What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

i'm being forced to read the most boring book in the world by skool for english lol.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I borrowed from the library Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding (I hope it'll be as funny as the Bridget Jones ones) and The Keyhole (Sleuteloog) by Hella S. Haasse.

3. SaraStar

SaraStar Pathologist

I'm reading 'Lies of Silence' by Brian Moore for school (English). I really like it.

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I recently finished 'A Faint Cold Fear' and was well impressed, so far with the Grant County series I've really enjoyed every book. :)

After that I read 'Turn Of The Screw'. When I received this it was quite surprised at how short it was, by short I mean about 40 pages. It was okay, I don't really want spoil it if anyone whishes to read it, but I wasn't all that impressed, but being such a short book it wasn't a waste of time to read. :lol:

Next I'm hoping to get my hands on 'Bright Lights, Big City' by Jay McInerney (another book that was mentioned in a CSI episode :lol:), after that I'll start on the next Grant County book 'Indelible', I believe this one has flashbacks, so it will be interesting to read and according to reviews I've read the flashback is done pretty well. I'll see how I get on with it. :)

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I just finished THE MERMAID CHAIR by Sue Monk Kidd
    the movie was on Lifetime TV (starring Alex Carter,aka, DET.VARTANN from CSI LV) and I watched so I had to get the book...
    I liked the book better
    I have a CSI book to finish, Binding Ties
    and some Kathy Reichs books to start
    So many books, so little time :D

Happy Reading everyone

6. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I'm reading "The Ring - Spiral" by Koji Suzuki and "Belladonna" by Karin Slaughter Not sure if the second is also called Belladonna in english.
    Read those often. I need new books to read. It's getting boring. *lol*

7. SMACkedMM

SMACkedMM Dead on Arrival

I'm currently reading the novelisation of the movie X-Men: The Last Stand. I loved the movie, but the book is better.

8. Kiwi_kid

Kiwi_kid Hit and Run

I'm reading Charlotte Gray by Sebastian Faulks and am loving it, seem to be into wartime epics at the moment for some unknown reason.

9. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I just started The Manchurian Candidate, I'm mid-way through chapter two and it's pretty good.

10. Night

Night Witness

I'm reading 'The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennos' by Maggie O'Farrell.

11. Detective_Burn

Detective_Burn Coroner

I just finished "A long way down" by Nick Hornby. It´s about four completely different suicide-candidates who encourage each other to survive.
    I like Hornbys way of writing. So I also liked the book very much.

12. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Yesterday I finished reading "Angels and demons" by Dan Brown. It's very good if you're prepared to read 100 pages of bored explanations at the beginning. It's about The Pope and his election and some things I don't know how to explain in English :p

Today I started "Deception Point" by Dan Brown too. Wow the name in spanish is so different :lol: I'm still in page one so I can't say anything :D

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I've just finished 'Coastliners' by Joanne harris.

It's along the lines of 'Chocolat's Small town life idea, but it's the sea instead of food this time.

Basically Mado,the lead charachter, returns home to the small town of Les Salants, Brittany, after 15 years when her mother dies. She returns to see her father Grosjean, whom she has had a stormy relationship with in the past.

The town has spent years rueing the success of their neighbours La Houssinière and put it down to the tides, which washes luck in with it.

Mado, with the help of a foreigner called Rouget tries to turn the towns fortunes around ,hoping it will help her get closer to Grosjean.

There the usual Harris trademarks of intrigue, secrets, and feuds.

It's not as warm as 'Chocolat' but a good yarn, and will keep you interested.

14. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

almost finished reading the Handmaid's Tale by Maragaret Atwood...kinda strange but good nonetheless

15. Annissa

Annissa Witness

The Devil in the White City.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.