What If ? (H/Y fic)

Awwwwwwwwww *wipes tears from eyes*
That was just so sweet!! perfect!! absolutly perfect!! :D

LOVE THE UPDATE!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *drags in bucket to catch tears*

The sweetest, most perfectly ballanced update! (Sounds like a breakfast commercial: "a perfectly ballanced breakfast!" :lol: Anyway...) Wonderful job!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I went and wrote another H/Y fic different from this one. Based on spoiler info. It's a one-shot kinda thing. Go check it out.

Here's the link:
Broken Inside

Please stop crying you wussies... else i'll start too :(

Wonderful update. Yes let's get the party started :D

*opens bubbly*

*joins the party* but not until having said ooooh and awwww and woohoo and well done! ;) Well done, Y, well done H and well done Hrockz! :lol:

Ok enough of the sweet moments, we're going back to action again :p

Yelina had been back at work for a couple of months now. Her son now 5 months old, still demanded alot of time and attention from her and his father, and she was feeling decidedly tired that day at work after another night of interupted sleep. She walked down the hall of MDPD, file in hand. She peeked into her husband's office, glad to see him there. Horatio was hunched over a file, making notes on his notepad. He stopped to massage his tired eyes with his fingers. Yelina smiled and knocked on the door before entering. Horatio smiled at her.

"You forgot to sign off on the Harrison case yesterday." Yelina said, placing the file in her hand on his desk.

"Sorry." Horatio apologised. He scribbled his signature onto the empty space where is stated 'Lead CSI'.

"Thanks." Yelina said. She took the seat opposite her husband. "You ready for lunch?"

"Umm, I think I'm gonna have to pass on lunch today. I'm waiting on Alexx to page me for the post on this morning's vic, and," Horatio gestured to the pile of files on his table, "I have lots of paperwork to catch up on."

"Ok. I was hoping to run some errands at lunch anyway." Yelina said. She stood up and planted a quick kiss on Horatio's lips before opening the door.

"You know what?" Horatio called after her. "I'm having a headache. A drive would probably help clear it up. Come on, I'll drive you on those errands. What was it you wanted to do?"

"I need to drop off a cheque at the bank." Yelina said.

"Let's go then, I have to be back here when Alexx pages me."

Horatio had a funny feeling in his gut as they walked into the bank that day. On hindsight he should have listened to his gut feel. Shortly after they had stepped inside the bank doors, two men in ski masks burst in, spraying the ceiling with bullets. Everyone screamed and dropped to the floor. Horatio and Yelina instinctively reached for their guns, but one of the robbers were faster. He pointed his semi-automatic weapon at a young lady's head.

"Drop your weapons or the lady gets one in the head."

Horatio and Yelina slowly placed their guns on the floor.

"Your back-ups too." The masked man said.

The couple complied. The shorter of the two men, picked up the guns on the floor and instructed Horatio and Yelina to get down on the floor next to the other people. They lay on their front, with their hands on their heads.

One of the robbers, holding the bank manager at gunpoint, headed for the bank vault while the remaining robber stood over the hostages in the bank. In the distance, police sirens could be heard.

"I have to do something." Horatio whispered.

"Ok." Yelina replied softly. She wanted to back him up.

"I'm doing this alone."

"You can't."

Horatio frowned. He knew their training as law enforcement officers did not allow them to just walk away or let the robbers get away, but he knew that there was a good chance they might get hurt or killed in the attempt.

"I need you to just stay here." Horatio pleaded with his eyes to her. "Matt needs his mother."

Yelina closed her eyes. "He needs his father."

"Yelina, there isn't time." Horatio insisted.

She sighed. Horatio was right. She didn't want their young son to end up an orphan either.

Their conversation was interupted by the other robber emerging from the vault with the loot.

Outside a group of patrol officers had gathered. The officers outside instructed the robbers to give themselves up.

One of the masked robbers shouted back through a small opening in the bank doors. "Let us out of here. You guys have to clear the area in 5 minutes or I'll start killing hostages."

The robbers were getting increasingly agitated, and both Horatio and Yelina knew that meant they were getting more unpredictable and dangerous.

Five minutes passed and the patrol officers stood their ground. "You had your chance!" The robbers yelled back. He turned to look at the group of hostages on the floor.

"Grab the cops." His accomplice instructed.

The masked robber walked towards Horatio and Yelina. To prevent Yelina from being taken, Horatio stood up immediately. The robber hit Horatio in the stomach with the butt of his rifle. Horatio doubled-over but didn't make a sound. Yelina winced, knowing how much pain Horatio had to be in. Horatio eyes met hers and she knew he was pleading with her to stay down and do nothing.

