Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

I'm baack! Died a little while, didn't I? Last week of school, our national commemoration day coming up tomorrow...

Hi, newbies! Hope you'll all enjoy the Forensics Thread and that you won't abandon us that quickly. Have fun! Ask, ask, ask...that is the key.

grssom89 said:
hey is anyone in the uk an doing the forensics science course at de montfort uni?

Well, eggy is british and is taking a forensics education. She is at Lincoln though. Long time since we saw her here actually.

^ You talking about me Waffley?
Aww, I got my own cute, endearing lil' nickname. *blushes and hides*

Now if that could only happen in real life. My name is Elin, popularpopular here in Sweden. No nickname. I feel left out. :(

Why is everyone suddenly taking forensics? I have only about 1 year left until...well, by US and UK standards I'm already into high school now. However, Sweden has "high school" from ages 15/16 up to 18/19. Then it is university for me.

So...anyone else here taking a forensics education? Someone thinking of it?

Ok, how many in high school? I know some schools actually offers Forensics. Right? What kind of stuff do you do? Do you have to disect animals. Cause I do not think my little poor vegetarian heart could handle it...

Kidding, I'm the only vegetarian in the world who did not become a vegetarian for the sake of the animals. I feel ashamed.

Aww, I got my own cute, endearing lil' nickname.
It's a habit of mine to do that. :rolleyes: Give it a while, might catch on. :lol: :p
Why is everyone suddenly taking forensics?
I don't think everyone necessarily is...it's a forensic science thread Waffley. :p
I haven't/didn't do forensics at school, it wasn't an option. :( I've heard that there is going to be a Forensic science A level though, before you know it there will be a GCSE in it. :lol:

Forensic science was a part of my science course (but I had to take a GNVQ :(). I took an exam in it and everything.

Actually, that course was why I started watching CSI religiously in the first place. Hmmm...never realised that before :)

Cause I'm stoopid and can't figure out how to reply to two persons:

To eggis (see, contagiuos is it? :lol:): Is this a forensics thread? :eek: I though this was the Grissom/Billy thread! Or Vent-and-Die thread.

I know that not many people here is taking forensics. :p
But we have...how a many? Two, three, four, five...? persons here going to. The rate is increasing.

Only for the good i hope! :D

csi_love said:
Forensic science was a part of my science course (but I had to take a GNVQ :(). I took an exam in it and everything.

Actually, that course was why I started watching CSI religiously in the first place. Hmmm...never realised that before :)

Sorry but...what's a GNVQ? To my swedish brain it sounds like a barbeque grill. :D Are you in high school? What kind of stuff did you do?

We have one "high school" in Stockholms surburbans which offers forensics. A friend of mine did some research for it. She wantet originally to go there, but then she discovered that they had an empathize on maths and she decided not to. :lol: Chicken.

Sorry.

Sorry...basically a GNVQ is a lesser version of a GCSE. It's easier and worth less.
I'm in my last year of a high school, yes. I'm doing my basic English and maths GCSEs now and I did the creative path (Art and music etc.)

Since this is the welcome thread and there is a separate thread labeled Forensics Questions, I hop not.

Back