What If ? (H/Y fic)

“So, wow!” Horatio raised his eyebrows at Yelina.

“What a way to find out. So that’s why I’ve been so tired lately.” Yelina said smiling. She noticed Horatio was still frowning. “The doctor said the baby’s fine. Don’t worry.”

Horatio took her hand and brought it to his mouth, giving her a kiss on the hand. “I’m just glad you’re ok… you both.”

The exam room door opened again. Another doctor entered. “Mr and Mrs Caine. I’m Dr Nielson, the OB consult. Let’s have a look at you shall we?”

He squirted the gel onto Yelina’s belly and pointed to the small round blimp on the TV screen. “You’re definitely pregnant. Doesn’t look like much now but that’s your baby.”

Horatio was filled with a sense of pride and awe. That was his child she was carrying. The love he felt for her grew even stronger.

“Everything looks ok now. But given the events you’ve been through, I’d order a week of rest at home for you. Make an appointment to see your regular OB in a week.” He wiped the cold gel of her belly. “The nurse will be in with your discharge papers.”

-------------------------------------

Horatio took Yelina home. He got her into bed and made sure she had something to eat and drink by the bed before heading back to the lab. He promised to be back with dinner.

When evening came round, Horatio hurried home. He entered their bedroom quietly. Yelina was asleep like he thought she would be. He threw his jacket on the bed and sat down gently beside her. Her eyes flickered open.

“Sorry to wake you.” Horatio smiled, brushing her hair from her face.

“That’s ok, I’ve been sleeping for way too long.”

“I brought you dinner.” Horatio said.

“Good, I was getting hungry.” Yelina said as she pushed herself up from bed. “What?” She asked, noticing Horatio was at her.

“Do you have any idea how much I love you?” He asked, smiling.

“I think I have some idea.” Yelina teased. She kissed him on the lips.

Yelina thought she noticed his eyes moisten with tears. "I just can't believe we're going to be parents." He said. "It's amazing."

"It is." Yelina smiled and nodded. "I think I know when we made this baby."

"The time in our basement. During the hurricane?" Horatio grinned.

"Yeah." She laughed. "Come on, I'm hungry." She got out of bed and headed downstairs.

Horatio followed. His cell rang.

"Speed." Horatio answered his phone.

"H. Found out who leaked the information." Speed paused. "You're not gonna like it."

Wow, this is awesome! We have some H/Y love at home, with him professing his passioante love for her, and now some lab action! How you can make a love story this exciting and action-esque, I don't know, but I'm loving it! :) Thanks Hrockz.

Hrockz said: "H. Found out who leaked the information." Speed paused. "You're not gonna like it."

Oh, tell me Ray hasn't done anything stupid. Good to see H taking care of Y, now she just needs to keep herself safe!

Thanks for the update, Hrockz! ;)

Ray huh. Sounds like a possibiility. Horatio sure wouldn't like that and besides Stetler I couldn't think of anyone else who might do it and well Horatio would love to have Stetler's badge so that kind of leaves his brother.

Ok maybe I'm being too predictable here? But read on and you'll find out...

Horatio spent the night tossing and turning in bed. He could hardly wait for morning to arrive. The information Speed had left him that evening kept repeating itself in his head. He seethed with anger. Part of him was tempted to go out and confront the person, but he was reluctant to leave Yelina. She was sound asleep, oblivious to his thoughts. He gently placed a hand on her still flat stomach, and the thought of their child inside managed to put a smile on his face, and he finally drifted off to sleep.

Morning arrived. Yelina went to great lengths to assure him that she was going to be ok alone at home. He promised to call and check on her. Horatio then pulled on his jacket, slipped on his sunglasses and headed for the crime lab. He parked his car and headed into MDPD. He took the elevator to the second floor, scanning the room for the person he was looking for. Finally his eyes spotted his dark-haired brother.

"Ray!" Horatio called, walking up to his brother's desk.

"Horatio. Heard about what happened yesterday. Glad you and Yelina are ok."

Horatio nodded. "I need to speak with you."

"Sure." Ray said.

"Outside."