The robber grabbed Horatio by the collar of this jacket and pushed him towards the bank's glass door. "I told you I'd start killing hostages if you guys didn't leave."

Yelina watched in horror as the robber pointed his gun at Horatio's head. Her heart screamed silently inside her. He pulled the trigger and Yelina watched Horatio fall to the ground. Her heart stopped for a second. It took her a moment to realise that the robber had shot Horatio in the leg, rather than in the head like he initially threatened.

Horatio's leg burned. He knew he was shot in the thigh, and the warm blood flowed freely out of the wound. He remained calm. He knew he couldn't not show pain or fear to the robbers.

"You have 5 more minutes, and the next time I'm aiming for his head."

The robber dragged Horatio back into the bank, a trail of Horatio's blood followed. He was left slumped in a corner of the bank. His leg was hurting badly but he wold not show any sign of weakness. His eyes met Yelina's again. She was at the other end of the bank. He tried to assure her with his eyes he was alright. But in actual fact he knew he was losing blood fast. Perhaps the bullet had hit an artery. He grit his teeth and pressed down with both hands on the bleeding wound, trying to stem the flow of blood.

Yelina watched the scene unfold. She knew she had to do something. She couldn't let Horatio bleed to death before her eyes.

:eek: Action! Task Force, let's move! I'm not good with leading, so someone else- Loony, Kitten, someone- assign us jobs. If Horatio needs any help stopping the bloodflow though, I'd be happy to. To be near that man. :p

Action! This is awesome, the best kind of fic-i-ness! You rock, Hrockz! :D

Oh no!!!

Kit4na you are using the basooka against the robbers right? :devil:

I volunteer to help with H's wound!!!

I think the bazooka is a bit dangerous in a hostage situation I'll just go for the good old sniper..

But If Stetler comes near the crimescene my finger will itch to use that bazooka..

We can go for a standoff or a frontal attack. In this situation I suggest a frontal attack. They're only with 2 and I bet so they're running low on ammo. If they reload there guns I'll give the go ahead, I'll take out the first one near the bench..

Loony & Caddy rush in the moment I sniper one. Whatever you do do NOT use smoke grenades, flash grenades! You're with 2 and he's alone and he just saw one of his friends' head blow up.

Patricia you're the new one in the taskforce so you stay outside the bank for now. Once hostages start running out I want you to guide them to a safe place. Once the area is secured you can help H.

Loony, there's an entrance through the roof. If you follow it, you will be in one of the side rooms of the bank, from there you'll have a view on the situation. When it's cleared, you help Yelina.

Caddy, you take the backdoor. Like Loony you'll be in one of the side rooms at first. You'll be the closest to Horatio, so take a medic kit with you. Bandages,...

Honey you stay at the backdoor, you never know if one of the hostages tries to escape. If everything is cleared out, you go inside, helping anybody who might have gotten hurt in the process. Also take a medic kit with you.

Can you tell that I like videogames? :D

GREAT update!! Oh and this could again become a situation of "omg i thought I lost you sex." NICE!

Did I say NICE? frickin' AWESOME! :devil:

Ok Tati, now I wanna know what computer games you play. Counterstrike? Medal of Honour? You sound like some SWAT team captain. Might I say I like your new ava too Tati.
Glad you guys liked the update. :)

Yelina's eyes scanned the area. She needed to retaliate, do something. She knew MDPD never gave in to the demands of hostage-takers and she couldn't wait for a rescue. Her gaze darted back to Horatio who had both hands gripped on his thigh. She could still see the blood oozing from his hands which was already stained red with his own blood. His face looked pale, but he kept an unreadable front. His eyes still radiated calm, telling her things were going to be alright. Her eyes studied the rest of the hostages. One of the security guards was arm's length from her. She waited for the robber guarding them to turn then motioned to the gun holstered to the security guard's side.

With a trembling hand the security guard slowly handed Yelina the small pistol. Nothing compared to the robber's semi-automatics, but she had to try. Horatio's eyes grew wide when he saw what she was doing. He tried to shake his head ever so slightly. The look in Yelina's eyes told him she was going to try something whether he liked it or not. He shifted his weight slightly, ready to spring into action.

Yelina sprung up, taking aim at the robber guarding the hostages, with two quick shots she brought the robber to the ground. She dived for the body, trying to reach for the dead robber's semi-automatic rifle. The other robber who was guarding the entrance had now realised what was going on and was taking aim at Yelina. Before he could pull the trigger, Horatio had tackled him to the ground. Both fell with the sound of gunfire spraying the ceiling. At the same instant several patrol officers stormed in through the front door.

