What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayneEmilysRealm said:
Ann! I loved reading Misery! It's not only spooky sometimes, it's gross as well :lol:

:lol: Yes it is verr gross :p Poor guy having to drink his own... well... ya know :lol:

Springmoon, I'm also reading Carrie as well. That was my first Stephen King book. I was tired of being an SK-novel virgin :lol:

And hhunter, Killing Game was a good CSI: novel :) Hope you enjoy!

Fingerprints said:
I hope you enjoy Pride and Prejudice...it is one of my all time favourites........They just don't make books like that anymore. I've read all Jane Austen's books and they truly are classics. Anyways enjoy :)

Thank you :).
So far, I really love the way it's written, that old english.

The Summons by John Grisham. Good book, but not as hot as the critics say it is. The ending was fairly predictable, but I must confess it's hard to put the book down. You just have to know what happens next.

Roka4csi said:
The Summons by John Grisham. Good book, but not as hot as the critics say it is. The ending was fairly predictable, but I must confess it's hard to put the book down. You just have to know what happens next.

I just read The King of Torts by John Grisham and I noticed the same thing. It really wasn't that good, but I wanted to know what happens so I kept reading it.

geekloverulesGSR said:
I'm reading Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs. I lurve her.

I agree she's a wonderful writer. I've only finished her first three novels. I'm trying to read them all in order, because when I first tried Patricia Cornwell I read Black Notice first which kind of the Benton plot.

The book I'm reading right now is going to surprise you. I got it Tursday afternoon and I have to be done with it by Thursday. I'm reading The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Driver's Manual. I'm hoping ot get my permit on Thursday. Trust me you'll all know about what happened Thursday night.

needmorecsi said:
Roka4csi said:

I just read The King of Torts by John Grisham and I noticed the same thing. It really wasn't that good, but I wanted to know what happens so I kept reading it.

*raises hand* That's what I did too - I kept reading it because I wanted to find out what happened, though I was unimpressed with how it ended :(

See, John Grisham's books get these amazing reviews from critics, it tends to go a bit too far when you realize its not as hot as it is played to be. Maybe its all because of the name. He's a highly revered writer afterall, therefore anything he writes is automatically "a masterpiece". Not very impressive, but atleast he keeps you comin back for more.

I'm currently reading a biography about Robbie Williams. This guy followed him for two years and wrote about the time he spend with him. It's so funny to read, that Robbie is one crazy dude. Funny but crazy :)

I'm currently reading Julian Clary's biography called A Young Man's Passage. It's pretty funny so far :lol:

I just finished "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I found it to be a fantastic book... until the end. I won't spoil it for anyone, but suffice to say that the ending really throws the whole thing. It's like you're totally wrapped up in this wonderful, whimsical story, and then the end shatters it all and makes you feel vaguely violated. His turn of phrase and storytelling is really good, but to be honest, I'm wary of reading more of his books.

I just finished Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride and i'm about to start the sequal, Dying Light. If you like crime novels, I strongly recommend Cold Granite, especially if you're into Law and Order SVU. Amazing book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back