What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ooohh, I love Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials Trilogy! :D I first read them about 5 or 6 years ago when I was 15/16. I'm glad you're enjoying them Astrid, and yes, they are finally making them into movies, which is great :D I actually met Philip about 4 years ago when he came to my school to do book signings. My copy of Northern Lights is signed by him. He seemed quite a nice, cheerful guy :)

OMG....very jealous right about now!
Have you heard the casting? Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel...Not too sure about Nicole Kidman though.

I think the success of the Harry Potter books and LOTR has made such things like this possible.

My next thing is to pray for 'Good Omens' to FINALLY be made. Love that book.

OMG i love the Philip Pullman trilogy. I was lucky enough to see the stage production when it had Timothy Dalton as Lord Asriel. One word: Brilliant.

Does anyone know what his other books are like?

ive been on angels and demons for months now, i just keep forgetting to pick it back up. the da vinci code though, i finished in a few days.

i wanna read a good crime book, or something similar to csi-anyone got any recomendations?

I'm currentlly trying to get through The Prestige by Christopher Priest.
The movie that is comming out in a few weeks is roughly based on the book, and I wanted to get through the book before I saw the movie. However, it's proving to be a tough read, so I may not make it :(
It is a really good book though. Makes you think alot. I definitely recommend it to someone who has the time and patience to sit down and concentrate on reading. :)

Sara_Grissom_Fan said:
i wanna read a good crime book, or something similar to csi-anyone got any recomendations?

I recommend anything by P.J Tracy, Tess Gerritsen, Karin Slaughter and Patricia Cornwell :) Also, for a really good crime/thriller, check out Michael Connolly's 'The Poet' and its sequel 'The Narrows'. Both are excellent reads in my opinion.

You may like Agatha Christie's masterpiece 'And Then There Were None', too. I read it and couldn't put it down - the plot is pure genius! :)

I must also add Kathy Reichs, only just started reading her books, they're really good. :D But only has three books which is a shame...

I'd second Wibble in saying Patricia Cormwell is very good.

For a thriller I love anything by Nikki French. 'Killing me softly' was a fantastic book. Shame about the film!

I have to say that I love Linda Fairstein's books. They're so well written and the author herself is really fantastic and great to her fans.

Elbystar said:
CSIsMANIAC said:
I've just completed a book by Jean Craighead George called 'My Side of the Mountain'.

The story is about a young boy named Sam Gribley who ran away from home and went to live near his Great-granfather's farm which is deep in the Catskill mountains. The story tells of how the boy became independent and learned to survive out in the wild on his own. It also has illustrations or sketches of small hand-made contraptions like a fishing hook or a how to build snares and traps to catch small game.

I'd recommend that everyone read it, the young and young at heart. :)

Now I wanna run away. LoL!

omw i read that for the first time when i was like 8! i never knew the author and i've been searching for it for like forever! thank you so much *hugz*....its awesome i loved it.
Hehe..You are most welcome Elbystar :). That book was just really intriguing. It's every kid's dream to run away and live in an unknown place like the forest :). Have fun reading that book again :D.

i know it's kinda weird lol but i've just read the two "bridget jones" books....I can't believe the movies were so far from the books!! and i didn't know that bridget had a crush on Colin Firth too :lol: it was awesome :p

Re-reading "The Bone People" by Keri Hulme. It's weird but I love it (except for the ending which I will just skip ;))
Postmodern literature was about the only good thing that came of my english class.

I'm reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins at the moment. It's quite slow going though. I'm not finding much time to read right now. I might just finish it in time for Christmas, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back