What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Terrific book: dark, amusing, engaging. With the usual Gaiman twists. Not as fantastic as Stardust but still very good.

I'm now about a third into Sting's autobio Broken Music. I started this a looooong time ago but stopped after the first few pages as I wasn't in the mood. I started it yet again over the weekend and I found myself pleasantly surprised with it. Sting writes very smoothly and can be very candid. Like he's right in front of you, telling you his stories.

ranma said:
I just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Terrific book: dark, amusing, engaging. With the usual Gaiman twists. Not as fantastic as Stardust but still very good.
What a coincidence, I just started reading Stardust. I thought it's a little strange somewhat (his books that I've read are only Neverwhere and Smoke and Mirrors) but I'll see how it goes.

I have just started reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss.

It's a bit of a 'coffee table' book I think, but still quite funny especially if you are sometimes a little pedantic like me! (not that my punctuation and grammar are necessarily correct). :p

Just started with Lord of the rings - The Fellowship of the ring.

I got the books a few years ago but I never read them yet.
I love the movies so I thought to give the books a try. :D

I'm reading Everyone Worth Knowing, by Lauren Weisberger. It is so good, I love the humor. It's like a chick flick in a book. And her other book The Devil Wears Prada was really good, too.

I finished Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs earlier today, it was without a doubt her absolute worst book ever.

I'm going to read A Painted House by John Grisham next. I read the first couple pages at the library a couple days ago, it seems to be a good story with good characters. I'll teel yuo all what I think of it in a few days, when I'm part way through the book.

The Painted House is in no doubt the worst book John Grisham has ever written. :D I hated it! It was just a bit boring, the plot...well let's say, I wasnt very interested in the actual plot.

I am reading 'Captain Horatio Hornblower' by C.S Forester. It contains the first three books in the Hornblower series: 'Beat To Quarters', 'Ship Of The Line' and 'Flying Colours'.

^^That's in the order they were written btw, not chronological order. ;)

I'm about halfway through, 'Ship Of The Line' right now. :D

I'm reading "Sphinx" by Robin Cook. It's a great book about Egypt. I'm reading it for the second time. :cool:

:D I just finished "Warriors the New Prohecy:Moonrise" by Erin Hunter. It is an awsome series and I recommened it for anybody who likes books where animals are the main characters.

Well..I put away LotR and started with a Buffy book. I needed some vampire action. :D
Now I'm reading "Immortal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back