What If ? (H/Y fic)

Who knew a storm could be good to get some uh? Too bad we never have storms like that in Belgium *sobs*

GREAT update!

Hm, well what better way to wait out a storm? :lol: Too bad there aren't more hurricanes, and longer ones too! :lol: Wonderful update!

Well it wasn't too long ago we had a storm here and it was advised not to leave your home. No hurricane, but still, apperantly kind of bad, although a really bad storm hasn't happened in years, not since I was six and that was 17 years ago.

But indeed a great way to wait out a hurricane.

Sorry for the long wait guys.

The setting sun cast shadows of the CSI Hummer and Yelina’s department issue car on the wall of the run down apartment building. Horatio and Yelina approached the entrance to the building. The suspect’s apartment was on the third floor. They approached with caution, knowing that they were about to question a known felon. Horatio removed his trademark sunglasses and slipped them into his jacket pocket. He unholstered his gun and held it in his hands. From the corner of his eye, he saw his wife do the same. He had his concerns about having his wife on the same team as him, especially on their current case, but she was the homicide detective assigned to CSI this month and he had no choice. She could be strong-willed when it came to matters like this. She was a brilliant detective and maintained a blemish-free record on the force, but she was still his wife nonetheless and he found himself still worrying for her safety. At least he could watch out for her while she was working with him. Yelina had made it clear to Horatio that at work, they were to maintain their professionalism and she didn’t want any favors from anyone just because she was Lt Caine’s wife.

Their suspect was a known gang member, he dealt in drugs, and his DNA had been found at the scene of the morning’s murder. Horatio nodded to the door of the building as they approached. They were concerned their suspect would try to make a getaway, and had no time to wait for back-up. As Horatio reached for the door, the sound of gunfire and whizzing bullets rang out. It was clear the bullets were coming from the building.

“Get down!” Horatio yelled. He provided cover fire as Yelina dashed to the Hummer. She in turn fired back, allowing Horatio to run and duck next to her, behind the large vehicle.

“Can you see who’s shooting at us?” Yelina aked in between ducking from the bullets and returning fire.

“No. But I think there’s more than one shooter.” Horatio replied. “And it sound like a semi-automatic they’re shooting at us with.”

“Patrol should be here soon.” Yelina said. “We just need to hold out for a short while more.”

“I’m running low on ammo,” Horatio said. He let his spent magazine drop onto the ground from his 9mm police issue gun and reached into his jacket pocket for a new magazine. It was his last.

“Better make those bullets count then Lieutenant,” Yelina said with gritted teeth.

It seemed a futile battle, the gang members clearly had the advantage of height and numbers, and every time they popped up from behind the Hummer to return fire they ran the risk of getting shot. A bullet smashed the glass of the Hummer, raining shards of glass on them.

“You ok?” Horatio asked.

“Yeah,” she dusted the broken bits of glass from her hair and clothes. She took the opportunity to reload her gun. “I’m running out of bullets too. Where’s back-up when you need them?”

“We’ll be ok sweetheart,” Horatio said as he fired into the window of the building where he guessed a shooter was. He thought he saw a shadow of one of the shooters fall. “Although I’d rather be back home in the tub with you,” he said, trying to lighten the situation.

“Me too.” Yelina said. It was her turn to return fire. She poked her head up above the bonnet of the Hummer and fired as bullets whizzed past. She thought she heard the distant wail of sirens. Suddenly, she felt a burning sensation in her upper arm, as the force of a bullet hit her. She fell back on to the ground.

Horatio was next to her in an instant. He gently pulled her to a sitting position and sat her against the Hummer.

“I’ve got you,” Horatio said, his blue eyes tinged with worry and fear as he hurried glanced up and down her body, trying to figure out where she had been hit. The sound of wailing sirens could clearly be heard now. Back-up were minutes away.

"Honey this is Kitten, proceed to target zone. From what I can tell there are 3 armed men inside the building. I'll cover with sniper."

Poor Yelina, lucky for her it's "just" a shot in her arm, nothing life threatening.. :)

Ah, I'm so proud of my little task force buddies! Always to the rescue. ;)

Hrockz said:
Sorry for the long wait guys.

No worries about that, Hrockz you just take care of yourself and your little 'accident'. :) Thanks for the update, great with a little suspense... A wonderful setup for 'oh-my-God-I-thought-I-lost-you-sex'. :devil:
Seriously: the way my mind works at times, tsk tsk. :lol:

Oh my gosh! Task force, let's move! *gears up, guns Hummer*

Well this is awesome! At least we know (I hope) she'll be okay and it gives H a chance to really be emotional and show how much he cares about her. This is what they should do in the show. Good thing we have fics to keep us happy while Miami isn't on (or, rather, is really sucky :lol:)
A wonderful setup for 'oh-my-God-I-thought-I-lost-you-sex'.

