What If ? (H/Y fic)

Wow 2 updates since last I checked! :eek: Wonderful!

Awww Y, you can punch me any day (now that I'm all buff and stuff after the bootcamp). ;) I'm sure they'll come around before the wedding, right Hrockz?!

Thanks! :cool:

Aww, they're so perfect together! But she should take it slower, wait until her family sees how wonderful Horato is. And I really want to see what H does to get their approval.

Morning came and Yelina arrived with Horatio at the crime scene. Calleigh was already there processing the body with Alexx.

“How’d it go with your mother?” She asked as Yelina walked up to her.

“Bad.” Yelina replied.

Horatio came up behind them, removing and slipping his sunglasses into his jacket.

“What happened to your face?” Calleigh asked.

“Yelina’s brother.” He replied deadpan. He pulled on a pair of latex gloves.

“That bad huh?” Calleigh said as she rose to her feet.

“How’d it go with Ray?” Horatio asked.

“We had fun.”

“Fun?” Horatio raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah we’re going out for drinks after work later.”

“My brother isn’t exactly a saint when it comes to women.” Horatio said slowly.

“Thanks Horatio. I can take care of myself. He’s really sweet.”

Horatio smiled. “He can be.”

He started taking pictures of the crime scene. Yelina had wondered to the backyard, wanting to see if the neighbours had seen or heard anything. She returned shortly after.

“Horatio, I found a blood trail, looks fresh.”

He nodded, placing the camera on the floor. He stood up, unholstered his department issue gun and followed Yelina outside. She had her gun drawn and ready as well. He moved in front of her, using his body to shield her from any potential threat. They followed the blood trail that led to some bushes by the fence.

The bushes rustled and a middle-aged man wielding a knife jumped out, charging. Horatio sidestepped their assailant, tripping him to the ground. Horatio moved instantly. Pinning the suspect down with his knee, he pointed his gun at the man’s head. Yelina was quickly by his side, disarming the man and handcuffing his hands behind his back. Calleigh heard the commotion and arrived with a patrol officer.

“Looks like we found our murderer… and the murder weapon.” Horatio picked up the knife with his gloved hand.

“Nice work guys,” Calleigh said. The patrol officer took their suspect to the waiting squad car.

“I’m going back to the lab with this.” Calleigh said as she took the knife from Horatio.

“I’m headed back to PD too. Get the suspect to lockup. You coming?” She asked Horatio.

“Um, I have to run an errand first.” He replied. “I’ll see you ladies later ok?”

He watched as Yelina and Calleigh left. He got into his Hummer and took the road to Yelina’s mother’s house.

I'm getting busy at work, so I'm not gonna be able to post updates so often but will try not to keep you guys waiting too long.

I love it when I check this forum when this fic has just been updated! Good update :D I'm curious how H is going to get their blessing!

My exams are over since today so i've got 2 months vacation now *squee* (well I'll probably have to do some vacation work) I hope they let me go to my last year since I think I really messed up my economics... :p I'll know friday :D

Ooooh I wonder what he'll do to convince Y's family. I love that he ''moved in front of her, using his body to shield her from any potential threat''. Awww, I want an H! :D

Tati I hope you'll do alright on your economics. Keeping my fingers crossed for you until friday (hmmmm that's gonna make a lot of things tricky to do, but hey I love a challenge!). :lol:

Awesome, he's going to talk to Yelina's mom! Maybe he can work some magic and fix up this big mess he made. I love when this fic is updated as well, it's a very feel good fic :lol: Thank you Hrockz and don't worry about us (I'm one of those people who updates every few days as opposed to every day)

Congratulations Tati, summer is here I guess. I still have a week; I graduate a week from tomorrow and am very excited. This summer is going to be awesome, guys. Enjoy yours. :D

With Horatio he'll be able to win over Yelina's mom! :D

I just graduated on friday, so I have two month's off as well! Which I'll probably spend working... but anyways, great update! :lol:

Congrats on the exams being over and the graduation. :)

The Hummer pulled up to Yelina’s mother’s house. Horatio was just here the day before. He took a deep breath and wiped his palms on his pants. He had thought of what to say on the way over. He knew in order to make his girlfriend truly happy, he had to win her mother’s approval. He exited the Hummer. He took the path to the house. Taking another deep breath, he rang the doorbell. He removed his sunglasses, playing with them between his fingers.

The door opened and Rosalina Salas gave him a skeptical look.

“Ma’am,” He greeted her.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“I was hoping I could talk to you, about Yelina and me.” Horatio said slowly.

Rosalina looked at Horatio for a moment, as if trying to decide if she should let him talk to her. She finally nodded her head. “Talk.”

“I know you have your concerns about me. What I did to Yelina the last time was unforgivable. But she decided to forgive me anyway.” He paused, trying to figure the words to say, then continued, “I er, I had to go undercover that time. They wanted me to fake my death, but I didn’t want Yelina to grieve over me, as if I died, so I came up with a stupid plan to make it seem as if she cheated on me with my brother.”

“That I know.” Rosalina said. “But I didn’t know you arranged it to seem as if it was her fault.”

Horatio realized he had dug a hole for himself and had fallen in it. He had no idea that Yelina hadn’t told her mother that it was him who set her up.

Horatio cleared his throat. “I umm, it was wrong of me to do so. I should not have made her feel like it was her fault. Going undercover is not an excuse.”

