What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

Now I'm re-reading Deathly Hallows. It was so excellent, and my new favorite of the series, edging out Order of the Phoenix. Now I'm not looking forward to my summer reading at all because it all seems so boring after Harry's last adventure. What does everyone know about Cannery Row, Huckleberry Finn, and Nineteen Minutes? So far I've only read the first twenty pages of Cannery Row.

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I've read Huckleberry Finn and it's one of the better books by Mark Twain. The pictures that form in your head are amazing and the words he uses are so beautiful. I've heard Nineteen Minutes is a good book but haven't gotten my hands on it as of right now.

3. CSIMiamiGurl1988

CSIMiamiGurl1988 Witness

I'm reading....CSI: Miami: Rip Tide and it's a very interesting book!!!

4. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, I was reading a CSI NY Book (Deluge) but then read the new Harry Potter book (without finishing the CSI NY book) then I finished the Harry Potter book, so now I guess I'm reading a CSI NY book. Only thing is, I haven't picked it up in a week because I think I will be dissapointed because it's not Harry Potter :p

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just finished reading the Deathly Hallows and my CSI:NY books Deluge and Blood in the Sun are in the back burner at the moment since I have to read my Civil Procedure and Criminal Procedure textbooks...I know, pretty boring and tedious reading materials... :lol:

6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Deathly Hallows was really awesome!

7. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I am reading "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz. I thought it was really weird when I first started it, but it has gotten a whole lot better towards the end.

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Just finished Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows and now am reading CSI: Miami Cult Followinf by Donn Cortez it's exciting thus far and I can't wait to finish it.

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I just started to read 'The 7th Death' (well that's the german title, no idea if it's the same in english). Seven women have been killed and the police assume it was always the same killer, but it wasn't. He's only killed 6 women and now he tries to find the killer of the seventh woman and wants to pin the other murders on him.
    It's good and as strange as it sounds I have to say that there are actually some funny parts in it. For example when the killer, Joe, talks about his mother...He says 'She'll turn 64 this year but doesn't look one day older than 70.' sorry but I thought that was funny...

10. lostladyknight

That sounds like a really interesting plot. What's the name of the author so I can look him/her up?

11. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

it's Paul Cleave, his first book.

12. lostladyknight

Great! I'll go look him up on amazon. Thanks very much for getting back to me so soon.

For anyone who wants to know I'm re-reading Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper." It's so similar to the episode "Harvest." You should go check out the summary for it. It's amazing how muc alike the two families are.

13. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i'm reading I Know This Much Is True By Wally Lamb. i'm almost finished, i haven't been able to put it down. this book is definately one of the bests books i have ever read. its about twin brothers and one is a paranoid schizophrenic. they were raised by their incredibly passive mother and abusive stepfather. its told from Dominick's (the un-schizo twin) point of view and about his struggle to protect his mother and brother and take care of his brother. its an incredible book, wally lamb has the ability to make you love and hate a character at the same time and that is how i've felt about Dominick throughout the entire book.

he wrote another book She's Come Undone, that is also really great. i would recommend reading both, wally lamb is just an amazing author.

14. araSgerG

araSgerG Lab Technician

I'm reading "The Monkey's Raincoat" by Robert Crais, I've got to finish it, "L.A. Requiem" and the new Harry Potter book in three weeks.

15. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

I'm STILL[/b] reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" By Harper Lee. It's getting pretty interesting. I like it better now, but I still get slightly confussed.

I'm going to start "Night" By Elie Wiesel soon, it's about the holocaust, another school book. I'm looking forward to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.