What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the minute im reading The Abortionist's Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde for pleasure it was a birthday present from a guy at work and from what I have read its very good.

For work i'm looking at Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine for my med students.

Woah, my new fav misc thread, I can't believe I didn't see this before..

I'm currently reading "The Constant Gardener" by John Le Carre (and NO, I HAVE NOT SEEN THE FRIGGING MOVIE)... everyone asks me that. Anyway. One of the best books I've ever read. It's amazing. It's opening my eyes up so far.. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the slightest in the plight of African culture.

I was going to head to Ethiopia tomorrow to do some relief work, but I caught a painful viral infection and am barred from entering the country for now.. I'm reading this book to ease the HUGE disappointment :)

^Thanks a lot. Yeah, it sucks bigtime. I'm feeling better now too, but the virus hasn't left my system yet, so they won't give me a pass. sigh. I understand completely, there's already so much disease and suffering there and I wouldn't want to add to it. Plus, I have years of life yet in which to make some sort of difference. At least that's what I'm telling myself to try and keep optimistic :)

Don't worry about it you will get to go sometime again. It's such a worthwhile experience I went to Afghanistan a couple of years ago and I hope to be heading out later on this year to Angola.

I read The Constant Gardener a while ago. And I havent' seen the movie either.
It is a great book
and I hope you get to Africa soon. :D

I've seen the movie... My mother loved it! She said it was fantastic... I thought it was ok... :lol:

I just finished Dracula by Bram Stoker, now I'm reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (< I hope that's how you spell it :D)

I want to read Interview with the Vampire... Would anyone recomend it?

OH MY GOD! The Fire Within by Chris D'Lacy? The one about the pottery Dragons? I LOVE that book! It's one of my favourites, its so sweet! I love David...

End rant on The Fire Within. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back