What If ? (H/Y fic)

My oldest brother' (34y) birthday is 18 february and the other one (27y) is 24 november. I'm the youngest (18y). I know a lot of ppl who have there birthdays in Feb.

Since mine is on the 19th so it's on the split of Aquarius and Pisces :lol: I just like to think I have the best qualities of the two :devil:

Really? Why is it that there are so many Pisces (fish)? Oh, right. Go back nine months and it's May...

:lol: *bursts out laughing* It seems that Pisces have a gravitational pull towards CSI, everyone I know who likes CSI (outside of this forum) is Pisces. Yeah, go fish!

Wow Tati, I'm honnoured that you kept all those links to my other fics. Thanks! Love your sig banner Patricia, DC just looks so hot! Yum... anyways back to the story.

The frigid water stunned Horatio for a moment. Its icy coldness was a stark contrast to the scorching heat on dry land. He tried to locate the escaping man in the water. He saw the man, struglling in the cold water. Horatio wondered for a moment if the man was going for a weapon of any sort. It took Horatio a few seconds to realise that the man couldn't swim and was trashing about, but his efforts only making him sink further. His wet clothes were weighing him down as were Horatio's. He wished he had taken the time to remove his shoes and socks before jumping in. His thoughts briefly wondered to what Yelina would say when he returned home with soaking leather shoes. His lungs bursting from the lack of air, Horatio kicked his legs and broke to the surface, gasping.

"You ok?" Frank yelled to him. He stretched out his hand to Horatio.

"I've gota go back for he man. Don't think he can swim." Horatio gasped back.

Frank nodded. "He's got a weapon." Frank pointed out.

Horatio nodded. He took in a deep breath of air then dived under the water again. The cold was starting to make his hands and feet feel numb. He spotted the man who was now motionless several feet below him. Horatio kicked his legs and swam deeper into the water. He finally reached the man and he grabbed the man's limp hand. He used all the reserves of stregth he had and kicked for the surface. Just when he thought his lungs would give and he would pass out from the lack of oxygen, Horatio broke to the surface once more. Taking in large gulps of air. A patrol officer hauled the limp man onto the deck. Horatio took Frank's outstretched hand and pulled himself onto the dry deck. He lay flat on his back, gasping and coughing. The sunshine brought welcome warmth to his freezing body. His wet clothes clung to his well-toned body.

"Get those wet clothes off." Frank said, helping Horatio to sit up and pulling of his shirt.

"Here you go L.T." A patrol officer drapped a blanket over Horatio's shoulders.

"Thanks." Horatio's teeth were chattering from the cold. Although it was a hot day, a cool breeze was blowing and it chilled him to the bone.

"Wanna go get checked by a Dr?" Frank asked.

"No need." Horatio said, getting to his feet. "I've an extra set of clothes at PD in my locker."

"Sir? He's coming to." One of the paramedics working on the man said.

"I'll get Speed to speak to him at the hospital." Horatio said.

"Come on let's get you those dry clothes." Frank said. They drove back to MDPD.

Horatio took a warm shower, and changed into his extra set of clothes. As he was buttoning his shirt he heard his wife's voice from behind his locker.

"Heard you performed quite a stunt earlier." Yelina said, coming round. She walked up to him, helping him button his shirt. Her large tummy bumping against him.

"It was nothing." Horatio chuckled.

"I'm just glad you're ok." Yelina said.

"I always am." Horatio smiled. "I'm beginning to feel a little tired, ready to go home?"

"Yeah. I need to lock up some paperwork. I'll meet you in the parking lot."

"Ok." Horatio kissed her lightly on the lips. Then he rubbed her tummy gently, a habit he developed since she got pregnant.

The couple retuned home and carried on with their usual evening activities, before getting into bed for the night.

Yelina was awakened in the dead of night. She noticed Horatio wasn't in bed next to her. She heard the sound of the water running from the bathroom. She got out of bed, making her way to the dim light of the adjoining bathroom. She saw her husband bent over the toilet, wretching and throwing up.

