What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

^ I read it when I was younger and was a bit freaked. Now I'd love it, and you might as well. :D Pretty good book.

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^ Oh good. In my reading class, a girl did a report about it and it sounded pretty good so I kind of debating reading it. Thanks cainesugar

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

No probelm. if I remember correctly, it's about a rape/murder. Don't read at night. :lol: Jk.

4. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I'm reading "The Cage" by Ruth Minsky Sender. It really good its about a girl living in Lodz, Polland durring the Holocuast. She gets taken away to Auswitchs, and her family dies its really sad but really good, its true story too!

I usually only read non-fiction story's or poeatry, I love Shakespeare... i think i spelled that wrong.. hahah
    Has anyone read it??

5. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

:lol: that's probably a good tip, because I'm SUCH a baby about that kind of stuff.

6. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Today I started reading The Chamber by John Grisham, I spent the day reading and now am about halfway through. I'm enjoyed the book it's a good legal thriller type novel. The plot is interesting and it mkaes you think about some of the issues.

7. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

CSI: Miami - Smoking Gun

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i'm rereading Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. It's been one of my favorite books since it came out and they recently made a movie out of it. Its a memoir thats almost too crazy and messed up to believe.

9. drkate

drkate Corpse

I'm reading 'Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous' by George Berkeley for my philosophy subject. It's boring as hell!

10. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code (again) since I like the mysterie about the whole Jesus and Mary thing.. its interesting. There are more books about it these days but none are as good as this one.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.. Eventhough Dumbledore dies its still the best book of HP~! And the whole thing with Ron and Hermione being in love but not admitting is just too funny

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Content! Seriously! Not just book and author but something... look at, for example, Calihan's post. Why you read it? Have you liked it so far? Is it boring? and all that stuff.

12. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Well, I really like Eva Ibbotson Novels..
    I like Which Witch. It really surprised me. Very well written! One of my favorite books!

13. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I've just started reading part 1 of the North and South trilogy. I bought all three for my mum a couple of Christmas's ago, but she's never read them so I thought I may as well. I got into them after watching the dvd's, with Patrick Swazaye.

Before that I was reading Panic by Jeff Abbott, which was amazing.

14. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Is the North and South trilogy any good faith666 people have recomended that I read them, I started the first one but found it hard to get going. If you think they're worth it, I'll try them again.

15. Horatios_Shades

Horatios_Shades Prime Suspect

I'm reading Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs at the moment. I love her books, she writes with such attention to detail and the stories and cases are intriguing. To read a fiction book from the perspective of someone who has actually worked as a forensic anthropologist and presents all her experience and knowledge in this way is fantastic. I also like the fact that Brennan (the main character) can be a bit of a cow and clashes with her colleagues frequently more realistic than some other books in this vein. Only just started this one, but if anyone fancies a good read, I recommend you start with her first one, deja dead - cracking read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.