Horatio led them both to the exterior of the building, away from prying eyes and ears.

"You're not going to kick my butt like you used to do when we were kids are you?" Ray asked, offering a half smile.

Horatio removed his sunglasses, playing with them between his fingers. He had to keep his hands occupied for he was unsure if he would throw a punch at his younger brother if things got heated.

"Someone tipped off the suspects yesterday. Told them we were coming. They were ready for us." Horatio said.

"What? You think I had something to do with it?" Ray asked.

"One of your informants. A guy called Jorge Perez."

"Yeah, he's one of my informants. You think he did it?" Ray said.

"I know he did. The guys we arrested gave him up." Horatio said.

"Ok. So what do you want me to do about it?" Ray asked. "I have no idea how he found out the information. Maybe from one of the other guys in Narc. Not me. I swear."

"I know it wasn't you Ray." Horatio paused. "We can't find your guy Jorge. I know you know how to find him."

"Hang on a sec." Ray shook his head. "You want me to give him up?"

"He almost got me and Yelina killed." Horatio said, gritting his teeth.

"I can't do that Horatio. Something big's going down soon, a big drug deal. I need Jorge to come through with the details. You bust him now, all my work, my department's work for the past couple of months will be for nothing."

"Ray, this man needs to be punished for what he did." Horatio took a step towards Ray.

"I can't tell you where he is." Ray maintained.

"Ray, what he did caused Yelina to get shot. What if Jorge leaks information again? Someone could get killed." Horatio seethed.

"Look. I'll talk to him. Rough him up make sure he doesn't dare do it again. But I can't let you bust his cover. After we catch the guys we're after. I'll let you have him." Ray offered.

"That could take months. You don't even know when this deal is going down." Horatio argued.

"I'll talk to him." Ray said. "He won't do it again."

"Ray - "

"I've got to go big brother. I have alot of work to do. As do you I'm sure. I promise. Jorge's yours once this deal is over." Ray turned and ducked back into the building.

Horatio let out a sigh. He slipped his sunglasses back on and clenched his fists in anger. He took a moment to compose himself then walked back into the building, heading for the lab.

He spotted Calleigh in the ballistics lab.

"Morning." Calleigh called out cheerfully to him.

Horatio nodded.

"Why so glum? Yelina's ok right?" Calleigh asked.

"Um. Yeah." Horatio said. "Thanks. We found out she's pregnant."

"I'm so happy for you guys." Calleigh smiled. "Why do I get the feeling you're not happy about it."

"No. I'm thrilled. It's just that... " Horatio paused. "You and Ray. You're still going out right?"

"Yeah." Calleigh said. "What is this all about?"

"Speed found out the guy who leaked the information about us going to arrest the suspects yesterday was Ray's informant. We can't find him, and Ray won't give him up."

"I heard about it from Speed. So you want me to go talk him round?" Calleigh asked.

"If this man leaks information again, none of us are safe. Ray too."

"I see your point Horatio. But Ray and I have this agreement about work. We don't interfere in each other's business when it come to work."

"Calleigh," Horatio couldn't believe he was hitting another brick wall.

"I'm sorry Horatio. You'll just have to trust that Ray has his informants under control. You know Narc guys depend on them to get their work done."

Horatio knew Calleigh had a point. His cellphone rang. It was Eric. A new crime scene. "I have to go. Keep me updated about your case."

"Sure thing." Calleigh chirped.

Horatio headed for the parking lot. For now, he could only hope that Ray would make good on his word.

Hmm I've got a bad feeling about Ray right now.... I think the two of the task foce should go and protect Yelina and the baby! :D The other two can go and stalk either Ray or H... whichever they prefer...even though I already know :p

Great update! I can hardly wait for more! :D

Man I have a bad feeling about Ray as well! I've had some long days at the house lately with not much time to get online through a whole lotta crap, so I'll go stalk Ray. I need some excitement. :lol:

Wonderful update! :D

Kit4na said:
I'll go & protect Yelina & the baby! Who's my backup?

