What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading a book I found at my aunt's cottage. It's Mutiny on the Bounty. I opened the cover and my grandfather's signature was in it, as well as the year 1933. He did that with all of his books. I like to think that no one else has read it in the 72 years that has passed.

So pathetic. :rolleyes:

I finished Black Friday by James Patterson yesterday morning. It's about a secret militia group that's working with a mastermind to destroy the finicial market, beginning with the U.S. As I was reading it, I was a bit surprised when one of the main characters was from the same hometown as mine. My hometown is a small city and isn't well known, so I'm curious as to why he decided to use it.

This afternoon I got a new set of books from the library and am currently reading 'E' is for Evidence by Sue Grafton.

I decided on Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden to read for my AP history class.

I read that a while ago. It's good. An easy read.

I'm reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac and a book called Hawaii: the Islands of Life by Gavan Daws, which was a gift from an internship I did.

I just finished reading Trace by Patricia Cornwell. I recommend the whole Kay Scarpetta series. I have the whole collection and I'm waiting for Predator to come out in September.

:lol: @ claireann. I have a habit of buying books a lot too! I to have a big pile that needs to be read. And I also made the mistake of joining the Doubleday Book Club so now I'll be buying more to add to that pile! I'm hoping to pick up CSI Binding Ties here when I get some of these read!

Those book clubs have a habit of sucking me in, lol...I'm in Doubleday and the Mystery Guild right now, lol....it's those introductory offers, they get me everytime...

anyway, onto what I'm reading now...CSI: Miami-Heatwave. It just came in the mail today. :D I'm about to start chapter 3.

I just finished reading Trace by Patricia Cornwell. I recommend the whole Kay Scarpetta series. I have the whole collection and I'm waiting for Predator to come out in September.
Woah! I didn't know another was coming out!

Look! It's the cover!

Barnes and Noble said it's slated to come out on October 25th! I'd read it, but I've only just finished the 8th book (Unnatural Exposure; Point of Origin is next!)

Woah! I didn't know another was coming out!

Look! It's the cover!

Barnes and Noble said it's slated to come out on October 25th! I'd read it, but I've only just finished the 8th book (Unnatural Exposure; Point of Origin is next!)

The cover is kinda creepy. But I thought that it was coming out in September? Oh well I guess I can wait an extra month. I love all the Scarpetta books but I have to say that Trace is now my favorite. And thanks for the info on the cover and the date.

I'm reading 'Shake Hands With The Devil' by Romeo Dallaire a former Canadian Peace Keeper. It's about his experience dealing with many avenues of the international community's lack of interest of the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.

Very light reading.

My dad was PK I'm reading Pepperland,Stones in the water, and Hopes war.All different books.

Let's see, I read a heck of a lot, so I'll only do a couple:

I'm currently reading Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs, and I just finished Crown of Slaves by David Weber & Eric Flint.

The Nine Tailors, by Dorothy L. Sayers

You almost never see anyone reading Sayers anymore. I love Lord Peter, myself. I think Gaudy Night and Busman's Honeymoon are two of the best.

im currently reading faithless by Karin Slaughter, just finished John Connolly's black angel, and the next on the agenda will be Kathy Reich,s cross bones

im currently reading faithless by Karin Slaughter, just finished John Connolly's black angel, and the next on the agenda will be Kathy Reich,s cross bones

So far, Cross Bones a good book. I think you'll enjoy it, mitzi962000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back