What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm haven't read 'the stand' yet.. I only read one book by King a year.. otherwise I'm getting myself spoiled :) 'Desperation' is prety long too.. like 800 pages I believe).. it's a nice read though :D

Juggling several books:

1. Re-reading Matthew Reilly's, "Temple."

2. Re-reading Peter Høeg's, "Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow".

3. Emma Thompson's, "Sense and Sensibility, The Screenplay and Diaries"

My Man Jeeves short stories by PG Wodehouse and Lady Chatterley’s Lover by DH Lawrence for discussions on another board and Monsieur Pamplemousse Aloft by Michael Bond to fall asleep at night.

TallyHo said:
i only saw the movie and i liked the movie.

i'm reading 'madame bovary' at the moment.

inge said:
TallyHo said:
i only saw the movie and i liked the movie.

There was a movie? When was it and who were the main actors?

Smilla is such a wonderfuly complex and unexpected character. Geez, who knew that there was so much to know about snow and ice. :) Plus the history of the historical relationship between the Danes and the Greenlanders was an eye opener for sure.

I'm reading Cruel and Unusual by Patricia Cornwell. I just bought Deception Point from Dan Brown yesterday yay!

TallyHo said:
There was a movie? When was it and who were the main actors?
i hope we mean the same. the movie is with julia ormond as smilla. the movie is a thriller and it started that a boy is found dead after falling from a roof. the title catched my interest so i watched the movie. i like smilla because she is a strong women. i didn't know that the movie is based on a book. shame on me.
IMDB
-----------
zippy
what? new dan brown book? :D
i'm sure i have to wait before i could read it because i have to life in boring austria. :(
--------------
Tinkerbell
digital fortress is a great book. have fun! :)

Hormiga said:
pilgrim said:
My Man Jeeves short stories by PG Wodehouse

I watched the series with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. :lol:
I've only seen a few of them but just love Steven Fry. He was great hosting the BAFTA Awards. Wodehouse is a clever writer, IMO.

Nope inge Deception Point is not his new book. He wrote it b4 Da Vinci Code. I think b4 Angels & Demons even. And it's not about Robert Langdon but I read a few pages and it seems to be good. I'm becoming a fan of Dan Brown's books. Already read DVC and A&D. Both are really good!!!

oops, you're right. i already read the book. the german versions have other titels than the original books.
i love dan brown. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back