Horatio and the armed robber struggled for the gun, but he was weak with the loss of blood, the robber punched Horatio in the cheek, causing him to lose his grip on the gun. Fortuantely for Horatio, two patrol officers jumped on them, pulling Horatio off and subduing the swearing robber.

"You ok Lieutenant?" one of the patrol officers asked.

Horatio who was now slumped against the wall and out of breath nodded his head. "You'd better call rescue." He said between breaths.

"Already did." The officer replied.

Yelina had rushed to her wounded husband's side. She studied his face, then the wound on Horatio's leg. She frowned. It was bleeding profusely now, thanks to his scuffle with the robber. She reached for his belt, unbuckling it and slipping it from his waist.

"I didn't think you'd be in the mood for sex right now." Horatio said with a half smile.

At least he could still joke, she thought. She couldn't let him slip into unconsciousness. "Is that the only thing on your mind?"

"Well, I have a very sexy wife." He gritted his teeth as Yelina used his belt to tie a turniquet round his leg to try to slow the bleeding.

"Thanks for the compliment." Yelina smiled, satisfied the bleeding seemed to slow somewhat. She placed her hands on top of Horatio's helping to apply more pressure to the wound. She had to keep him talking till rescue arrived. She knew that he realised that as well.

"You disobeyed orders from a superior officer." Horatio said.

"Well, I was trying to save his life." Yelina bated her eyelids at him. "When you're better you can give me the spanking I deserve."

"That," Horatio grinned and paused, "is motivation to get better fast."

Yelina rolled her eyes. Then she noticed Horatio's eyes close.

"Hey, no falling asleep on me." Yelina shook him gently.

"I know." Horatio said. He forced his eyes open. "Sorry. Getting harder to stay awake."

What was taking rescue so long, Yelina wondered. In actual fact, only minutes had passed, but it felt like hours.

"Just stay with me a little longer. Think of Matt. He's waiting for Daddy to come home." Yelina urged.

Horatio smiled at the thought of his son. The baby had become the love of his life. "Bullet's not going to take me away from him."

Yelina smiled. "Good to know."

Thankfully the paramedics arrived soon. And they brought Horatio to the hospital. He was taken to surgery, while Yelina waited anxiously outside the O.R. She called her mother to tell her what happened and arranged for her to pick Matt from daycare and for him to stay with his grandmother for the night. Ray joined her in the waiting room as soon as he heard the news.

The surgery was over and Yelina was allowed to see Horatio. The room was silent. Tubes ran into Horatio's arm, giving him medication and fluids. His right thigh was heavily swathed in bandages.

She approached the bed and smoothed his red hair. Horatio's eyes fluttered open. They held each other's gaze, no words were needed. They had went through a life altering experience and both were glad they had survived the ordeal.
Yelina's eyes watered and she kissed him gently on the forehead. A tear fell on his face. He reached up to wipe the tears away from her cheeks with his thumb.

"I'm ok now." Horatio said in a hoarse voice.

Yelina nodded, sniffing a little.

"Matthew?" Horatio asked.

"He's with my mom." Yelina replied. "The doctor said you were lucky. If the bullet entered any higher, Matt might have been destined to be an only child. That, and you'd have died almost instantly."

Horatio smiled. "Wasn't going to happen. You're not geting rid of me that easily."

"Ray's outside. He wants to see you."

Horatio nodded. "I'll get him to give you ride home later."

Yelna started to protest but Horatio shook his head. "No disobeying orders this time. I'm fine. you had a long day, you need your rest."

She sighed, then nodded, leaving the room to get her brother-in-law.

With every new update, you make me fall in love more with this fic!!
It just gets better & better!!
Looooooved it!

:D

Kit4na you sure now what you're talking about!

Hehe loved the whole teasing each other It's cute :p

Yelina kicking butt! Girl powah!

Well I played Return to castle Wolfenstein for a couple of years, than Enemy Territory. Also played Counterstrike Source but not for long :p

Waw, I just finished 8 pages of H/Y-love. High risk of overdose here :p
Hrockz, you have a new fan!

_Hush_ said:
High risk of overdose here :p

Don't worry about it, everybody in this thread has got it. And I think we're still fairly normal :lol:

Great to see another H/Y fan out there. And a Belgian one! Like me! Where you from the flemish or french part?

<- Flemish

Back