Ooooh I didn't even think of that! *snaps fingers* Of course! :devil: :lol:

Don't worry about the wait, just hope everything's well with you Hrockz and thanks for updating!

A wonderful setup for 'oh-my-God-I-thought-I-lost-you-sex'.
You're funny Lunalove.

Everything's well with me and I've just been so busy with work. Thanks for the wonderful feedback. Back to our story:

Yelina’s eyes were shut and she grimaced in pain. “My arm,” she managed.

Her right hand gripped her left upper arm tightly. Her jacket sleeve was now blood-soaked and Horatio saw that it was her arm that had been hit. He breathed a sigh of relief, it wasn’t life threatening but she needed medical attention. With one hand he gripped her blood-stained hand, helping apply pressure to try stop the bleeding. With his other hand he called for rescue.

“You’re going to be ok.” Horatio said more to assure himself than Yelina.

“I know.” She said.

“You hurt anywhere else?” Horatio asked.

Yelina shook her head. Patrol pulled up, SWAT in tow. They stormed the building and arrested the suspects. The paramedics pulled up not long after.

Horatio motioned to them to attend to Yelina. He helped her onto the gurney, and they wheeled her to the waiting ambulance.

Horatio leaned over her, kissing her on the forehead. “I’ll see you at the hospital. I need to speak to Speed.”

“I’ll be fine,” Yelina said.

He watched as the paramedics loaded the gurney into the ambulance and he helped shut the ambulance doors. He banged on the closed doors to signal to the driver they could drive off.

He turned to Speed who was waiting. “They knew we were coming.” Horatio said gravely.

“You guys were ambushed.” Speed said, “Quite a welcoming party they had ready for you…. Your ride’s busted.”

Horatio regarded the state of the Hummer. He would need a new one. “I want to know who and how.” Horatio said.

“No problem.” Speed replied.

“I have to go.” Horatio said, “Keep me updated on what you find.”

“Ok.”

Horatio got one of the patrol officers to drop him off at the hospital. He hurried to the reception desk. “I’m looking for my wife, a Det Salas, GSW to the arm?”

One of the nurses overheard him and approached. “Lt Caine?”

“Yeah.” Horatio turned to face the ER nurse.

“Your wife’s in exam room 3, the doctor’s done stitching her up. Bullet grazed the arm. She’s going to be fine.”

The nurse led Horatio to the room. Horatio let out a sigh. That had been too close and he could have lost her. A part of him started his habit of self-blame when something went wrong, and he felt like he had failed in his duty to protect her. Thoughts of losing her ran through his mind and he couldn’t bear the thought. The nurse pushed open the door and let Horatio in.

“Dr Grayson will be in shortly.” The nurse informed them.

Yelina lay propped up on a bed. She was in a hospital gown and her left arm was bandaged. She opened her eyes when she heard Horatio approach.

He smiled down at her. “Hey. How’re you feeling?”

“A little sore,” Yelina said.

“I’m sorry, I should have –“

“Not your fault.” Yelina said firmly.

“I could have –“

“Not your fault, Horatio.” She repeated herself. “These things happen.”

In his mind, Horatio wanted to answer that it should not happen to her, but instead he nodded. “I err – “ his voice croaked and he frowned, trying to control his emotions. “I err, don’t want to lose you.”

Yelina took his hand. “You’re not.”

Horatio leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. “Love you.”

She smiled at him. “I love you too.”

The door opened and the doctor came in. “Come back in a week to have those stitches removed. Good news is the baby’s fine but we got you an Ob consult to come down to take a look at you just in case. He’ll be here shortly.”

“The baby?” Yelina asked confused.

“I thought you might not have known yet. But we did some routine blood work earlier and it shows you’re pregnant.”

Horatio blinked. He didn’t expect the news and he thought his wife didn’t either. They both wore unified expressions of surprise.

The doctor laughed. “Don’t worry. Everything’s fine. Congratulations.” He left the room leaving Horatio and Yelina to digest the new information.

She is going to be fine, she is going to be fine! And she is pregnant! H is going to become a daddy! *la la la la*

<- on cloud 9

*floats up to cloud nine to join the group*

Me too! It was just a feeling, like Luna's. It was kind of like out H/Y senses were tingling. All this time as part of the Special Tast Force has increases our senses! :lol: I'm so happy for them, and for you Hrockz. Thanks for the update.

Back