Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Agertays, Mar 1, 2005.

1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I love forensic science. Where can I learn more about it because CSI ROCKS.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

You can check out the Forensic sites thread in this section of the message board.

3. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Thanks Dynamo1. That really helped. Now I can go read more about Forensic science, so I can understand the show better.

4. DandMfan

DandMfan Witness

Hey guys! *waves hand* LOSER(my nickname)'s back!
    So--anything intersting?
    Oh, got virtual brownies?

5. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

hey is anyone in the uk an doing the forensics science course at de montfort uni?

6. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I'm baack! Died a little while, didn't I? Last week of school, our national commemoration day coming up tomorrow...

Hi, newbies! Hope you'll all enjoy the Forensics Thread and that you won't abandon us that quickly. Have fun! Ask, ask, ask...that is the key.

Well, eggy is british and is taking a forensics education. She is at Lincoln though. Long time since we saw her here actually.

7. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^ You talking about me Waffley? :lol: Me and grssom are old buddies. :D
    Are you thinking of going to De Montford? I'll pm you. :p

8. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Aww, I got my own cute, endearing lil' nickname. *blushes and hides*

Now if that could only happen in real life. My name is Elin, popularpopular here in Sweden. No nickname. I feel left out. :(

Why is everyone suddenly taking forensics? I have only about 1 year left until...well, by US and UK standards I'm already into high school now. However, Sweden has "high school" from ages 15/16 up to 18/19. Then it is university for me.

So...anyone else here taking a forensics education? Someone thinking of it?

Ok, how many in high school? I know some schools actually offers Forensics. Right? What kind of stuff do you do? Do you have to disect animals. Cause I do not think my little poor vegetarian heart could handle it...

Kidding, I'm the only vegetarian in the world who did not become a vegetarian for the sake of the animals. I feel ashamed.

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

It's a habit of mine to do that. :rolleyes: Give it a while, might catch on. :lol: :p
    I don't think everyone necessarily is...it's a forensic science thread Waffley. :p
    I haven't/didn't do forensics at school, it wasn't an option. :( I've heard that there is going to be a Forensic science A level though, before you know it there will be a GCSE in it. :lol:

10. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Forensic science was a part of my science course (but I had to take a GNVQ :(). I took an exam in it and everything.

Actually, that course was why I started watching CSI religiously in the first place. Hmmm...never realised that before :)

11. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Cause I'm stoopid and can't figure out how to reply to two persons:

To eggis (see, contagiuos is it? :lol:): Is this a forensics thread? :eek: I though this was the Grissom/Billy thread! Or Vent-and-Die thread.

I know that not many people here is taking forensics. :p
    But we have...how a many? Two, three, four, five...? persons here going to. The rate is increasing.

Only for the good i hope! :D

Sorry but...what's a GNVQ? To my swedish brain it sounds like a barbeque grill. :D Are you in high school? What kind of stuff did you do?

We have one "high school" in Stockholms surburbans which offers forensics. A friend of mine did some research for it. She wantet originally to go there, but then she discovered that they had an empathize on maths and she decided not to. :lol: Chicken.

Sorry.

12. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Sorry...basically a GNVQ is a lesser version of a GCSE. It's easier and worth less.
    I'm in my last year of a high school, yes. I'm doing my basic English and maths GCSEs now and I did the creative path (Art and music etc.)

13. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

Does anyone actually ask any questions in this thread??

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Since this is the welcome thread and there is a separate thread labeled Forensics Questions, I hop not.

15. CSIAleh

CSIAleh Witness

Oops I posted in the wrong one...lol sorry