What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

My favourite books are the Bridget Jones books.

2. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I am reading "The Six Wives of Henry VII" (700+ pages! o_O) and a Futurama comic book. My all-time favourite book is "The Summer of Riley". A good sob-story about dogs.

3. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

New Harry Potter book, surprise surprise, eh. ;)

4. Lauw

Lauw Police Officer

I just finished reading the new Harry Potter :D

5. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Right now: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    When that's finished I'll start with the new one! :D

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Not surprisingly, I am currently reading the latest Harry Potter. I'm almost done chapter 6 and I must say that Rowling's writing is compelling as always... I basically started it last night and kept reading until my eyes wouldn't stay open any more!

So yes, at this stage I'm guessing I'll be recommending it by the time I've finished it. ;)

7. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the same day, so I'm now hijacking my sister's copy of the new Deathly Hallows book - which is difficult, considering it hasn't left her hands since she got it - and reading that every spare second I have. Have to say that so far, I'm not a fan, but it was that way with Order of the Phoenix, too, which turned out to be my favourite book. :p We'll see.

8. GottaLoveVegas

GottaLoveVegas Lab Technician

I just finished 'Deathly Hallows' and you few are the first people that I've found that have finished it, honestly, lol. It finally occured to me to check here, even though I haven't been in ages. Good to know I'm not the only one!

I also just finished 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfeld (with intent to read the other two in the series) and am re-reading my Anita Blake books by Laurell K. Hamilton, since her new one, 'The Harlequin' should be out on paperback soon. Summer is always a big reading time for me, lol :]

9. OscarMayerLemur

OscarMayerLemur Police Officer

Potter #7, Still Life With Crows, and Frankenstein (by Dean Koontz)(can't spell it)

10. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, finally! :) It's already 10.30 pm and I see no chance to go to bed yet. Can't stop reading ;)

11. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I'm just about to finish 'The moment you were gone' by Nicci Gerrard.
    It's about two women who have been friends since they were kids but one day one of them leaves without giving a reason. 20 years later they meet again and secrets of the past are revealed...
    I think it's pretty good.

12. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm currently reading Hary Potter and The Deathy allows as well as the CSI: Miami book Heat Wave. I was going to start a third but decided I have a lot to read at the moment. :D

13. OscarMayerLemur

OscarMayerLemur Police Officer

They are all extremely good! My friend and I read the series together. Hope you get you hands on the ohter to :)

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I just finished two Nora Roberts book in one... a little on the fluffy/romantic side, but I liked it.
    I thought they would be more involved with the mystery/intrigue but that's okay

I'm now onto Kathy Reichs Deadly Decision which is more on the forensic/crime solving side.

A certain crime show I started watching :eek: got me hooked on these kinds of books

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've read my favorite book by Stephen King again, Christine. I don't know what it is about this book, but I can read it over and over again and not get bored with it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.