He felt as if he was rambling on, something he was unaccustomed to doing. “What I’m trying to say is, Yelina loves you a lot, and it would mean a lot to her if we could have your blessings. She has decided we’d get married in May, with or without your approval…. I love Yelina with my whole heart, and I would never do anything to hurt her again. I want her to be happy, and I know you do too.” Horatio tried to convey his sincerity in his tone and eyes. “If you could please think about what I just said, it would be much appreciated.”

Rosalina nodded her head. “I’ll think about it.”

“Thank you.” Horatio gave a slight nod, then headed back to his Hummer.

--------------------------

The next day, Horatio turned up at Yelina's mother's again. He was on his way back to the lab but he decided that persistence was the way to go. He rang the doorbell again.

Yelina's mother answered. "You again."

"Ma'am." He gave a sheepish smile. "I hope you thought about what I said yesterday."

"I thought a little... I'm still thinking."

"I err, I'm not sure what else there is I can do to change your mind, but I'll keep trying." Horatio said.

"You are a persistent man." Rosalina Salas said.

Horatio smiled and nodded. "I just want Yelina to be happy."

"I don't have time today, I need to go to the store." She said.

"How about I give you a lift?" Horatio said.

Rosalina regarded his offer for a moment. Then replied. "Ok."

He drove to the neighbourhood store, a couple of blocks away. Horatio spoke as he drove. "I love Yelina very much. When we were apart for almost two years, I thought about her everyday. And I'm very sorry for what I did. I'm very lucky to have her again, and I will never do anything to jeapordise that."

Rosalina remained silent, as if processing his words. They arrived at their intended destination.

"I wish I could wait, but I have to get back to work." Horatio said rather apologetically.

"It's ok." Rosalina got out of the Hummer. She turned to look at Horatio before she shut the door. "I have my doubts about you, but I think you'll prove me wrong."

Horatio smiled to himself as he drove off back to the crime lab.

Oh, he'll prove her wrong alright! ;)
Thanks for the update, can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Congrats to 'Honey' and the rest of the gang when they get as far! ;)

Isn't H like hugable all the time? ;)

The days flew by and Horatio and Yelina busied themselves with wedding preparations. It was a week before the wedding. Yelina’s sister Alicia had flown in with her family and fortunately for her, her sister was supportive of them and proved a great help.

It was late in the night and Horatio and Yelina were sitting on their couch, going over the list of guests who were going to attend. They had decided on a simple church wedding, and had invited mostly friends and colleagues from MDPD.

“We’ve been so busy getting ready for the wedding, I’m beginning to feel neglected.” Horatio pretended to pout. He ran a hand slowly up her thigh.

“Hmm, sorry baby, we’re working on a tight schedule here.”

“No time even for a little fun?” Horatio asked. He gently tucked her brown locks behind her ear and started kissing her neck, his hand continuing to move up her inner thigh.

Yelina smiled. She was enjoying his touch. “You’re really hard to say no to.” She placed the list on the coffee table and leaned into him, their lips meeting. Sparks flew and passion ignited, their hands caressed. Horatio pulled of his shirt then hers, he pushed her slowly onto the couch. Just as he was about to pull of her pants the doorbell rang.

Breathing heavily they untangled themselves from each other. “Who could that be?” Yelina asked. She put on her shirt and Horatio did likewise.

She stood up and answered the door. “Mama?” She was surprised at her mother’s visit. They hadn’t spoken since the day she had told her mother she was marrying Horatio.

“I hope I’m not interrupting.” Rosalina Salas said to her daughter in Spanish.

“No… we were just looking at our guest list.” Yelina replied. “Come in.” She opened the door wider, allowing her mother to enter.

Horatio stood up from the couch. “Ma’am.” He nodded his greeting.

Yelina ushered her mother to the couch. “What are you doing here?” She asked her mother.

“I came to see how the wedding preparations were coming along.” She replied.

Yelina was surprised. “I thought you were against this?”

Rosalina smiled. “You’re my daughter and I only want what’s best for you. And I also want you to be happy. Your boyfriend convinced me.”

Yelina looked at Horatio, who bowed his head and smiled.

Her mother continued in English this time. “He keeps coming to the house almost everyday to talk to me. Try change my mind. He even helped me run some errands, give me rides to the store. He’s got a good heart. I can tell... I’m happy you are marrying him.”

Yelina gave Horatio a questioning look to which he simply smiled. “Thanks,” she said to her mother.

“Carlos wants to walk you down the aisle, give you away for the wedding.” Rosalina added.

Yelina had a skeptical look on her face. “As long as he doesn’t punch the groom.”

Her mother laughed. “He promised he wouldn’t.”

Yelina nodded and embraced her mother with a hug.

“I better go, let you two get back to what you were doing.” Rosalina turned to leave.

“Um, it’s late, I’d better give you a ride home.” Horatio offered.

“I got Carlos to drive me, he’ll give me a ride home.”

Yelina led her mother out of the apartment. “Thank you Mama.” They embraced again.

Yelina shut the door behind her. “So you’ve been trying to change my mom’s mind all along?”

Horatio nodded. “I know you’d only be happy if we had her blessings.”

“Thank you.” Yelina wrapped her arms round his neck and gave him a kiss.

“You’re welcome.” Horatio said, burying his nose in her hair. “What say we do what your mom said and get back to what we were doing?” He slipped his hand under her shirt, caressing her back.

“Good idea.” Yelina laughed.

He took her hand and led her to the bedroom where they continued what they had started earlier on the couch.

Hrockz said:
Isn't H like hugable all the time? ;)

You're right. I should've said even MORE hugable ;)

OOh one more week and they're getting hitched *whiehoe* I expect a great update on the honeymoon aswell ;)

:devil:

Back