What If ? (H/Y fic)

Exploding pie eh? :lol: Shouldn't be too hard, add a little of this and a lot of nitro, I think it'll be ready to blow soon! :D

Nice update Hrockz, hope we're keeping you amused while you get better ;)

Yeah you guys are keeping me amused. I look forward to coming to this site all the time.

The weather in Chicago was cold. It was a far cry from Miami. Horatio had grown up in New York, and one would have thought he would have been used to the cold, but perhaps he had been in Miami too long. The cold only made him miss the warmth of home more.

Tha day was over and he had another week to go before he could fly home to Miami. He removed his large overcoat and tossed it on his hotel bed. He picked up the phone and dialled the familiar number. It was answered after a long time.

"Hi, I was beginning to think you weren't home." Horatio said.

"Sorry," Yelina apologised. "I was in the shower."

"Hmm.. that's a nice thought. Wish I could be in the shower with you."

Yelina laughed the laugh Horatio loved to hear. "Matt's asleep?" Horatio asked.

"Yup." Yelina replied.

"How was your day?" Horatio asked.

Yelina thought it wise not to let Horatio in on too many details. She didn't want him worrying unncesesarily. "Nothing much, ran into some car trouble."

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah. Ray's picking Matt and me tomorrow, till the car's fixed."

"Good... Miss you." Horatio said softly into the phone.

"Miss you too." Yelina replied.

"You'd better get to bed." Horatio said. "In case Matt wakes in the night."

"Yeah. I love you." Yelina said. "Goodnight."

"Love you too." Horatio smiled. He waited for her to hang up before he did. He never felt like this before Yelina, he could pick up and move on without trouble. Domestic life had softened him somewhat, he mused.

He toyed with the thought of calling Calleigh to see how things were at the lab, but decided against it, knowing that he had left the lab in good hands. Instead he opted for a quick shower, then decided to head to the hotel bar. He ordered a beer from the bartender. Horatio usually didn't drink, but he thought he had better order some beverage, since he was at a bar. He surveyed the scene, a couple of other CSIs from the various states, he had met at the conference were there. A man in a cowoby hat was attempting to pick up come blonde at the other end of the bar.

He bowed his head and studied his fingers for a moment. He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath he thought he could almost smell Yelina's scent. He heard someone take the seat beside him, and he opened his eyes. He wasn't in the mood for company.

"Lt. Horatio Caine. Good to finally meet you." The brunette seated beside him stuck out a hand.

Horatio found her face familiar. He shook her outstretched hand. "You're Ms Daniels. You gave a lecture on blood splatter analysis earlier." He now remembered why he found her face familiar.

"Please call me Lisa." The brunette smiled. "I'm surprised you were paying attention. I thought someone with your reputation would find my lecture boring."

Horatio laughed. "There's always more to learn." He paused. "What did you mean by, my reputation?"

"I heard you always get your man. That you're keeping Miami safe." Lisa smiled.

"Isn't that what we all do?" Horatio replied. "I'm fortunate to have a good team of CSIs."

"Humble and charming." Lisa teased. "Care to buy me drink?"

Horatio blushed a little. "Sure." He signalled for the bartender, and Lisa ordered a Martini.

The night wore on and they made small talk, both getting comfortable with each other's company. Horatio drank a little more than he thought he should but Lisa kept ordering him drinks.

"Care for some company tonight, Horatio?" Lisa asked suggestively.

Horatio blinked, forcing himself out of a fog that had seemed to have come over him. "Umm... " he cleared his throat. Didn't she notice his wedding ring? "No thank you."

"Sure?" Lisa asked. She leaned close to him. He could smell the alcohol in her breath. She slid a hand up his thigh.

Horatio almost jumped out of his seat. He hadn't been touched by any woman in that fashion since Yelina. He blushed again. She looked like she was about to lean in to kiss him, and Horatio knew it was time to make an exit. He stood up and paid the bartender for their drinks.

"I happen to be happily married to a woman I'm madly in love with. And er, I wouldn't do anything to jeapordize that." Horatio said, almost apologetically.

"That's a shame." Lisa said. She slid a piece of paper into Horatio's jacket. "In case you change your mind, call me." She stood up, her gait slightly unsteady. It was clear to Horatio she was drunk. "We could have some harmless fun, your wife would never know."

"I think you need to get to your room." Horatio said. He could just leave her, but he knew there were many men who would take advantage of her in her drunken state. He took her gently by the arm, and led her out of the bar. He had no idea which room she was in, but fortunately the hotel conceierge saw them and gave Horatio the room number, winking at them as Horatio punched the number in the elevator to her floor.

Horatio sighed. They did look like a couple headed back to the room for night of fun and sex. Reaching Lisa's room, Horatio unlocked the door, helping her onto the bed. He laid her head down on the pillow, then slipped off her heels. He pulled the covers over her, and just as he was about to leave, Lisa grabbed his hand. "Sure you won't stay?"

Horatio gently pried her hand from his. "Get some rest."

He hurried out of the room, closing the door behind him. He took the elevator to his floor. He could alomost imagine what Yelina would say if he told her of what had just happened, that he was very attractive and he should expect that certain women might try to get in his pants.

Horatio sighed. He missed Yelina and Matt even more now. He unlocked his room door, and was soon fast asleep after a drop too many of alcohol.

GRRRRRRR, this Lisa person better not try anything again! Dammit we should have sent someone from the task force with H.

Thanks for the update Hrockz. :D

Ooh i'm so proud off the way that H handled it. Just to make sure, we'll send two crazy task force members. I suggest Tricia (part of her training :p) and how about you Loony? I know how much you like protecting H!

Meanwhile we send 2 people to Stetler. How about Rabbit (also part of training) & Caddy. Don't forget the golf clubs although I'm sure you won't.