Thanks for the update :D

I could...you probably don't want me to as I'm new :( but I'm up to it...the more people the better right? :D

Hrockz this fic rocks! :D
I've just read the whole thing and it's 5am here....I couldn't stop reading it... I just love it!

Can't wait for you next update! :)

Patricia said:
I could...you probably don't want me to as I'm new :(

As long as you don't shoot Horatio, Yelina, others from the taskforce or yourself it's all fine with me :D

Okay, guess I'm on H, then. Errrr, anyway. :devil:

Patricia, welcome to the task force. You'll need a code name and a week at boot camp. Where should we have boot camp nr. 2, guys?

Hrockz you're not the one who's predictable, that would be Ray... ;)

Lunalove said:
Okay, guess I'm on H, then. Errrr, anyway. :devil:

Please tell me you didn't say on Horatio, now did you? I'm trying to kickoff here :(

Nah I could never :lol:

Where was Bootcamp #1 again?

Patricia welcome to the crazy task force. Glad you enjoy this fic. You should go check out my other fics I wrote but I don't have the links to them. Maybe someone else here has them? Or you could search for them I posted them all on this fic forum.

Luna, your avatar is great, crazy Kermit! :lol:

Ok a quick update before my daughter comes home from her playtime at the neighbour's... Tati your banner is kinda distracting :lol:

It had been a couple of months since the shooting, and fortunately, nothing bad had happened like Horatio thought it would. But the incident seemed to have driven a wedge between the brothers and they had not spoken to each other except on matters regarding work since.

It was a hot Saturday afternoon. Yelina was now in the middle of her pregnancy. Both had decided they didn't want to know the gender of the baby, so that they would be surprised when it arrived. Yelina was just about to start preparations for dinner, when the doorbell rang.

"Ray, we weren't expecting you." Yelina said as she opened the door to grett their visitor.

"Yeah. Sorry to intrude." Ray said rather sheepishly. He gestured to Yelina's tummy. "So I heard I was going to be an uncle."

"Yeah, another four months or so and this baby'll make it's appearance." Yelina said.

"I'm just glad to see you're ok. After what happened with the shooting."

"Horatio told me. I don't blame you. You're just doing your job."

Ray nodded. "If you noticed, I haven't spoken to him since... is he home?"

"He's upstairs, painting the nursery." Yelina said. "He might need a hand."

"Thanks." Ray said.

Raymond had been to their house before, but it had been a long while since he was there. He noticed several additions to the place. Mostly in preparation for the baby. He went upstairs, knocking on the open door to what would be the nursery. Horatio was clad in a pair of khaki shorts and a white shirt which was spotted with paint. He knocked on the door. Horatio turned, brush still in his hand.

"Hey." Ray greeted his older brother.

"Hi." Horatio replied. His expression was unreadable.

"I won't be long, just wanted to tell you, we got the drug bust we wanted. Patrol's bringing in Jorge Perez, we've got enough on him to put him away for a long time. Thought you might want to know."

"Hmm.." Horatio replied. "Thanks."

"I'll go now." Ray said.

"Hey Raymond," Horatio called to him.

Ray turned. Horatio continued. "I wasn't ever mad at you. You know I'd never stay mad at you for so long. Yelina told me I should stop babying you, and trust you to do your job.... I was worried you or Yelina might get hurt."

"I know....Your wife's a wise woman." Ray smiled.

"Yeah. I figured." Horatio smiled. "I missed having you over."

"Yeah, I missed coming over."

"Well, I could use a hand painting the room." Horatio said. "I've got some old clothes you could use."

"Sure. Hand me a brush." Ray grinned.

Sorry this is kinda abrupt and short. In a rush. I'll update again. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Just wanted to show that Ray's not really a bad guy or a screw up all the time.

Hrockz said: Just wanted to show that Ray's not really a bad guy or a screw up all the time.

Nah, you're right. He has potential. Just as long as he doesn't hurt Calleigh. 'Cause then he'd better watch his back! :mad: ;)

Where was Bootcamp #1 again?

I think we finally settled on Miami, though I'm not quite sure. Next time we better not party as hard. :rolleyes:

Back