"Horatio," she said concerned. She leaned over to touch him. His skin was hot to touch.

"You're burning up!" Yelina said. "Let's get you back into bed."

"I'm sorry. Can't let you be taking care of me like this." Horatio said.

"You're sick. Let's just hope it's not pneumonia. Must be that jump you took into the water today." She said helping him into bed and pulling the covers over him.

"I'll go get you some aspirin."

Horatio wanted to protest and say he could do that himself, but lifting his head took every ounce of strength he possessed. He shut his eyes, then felt Yelina rouse him. She fed him the aspirin and he fell back into a deep sleep.

See Super-H is human too :p

See Super-H is human too :p

Somewhere in Sherman Oaks, Mr. Caruso stirs from his sleep, and gasps. "It CAN'T be!" :lol:

Poor Horatio! Alright, we need to re-join forces and nurse the pregnant/sick couple here! (Not that Horatio is preggers or Yelina is sick, but you know what I mean, respecively) I'll alternate cool, damp towels on H's forehead, we need someone to feed him medications, someone to get a doctor...who wants to do what?

Awesome update! Hope he's okay, but I love the whole Yelina taking care of him story. Keep it up (the story and the great work!) Thanks! :D

cainesugar said:

I'll alternate cool, damp towels on H's forehead, we need someone to feed him medications, someone to get a doctor...who wants to do what?

Well I'm studyng medicine so I could practice with him....:devil:
Sorry for that my mind couldn't help it...:lol:
I promise to be professional...I'll never do that to Yelina..

Somewhere in Sherman Oaks, Mr. Caruso stirs from his sleep, and gasps. "It CAN'T be!"
That was way funny :lol:

I'm off from work this week so I'll try update more often this fic. Unfortunately I brought work home. :(

Horatio stirred as the morning sun shone into their bedroom. He was feeling much better from the night before when he had emptied the contents of his stomach into the toilet. He lifted his head, looking around. Yelina was nowhere to be seen. He sat up slowly from bed. Then checked the time. His heart started to race, he was very late for work. He jumped to his feet, but had to hold onto the wall as a wave of dizziness hit him. He didn't think he could drive to work like this. Hopefully he could get a co-worker to come drive him. He made his way to the shower, the hot water refreshing him and he felt considerably better after.

He dried himself then pulled on a stripped shirt and black pants. He made his way downstairs. He found a note on the refridgerator door from his wife.

"Took the liberty of calling in sick fo you. Breakfast is on the table. You can heat up last night's left-overs for lunch. I'll be back in time to make you dinner. If you need anything call me. - love Yelina"

Horatio smiled to to himself, and felt lucky to have such an amazing wife. The pancakes she made were still warm and he ate them cautiously not wanting a repeat of last night with the toilet.

Horatio was unaccustomed to not being at work and he wondered what he should do with his spare time. The nursery had been prepared for the new baby last week. He decided to try catch the morning news. Just as he was settling into the couch with the remote in hand, something he hardly ever did, the phone rang.

"Hey."

"Figured you'd call." Horatio laughed. "Thanks for breakfast."

"You're welcome. My back and feet are killing me, I need a back-rub when I get home." Yelina said.

"One back-rub waiting for you when you get home my love." Horatio said, smiling into the phone.

"How're you feeling?" Yelina asked.

"Much better than last night." he replied.

"If you're up to it, fix that loose floorboard on the back stairs." Yelina remineded him.

"It'll be done when you get home."

"I have to go. Love you." Yelina said. He could sense her smile. "Baby just kicked. It wants you to know he or she loves Daddy too."

"I love you both too." Horatio said.

He hung up then spent the morning working on the loose floorboard. He then decided on doing some household chores.

By evening when his tired and heavily pregnant wife got home, Horatio had dinner ready and the house spotless.

Yelina stood with her hands on her sides and smiled. "I should call in sick for you more often."