Honey, you can swing the golf clubs and flaming omelets another time at Stetler. You're helping me protect Y :)

Savvy? :D

I have an assignment? really?
Awesome!! :D
I promise I'll do my best Loony, you don't have to worry about me messing things up! ;)

Lisa, better be careful now! :devil:....jk!

Great update Hrocks!, H is such a gentleman!

I am also very proud of how Horatio handled the situation. When you're drunk, away from your family, dazed, and with a pretty woman, I guess as a guy it cam be tenpting. He did the right thing, 100%.

I get to go after Stetler? Ooh, boy! :devil: *packs up golf clubs* Have fun in Chicago, guys. I'm headin East, to Miami. And I won't kill Stetler before our plan is complete, just give him some warnings...

Wonderful update, Hrockz! :D

cainesugar said:
I guess as a guy it cam be tenpting.

I think as a woman too.

Anyway like you said don't kill Stetler... who else do we have to take our agression out to eh?

I'll watch Matt while Yelina is at work. I need to practice, who knows I might become an aunt in the future. ( I love kids, but I don't want my own though )

Honey can follow Yelina. Take a tazergun with you, if Stetler comes to close strike him!

"You know when you're obsessed with H/Y when every time you make an omelet you think of Honey's lethal cooking skill that protects H/Y from harm"

I'll never feel the same again every time I eat an omelet or pie :lol:

Hahaha neither will I Kitten. We had pie last night and I burst out laughing as the flaming pie came to mind. My family gave me the weirdest looks... :lol:

Sweet, following Yelina... a tazergun hmm? That could be fun :D

Great update Hrockz!

Exploding pie, flaming eggs! I mean it, i'm never going to look the same at those 2 things like I used too :D I mean they can be lethal for crying out loud haha :)

At least you guys found a way to make food lethal :lol: Nice ava Tati, although H looks so sad.

The cab dropped Horatio at his front door. The two weeks away from home was over and he was glad to back in sunny Florida. It was evening and his family had to be home. He looked forward to seeing them again. Horatio rumaged in his pockets for his keys then entered the house.

He was greeted by a sight he had missed. Matt was seated on the floor, attempting to make a tower out of his blocks. His little face lit up when he saw his father. He pushed himself up from the floor and ran into Horatio's open arms.

Carrying him up in the air and then hugging him Horatio kissed his son on the top of his head. "Hey buddy, I missed you."

"Daddy!" the boy squeled as his mother walked in from the kitchen hearing the commotion. The boy smiled then pointed animatedly at Horatio as if Yelina needed to be reminded that the man that was carrying him was indeed his father.

Yelina laughed. With one arm, Horatio embraced Yelina, kissing her on the lips. "I missed you."

"I'm glad you're home." Yelina said, burying her face in his neck.

"I see the car's fixed." Horatio said. He had noticed her car parked out front.

"Yeah. Ray took it to the shop for me, had it fixed."

"We should invite him over for dinner to thank him."

"Yeah." Horatio looked at Matt, then back at Yelina. "He's grown."

Yelina smiled and nodded.

"Play, Daddy." Matt insisted, wriggling from his father's arms to the ground.

"He missed you." Yelina pointed out. "We'll have more time together after the little guy's asleep."

Horatio smiled, sitting down and crossing his legs next to his son. He helped Matt with his tower. After dinner, during which Horatio commented on how much he missed Yelina's cooking, he took the familiar routine of bathing Matt and putting the boy to bed.

When Horatio got out fo the shower, Yelina was busy helping him unpack from the trip.

"Who's Lisa Daniels?" Yelina asked, holding up a crumpled piece of paper from Horatio's jacket.

"Umm..." Horatio turned red in the face. He shifted his weight nervously between both feet. "Umm... a CSI from St. Louis, she ah... she took great interest in me."

Yelina raised her eyebrows. "Great interest?"

"Er, yeah. She umm... joined me at the hotel bar for drinks, think we both got a little drunk, tried to invite me to her room, but nothing happened between us."

Yelina laughed. "Relax. I'm not saying you did anything."

Horatio nodded. Yelina took a few steps to him and wrapped her arms round his neck. "You're very handsome, some women might try to get in your pants."

It was Horatio's turn to laugh. "I thought you'd say something like that."

He placed his hand on her hips, pressing her against him. He smiled and leaned in for a kiss. She slipped a hand into his boxers, and whispered, "I know I'm the only woman who gets to get in your pants."

Horatio smiled into her hair. He was enjoying her touch very much. She was undoing his resolve by the second. "Glad you know that." He managed.

They ended what they were doing by making love on their bed, and falling asleep in each others' arms.

Horatio and Yelina reunited, and nothing bad happened. I'll save the flaming omelets and exploding pies for another time... :lol: I wonder what else I could make lethal... I think I'll try cooking something tomorrow and see what happens... :lol:

Great update Hrockz! :D

HoratioandYelina said:
I'll try cooking something tomorrow and see what happens... :lol:

Should I notify fire and rescue?

YESSSSSSS Hman is home again and he got some lovin' awwww :cool:

Caddy & Rabbit you stay on Stetler' tail ok? The rest can take a short break :p But be available at all times though

I'll try cooking something tomorrow and see what happens... :lol:
Should I notify fire and rescue?
We were supposed to ask? If a couple firetrucks turn up at your house tomorrow, Honey, erm... whoops. :lol:

Horatio is home, with his family, where he belongs! And Yelina's not jealous, aww. She missed him so much that there's no time to be jealous. :D No talk, more love. Great update, Hrockz!

Aye aye, Kitten! *salutes* I've placed a tracking device on Stetler, and have got a close watch over him. It seems that, as suspected, he lives with his mother. :lol:

Back