What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

Ive have read so many books already this summer. Lots of Stephen King stuff. Im currently reading his book called Desperation. Its very good.Im into all sorts of book though anything from romance novels to science fiction.

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

That book is really good. :)

I'm reading A Room with a View by Edward Morgan Forster. It's a story of a young rich English woman who goes on vacation to Italy. She mets a young italian man who kiss her... After she returns to England, but she can't forget that kiss...

3. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I just finished Coroner's Journal: Forensics and the Art of Stalking Death by Louis Cataldie. I really enjoyed this book. Cataldie was the Baton Rouge Coroner and the Louisiana State Medical Examiner and this book is a collection of his journal entries about various crime scenes and deaths he investigated. He's very descriptive, compassionate and witty. i would recommend it to anyone who isn't freaked out about detailed descriptions of crime scenes or children's deaths (that chapter got to me a little bit).

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Calihan, if the type of biography doesn't matter, you might want to check out "Nobody Gets Out of Here Alive", a Jim Morrison biography. It's older, but it's an interesting read.

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I'm reading the 5th Harry Potter book (Order of the Phoenix) I was reading it last year, but I lent it to my friend and she didn't give it back for a year so I just started reading it again. I've barley put it down all day.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

On my trip I read most of Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn. This book is amazing. The action is nonstop and the way he writes you sort of feel the same as the characters. If something happens you get apprehensive just as the characters do. Despite the far fetched plot I say give it a read.

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Currently it's CSI Killing Game by Max Allan Collins and Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince (Book 6). I'm truely excited for Book 7 to come out! :)

8. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Almost finished Dan Brown's The Bernini Mystery. I love books like this. They are mysterious, exiting and you learn a lot of things too!

9. never_again

never_again Witness

I'm reading "A Darkling Plain" by Philip Reeve. It's the last in the series. It's fantasy, but not all elves and epic quests. It's set in a future world where the cities are giant and made out of metal and then move around "eating" one another. Then there's the Green Storm a group that wants to stop the cities and make then stationary again. It's very good, apart from, my friends said the ending's sad!

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I've just finished 'Snowblind' by PJ Tracy. I thought it was an okay read, but I found the ending a major let down. It was a little on the short side and I didn't find it as gripping as the first 3 books by PJ Tracy. I hope the next book is better.

After reading that book, I had 2 other books waiting in line 'Hannibal Rising' by Thomas Harris and 'Triptych' by Karin Slaughter. As I've had 'Hannibal Rising' since Christmas, I decided to read that one first. It's not normally the type of book I read, but my Dad brought it for me for Christmas, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm up to chapter 5 and it seems okay, thus far.

11. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i'm halfway into The Hot Zone by Richard Preston and so far i'm freakin terrified. its about the ebola and marburg viruses. it wouldn't be so bad but its nonfiction...this stuff actually happened to people. i'm going to be terrified everytime i see someones blood now because i'm going to be afriad that all these lethal viruses are lurking in it.

other than causing paranoia and nightmares about monkeys and nuns with red eyes its a really great book...a bit graphic in terms of what these people have gone through...but still a wonderful read and i can't seem to put it down.

12. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

My favourite writer is Erich Maria Remarque . I'll read everything he wrote !

13. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I read one of his books! "All Quiet on the Western Front." It was really good.

14. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Yeah , I know ! That my favourite actually ! Paul Baumer is an amazing character !

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I just finished with the third Vince Flynn novel 'The Third Option'. I loved his second novel and this one was better. The fact that there are more places than in his second book and more characters which showcases more of his writing skill. Unlike his secind novel this one really showed the corrupt side of politics and how unlike his second novel this didn't conclude at all which means that the story will be continued in his next book is a great thing. In life nothing hardly ever concludes like they do in books so it's great to finally see fiction that's ealistic in that sense.

Anyone know anything about the author Greg Iles I got his novel 24 Hours at my library and I'm wondering if it's worht reading or if I should continue with Vince Fylnn's novels for a bit. Should Greg Iles books be read in any order or not.

I'd lie to add if anyone is confused about my rtefering to this has Vince Flynn's third novel instead of second because I believe i reffered to the last book of his as his first. This was the third novelhe wrote but the second in the Mitch Rapp series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.