What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read 'Night' and its also a great book. Although my friends dissagree but 'To Kill A Mockingbird', 'Night', and 'The Catcher in The Rye' are my faveorite school books.

the latest Harry Potter. I just got it from my gf :D I really really enjoy the book but won't say much cus of the people who haven't read it yet..

The lastest book I got from the library, The Wonder Spot by Melissa Bank. Only a few pages in but it's really getting good.

I'm reading The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult. I've read so many of her books, they're great. For people who don't know, Picoult picks a crime for each book, and usually goes through the story from all different peoples prospectives, right through to the court. The Tenth Circle is a rape case, it's pretty heavy going so far, I can't read too much in one sitting as it's so upsetting, especially from the victims POV.

That Wally Lamb book looks great, I'm going to go and get it off Amazon right now in fact. :lol: :p

I finished the Greg Iles novel Blood Memory earlier tonight. I thought the novel was one of the best I've read in a long time. The book was about a woman who's repressed memories of sexual abuse and her father's murder come back to her as she's hunting a serial killer. In this book the author did a great job detailing the sexual abuse and aftereffects which other writers would skip over in order to avoid offending the reader. The psychology in the book was fanscating to learn, and was accurate according to my aunt who's a psychitrist and mother who's a therapist.

Calihan, that sounds like an awesome book. I'm serious. I'm going to read it once I get through everything else.

I just read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it took me two days. Overall I was satisfied.

I'm going to start a school book called 1776 by David McCullough. Than I will begin Night by Elie Wiesel. 1776 looks like a difficult read. So I'm procrastinating.

You know, I didn't like the Harry Potter book as much as I was hoping. I mean, the ending was great, although the "years later..." bit at the end was sort of lame, but overall, there were major patches in the second and third quarters where I actually sort of found myself bored and sort of skim reading to get through it. I've never done that in any other HP books.

Overall, I guess I liked it, and she wrapped it up satisfactorily, but it's definitely not one of my faves in the series.

@ericloca: Gatsby is cool. I'd to write it in my english advanced course. Brought me an A. :D

I'm reading 'The DaVinci Code'. I already own this book for so long but I never read it. ^^

And I also reading HP7.. but only to translate 3 chapters. *lol*

Well when I was in highschool, I love "The Catcher In The Rye" By J.D. Salinger, So I went and bought it today, so that's what I'm reading, I love this book, and for anybody who hasn't read it, you should, it's awesome.

Ah the "The Catcher in the Rye" I finished reading that book a couple weeks back adn its a great book but sometimes it gets annoying because Holden is kinda annoying but its a greatly written book.

I just read "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins. It's about this really good girl who has to go to spend a summer with her estranged father and gets addicted to crank. Basically you just read as her life spirals out of control. I really like it, and it's an easy read because there are very few words on the pages.

I have recently finished "Dante's Inferno" (16th century?) by Dante Aligheri. It was a very well written, imaginitive book. I found it very interesting to see where the general physical view of "Hell" comes from (as his was the first published works describing hell itself), and very much enjoyed it.

I am currently reading various psychology books...books on Ancient Egyptian beliefs (which I've found to be an extremely fascinating subject), and various mangas ranging from Death Note to Fullmetal Alchemist to Angel Sanctuary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back