Horatio laughed. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. "Are you saying I don't help out enough at home?"

"No. It's just nice to come home and have nothing to do."

"Come on, let's have dinner then the back-rub I promised." Horatio took her hand and led her to the kitchen.

They settled in for the night on their bed. Horatio gently kneaded the small of her back. His touch sending shocks up her spine as it always did.

"Ummm... she leaned into him."

He swept her hair aside, gently kissing her neck. She moaned in pleasure.

"I miss this." She said, shifting her weight and running her hands up and down his bare chest.

"We really shouldn't." Horatio said, kissing her on the lips.

"You're right, we shouldn't." She kissed back, her tongue exploring his. "Me being so pregnant and all."

He gently lowered her onto the bed and lay behind her, spooning her. His lips and tongue tasted her ear. "But I don't want to stop."

"Neither do I." Yelina said. "Don't stop."

It took some manouvering but they were soon making love, something they hadn't done in weeks.

For the second consequetive night, Yelina's sleep was interupted. This time it wasn't by Horatio but a sharp pain in her abdomen. It was a contraction, no denying it. She hoped it would pass but the clock on her bedside table told her the contractions were getting closer. Their baby wanted to make it's appearance. She sat up and shook Horatio.

"Horatio, wake up." Yelina said.

Horatio opened his eyes sleepily. "What?"

"I think I'm having the baby."

"Now?" Horatio asked a confused look on his face.

"No next year... Of course now." Yelina grit her teeth as another contraction came. "I can feel it coming."

"But you're not due for another two weeks." Horatio said.

"Guess all that fun we had made me go into labour." Yelina said.

"Errr... ok" Horaito said jumping out of bed and wide awake now. He hurriedly pulled on a T-shirt and jeans. He then helped Yelina into her clothes then grabbed her overnight bag.

"Call Dr Richardson on the way." Horatio said as he helped her into the car then jumped into the drivers seat.

"I think you'd better call him." Yelina said. "The pain's getting really bad."

"Ok, hang on sweetheart." Horatio gunned the engine and sped down the road to the hospital.

It was nothing like Horatio would have imagined. But he wasn't sure what to expect, it was his first time. The epidural Dr Richardson gave Yelina works wonders, but her labour was long and dragged into the late morning. He could tell she was tiring, and he worried constantly, despite the doctor's assurances that it was normal for the first time to take that long. For her part, Yelina didn't complain, and soldiered on through the day. Horatio remained by her side, holding her hand, and telling her how great she was doing.

By late afternoon, the doctor told them the baby was ready to make its way into the world, and Yelina, fatigued by the labour was just about ready to give up.

"I can't do this anymore." Yelina gasped as she was instructed to push.

"You need to push harder." Dr Richardson said.

"Listen to me, sweetheart. I can't imagine how tired you must be, but we're nearing the end. You're doing great. Just give this last bit all you've got."

"Can't Horatio." Yelina said. "I'm tired."

"Sure you can." Horatio encouraged. "I know you can." He pushed the wet hair from her forehead and kissed her.

The doctor instructed Yelina to push again, and she did with more effort this time.

"Heads out." Horatio encouraged her. "You're doing great sweetheart."

"One more push and we'll have this baby out." The doctor added.

Yelina gave it all she got and the baby slipped out. Dr Richardson held the wailing infant in his hands. "Congradulations, you have a healthy baby boy."

He placed the infant on Yelina's chest, then allowed Horatio to cut the cord.

Horatio smiled at mother and baby. "I'm so proud of you, of both of you."

He kissed Yelina on the forehead. The baby had brown curls on his head, much like his mother.

"Horatio?" Yelina said, looking up at her husband.

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Our son needs a name." Yelina said.

Well, Super H recovered kinda fast... he's got some Super H in him yet! :lol:

OMG A BABY BOY!!!! Hang on I learned that in the first chapter... :lol: Who cares lets celebrate!!! * hauls out keg from the last party*

I'm watching my banner and getting very distracted, so much that I forgot what I was going to say... but I think it was something along the lines of good job Hrockz... :lol:

Whoe 2 updates in 1 day! Jippie H is healthy again :D And Yelina gave birth!! This is so much to take in

/strokes out.

