Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Agertays, Mar 1, 2005.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Hi everyone, I've slowly been getting back into the oard after my long semester of college. Hope to talk to a lot of you soon! : )

2. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Sorry Elin, I only just realised you asked me that. Do you mean in my forensics exam?

3. DandMfan

DandMfan Witness

I'm back after my long voyage in bed(and no it's not what you think I was ill)!
    Man you guys are cool! I mean--already studying forensics and some of you even become ones? I even doubt it is going to be possible in my f***ing country.

4. ThroughALens

ThroughALens Dead on Arrival

I seem to scare my friends a lot with my ability to talk about forensic science. Its pretty funny when i watch a tv show and they show something and i know the answer before they advertise it, it scares my parents. I hope to go into forensic science and not just because i love the csi shows.

5. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Yes and your classes.

A lot of new people here. Hi, I'm ElinWaffle , commonly called Elin, Waffle or Waffley (thanks eggy). Uh...Hi!*waves*

Hope you'll enjoy the thread!

OT: Summer break! Summer break! And I am in front of the damn computer. Cloudy and cold weather here. Damn the Swedish climate!

6. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

We did chemical tests like testing for alcohol and flame tests in the classes and in the exam we just had to answer questions about which instrumental technique would be used for a particular job and some other stuff that I can't remember right now.

7. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

And we are alive again! :lol:

Like, fingerprinting and how it is done? Did you do any of that in class? I have a CSI kit for Fingerprinting. Did you, like, look at the different fingerprints and how to determine them? Just an example.

8. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Oh yeah we did fingerprinting. We made prints and dusted for them. And we learnt about the different types and how to determine the difference.

9. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Oh Gosh that sounds like fun! I also wanna! *cries*

I'm not even getting started with my fingerprint kit, because I'm too afraid of running out of powder. What kind of powder did you use BTW? Professional stuff or homemade?

10. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I'm not sure but it was probably the professional stuff because I know my school can get hold of that if they want to.

11. Flutter_Girl

Flutter_Girl Dead on Arrival

I'm totally into Forensics, have been since I was ickle, watched forensic detectives on Discovery channel n that was why i accidentaly tuned into csi one night, at first gutted cos it wasn't factual but watched it anyway n was instantly hooked! I still think its outrageous that we can people's DNA at all, never mind that it doesn't take long now, totally mind blowing!! :D

12. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Welcome Flutter Girl ! Hope you'll enjoy the Forensics Thread! :D

I have absolutely nooo idea what kind of fingerprint powder I got. Probably some cheap thing. I'm going to try out the first experiment in the book this week and see how it goes.

13. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Ok, I posted last here in July and still no response! :eek: We need more people over here! Period.

This board hasn't been active since I last visited it this July before I threw myself into the joys of the summer, including several medieval events taking place this summer and reading the last Harry Potter book.

We (or am I all alone?) need to be more active with posting. I'd hate to see this thread get lost.

So, please, if you want to introduce yourself and talk about the wonders that is forensic science, please feel welcome to join! We don't bite...(at least I don't think so :D)

Thank you.

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I don't know where you are looking, but about eleven threads have had posts during the month of August and the first few days of September. Remember, this is just the welcome thread. There is more to the forensics forum than just this thread.

15. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

No, you aren't alone, i check the forum everyday. Even though i don't post much, i'm still here. This thread is stickied to the top of the forum so it won't get lost.
    As for the discussions? I'd actually prefer them to be in seperate threads, ordered by topic. Not just because it makes it easier for my to read, but it makes it easier for others to find things.