to himself, then bent over to kiss his son gently, careful not to wake the boy.

Horatio made his way back to the bedroom. Surely three minutes had passed already. Yelina was seated on the bed, waiting for him. She wore a smile on her face. Horatio raised his eyebrows, but he already knew what she was going to say.

"We're going to have another baby."

Horatio smiled. He took his place beside Yelina and they shared a long kiss.

"I'm not sure I want to have all those late night feeds and diaper changes again." Horatio commented.

"Should have thought of that when we decided to stop using protection." Yelina smiled, brushing his hair with her hand.

"But," Horatio grinned, "I'm happy."

"So am I."

----------------------

The remaining seven months of pregnany flew by in a flurry of morning sickness and midnight cravings. Something Yelina didn't have when she had Matt. And then another Caine baby was born. A baby boy they named Joshua Enrique Caine. And the house seemed just right, all the bedrooms were filled and they were happy. Little Josh looked just like his father, down to the red hair on his head. A contrast to his dark-haired older brother. A year passed and Matt and Josh, now three and one were their parents pride and joy.

-------------------------

Yelina stared at the IAB seargent standing in front of her and wondered why he was always the bearer of bad news.

"I can't have you working the day shift anymore. You understand my concerns about this." Rick Stetler explained.

"I just don't understand why I'm paying for my partner's mistake." Yelina said, not wanting to back down.

"I'm just doing my job, not trying to win a popularity contest." Rick replied. "The decision was made by the chief not me."

Yelina sighed. Being on the night shift again meant she would hardly get to see Horatio, something she loathed. At least she'd get to take care of Matt and Josh during the day she consoled herself.

Horatio's day had ended, and as always he headed to his wife's desk, ready for their ride to pick their sons then home together. He saw her talking animatedly to Rick. The man who had laid hands on her, the man who had treated her like dirt. Horatio seethed inside. He still had not gotten the oportunity to "repay" Rick for hitting Yelina years ago, and it was something Horatio wasn't about to forget. He knew whatever it was they were talking about poilcework, and he should not interfere, but he decided to anyway.

"Everything ok?" Horatio asked as he stood next to Yelina.

Rick ignored Horatio, only shooting him a glance of contempt. He continued his conversation with Yelina as if Horatio was invisible.

"So you start tomorrow."

Yelina nodded, and Rick left, satisfied that Yelina understood what she had to do.

"Sweetheart, what's going on?" Horatio asked turning to his wife in concern.

:mad: Steter! He makes H/Y unhappy, he'll have to deal with us! Task Force, I think it's just about time to get Stetler. Any last-minute plan changes, things we need to go over, anything else important?

And another baby! Josh, I remember him in the first chapter. I can't wait to hear about how he turns out, great job Hrockz!

Now. Stetler... :devil:

Aww another baby whiii.

Okay I have about 20 cans of coca cola in my basement. I'll put some of them in Stetler' freezer. Hopefuly they'll pop once he opens it.

caddie & honey, you both can go after Stetler. Me and tricia protect H. Loony and rabbit help Yelina with the kids okay? :)

Oh & caddie and honey? Make it VERY painful will you? Just don't kill him, else I don't know who we can take our anger out on. Don't forget your skimasks! And GOOD LUCK!

^ Aye aye, Captain! *salutes* Did you decide that I needed a little practice before my nephew arrives? ;)

Great update Hrockz, even though Stetler was there... :lol:

Lunalove said:
^ Aye aye, Captain! *salutes* Did you decide that I needed a little practice before my nephew arrives? ;)

Of course we will make sure your the perfect auntie Loony ;)

Waw, I go away for a week, and now there are TWO kids?!? But I'm glad I can help out. I'm very good with kids :cool:
Great updates as usual, Hrockz! ;)

The cans of coke in the freezer make one hell of a mess, let alone putting a BOTTLE of coke in the freezer (oh, memories :rolleyes:)
Oh, and I checked with Interpol, Stetler does indeed live with his mommy :devil:

Aye aye, Cap-i-tan! *salutes* Honey, let's move. Strap him down, and we'll wing exactly what we're gonna do, but anything that sounds painful, bring it. This is very exciting indeed. :devil:

Alright Caddie, I've got the rope and duct tape. :devil:

So we need something evil hmm? Well we could use the old slowly lower him into a shark tank and let them bite off his feet. :devil: Or just put him in a bag and beat him with golf clubs :lol:

Aww another baby, he sounds like he'll be cute :D Great update Hrockz!

Yelina's eyes told Horatio she didn't want to talk about it where they were. He took her arm and gently led her down the hall to a secluded spot, out of earshot from everyone else. He looked at her expectantly.

"You know my partner Norman?" Yelina started.

"He messed up on some evidence at a crime scene." Horatio said. Although he tried to stay out of the PD rumor mill, news like that travelled to his ears.

"IAB thinks he did it on purpose, that he took a bribe from some rich businessman who'd be implicated by the evidence."

"What... what has that got to do with you?" Horatio asked. Surely IAB didn't think Yelina was in on it. She was one of the best homicide detectives at MDPD.

"IAB knows I'm not involved, but they don't want me and Norman working together, while he's under investigation." Yelina explined. The frustration she was trying to suppress semmed to be creeping into her voice.

"They're not suspending him?"

"They think he can lead them to the man behind this."

"Baiting a bigger fish." Horatio mused.

Yelina nodded. "I've been told to work the night shift, from tomorrow."

Horatio was clearly unhappy about it too, although he didn't let it show, Yelina could tell. "Well, maybe if, maybe if I spoke to Rick..."

"It's not gonna work. The chief's backing him up on this one."

"Why don't you ask to work with my team again?" Horatio suggested.

"Frank's assigned to you for now." Yelina pointed out. "I don't want things difficult for him."

Horatio didn't like to lose and he didn't believe in dead ends. "We'll figure something out."

"Look on the bright side. I'll be home with Matt and Josh in the day, and you can have them at night. They'll be with either one of us all the time." Yelina offered a smile.

"But sweetheart, I'd hardly see you, unless I pull some doubles."

"Which you do most of the time anyway." Yelina said.

It wasn't something to be happpy about but trust Yelina to come up with a silver lining. Horatio bowed his head. "We'll work this out."

"Yeah, we will."

He took her hand, "Come on, let's go home."

Sorry this is a short one, my computer's acting up.

Awww, well at least they're trying their best to work this out. And I hope it does get worked out, us H/Y fans couldn't deal with them being together for like five minutes only. We need substance. :lol:

Sharks, hmmmm....sounds good to me. Where do we get killer sharks and a huge tank big enough to hold them? :lol:

cainesugar said:
us H/Y fans couldn't deal with them being together for like five minutes only.

Well it brings room for the closet! :devil: :p

cainesugar said:
Sharks, hmmmm....sounds good to me. Where do we get killer sharks and a huge tank big enough to hold them? :lol:

Let's look through the yellow pages :cool:

Great update as usual :)

Maybe if we dangle Stetler over the shark tank, he'll rethink this idea... :lol:

I looked in the yellow pages but all I could find was man eating squirrels... lets just go down to Miami and catch some :D

Great update!

HoratioandYelina said:
I looked in the yellow pages but all I could find was man eating squirrels...

Interesting.. very interesting! Is it as painful as sharks you think? :D

Back