GREAT UPDATE !

I'll bring the bubbly & the glasses who brings the food? ^^

I'll bring the food

So glad H is alrigth after his dive in the water to get the suspect :) and to proud parents of baby caine congratz to H/Y

great update Hrockz

That was way funny :lol:

You supply the updates, I supply the funny. It's a system!

Wowzee! :eek: We have Super-H gone human, then Super-human-H pulls a Super-H, and now Yelina's given birth! Well, they got to enjoy a little much-missed loving beforehand...

Awesome job Hrockz! HnY your banner is very disracting... :lol: And I'll bring dessert! Chocolate cake, cheesecake, chocolate-cheesecake, ice cream, baked goods...what else?

Great update!! :D

Lets get this party started!! That boy need to know how much he is welcome!! :D

Kit4na love your new banner!!

The visitors came and went and the proud parents showed of their new baby boy. Ray and Calleigh were the last to arrive that evening.

"Sorry took so long Horatio, your colleague was busy covering your work while you were busy welcoming your son into the world." Ray teased.

"Yeah, sorry about that Calleigh." Horatio said. He sat perched on the side of the bed his arm round Yelina with the infant snug in her arms.

"No worries," Calleigh smiled. "Ray's being mean."

"Hey that's what brothers are for." Ray laughed. He studied the baby in Yelina's arms. "You sure that kid's my nephew? He dosen't seem to look much like you."

"That, you have to ask his mother." Horatio smiled.

Yelina rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Can I hold him?" Calleigh asked.

"Sure." Yelina passed the baby over. The infant boy yawned. His eyes opened and it was like looking at Yelina, only a much smaller version of her.

"He's adorable." Calleigh smiled. "You guys have a name for him?"

"Matthew Jose Caine." Horatio replied proudly.

"Matthew?" Ray asked raising his eyebrows. "How'd you come to that?" He wondered if they had any relatives by the name only his older brother knew about.

"After the hurricane that blew past some time back." Horatio explained. "He was conceived during the hurricane."

"Ahhh so that's what you two were up to in that basement of yours." Ray teased. "I never wanna know what and where else in your house you guys get it on."

Horatio and Yelina burst out laughing.

"Guys, Matthew's asleep." Calleigh shushed them.

"We'd better go." Ray added. "Yelina must be tired too."

Calleigh handed the sleeping bundle back to his father. As their visitors left, the new parents finally had some time to themselves.

"He's so little, I'm afraid I'll hurt him." Horatio admitted to his wife.

"You won't." She assured him. "And he'll grow."

"He's perfect." Horatio smiled down at his son.

"Yeah till he starts crying." Yelina replied.

"Thank you. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be a father." Horatio grew solumn. "You know with my Dad, it was er.. I never thought I'd get to be one, cos my Dad made me not want to be a father. But... you, and Matt, changed my mind."

Yelina never knew that and she reached out to rub Horatio's back. "You're not like him, I mean your Dad."

"Yeah I know, but seeing Matt... I can never understand how he could do those things he did to Ray, my mom and me." Horatio wondered if he should continue. He had never told Yelina about how his parents died, and he dreaded the day when and if he had to. He hoped she would never have to find out. It was a secret he wanted to remain buried for the rest of his life.

He looked up at Yelina who was already fast asleep after the day's exertions. He smiled. Perhaps she and their son would never have to know.

He settled down into the chair by her bed, craddling the baby in his arms, he kissed his son gently on the forehead. He would be hungry and wake for his milk soon, and Horatio wanted Yelina to rest as much as she could, so he gently rocked Matt, keeping the infant asleep as long as he could.

Horatio had all he had ever wanted in the room with him, and he felt like the luckiest man on earth.

Back