Welcome to the Forensic Science Thread!

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Agertays, Mar 1, 2005.

1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Re: Welcome to the Forensic Science Forum

Lincoln. :)
    Is that just in America?
    Take a look at this site ;) So it looks like the sort of thing that was in Shooting Stars. :)

2. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

eggy! You changed icon again! Grissom...*drools* Seriously, I need help.

Good for you! How many years will you go there? I do not get it. Do you have to have some sort of Science degree before you apply for the Forensics Program, or what? For example, Warrick has a B.S in Chemistry and Sara in Theoretical Physics (loots of math, isn't it? Why can't she solve crimes using math, like Charlie on Numb3rs does? ;))

Ok. So I was somewhat right. :D

OT: Thought I might as well ask you people who lives in the UK. When does the season finale air? Or do you have some kind of break during the summer?

3. eggbe4thechicken

Come on over to the Hottness of grissom thread, you'll be so welcome. :lol:

It's a 3 year long degree. ;) I am sooo excited, although nervous at the same time, all the new...everything. Scary. :eek:
    You can become a forensic scientist without a forensics degree, I'm just not clever enough to specialize that focused. :rolleyes: I would love to though. I think I will after I get my forensics degree. Also the forensics degree will give me a chance to see what branch I want to do, then I can decide how I specialize. :)
    I think CSI is primarily a science show, so the maths doesn't really come into it. Although she did use maths, well logic, to work out that girl's code in the ep that I can't remember the name of. Do you remember? The girl was measuring her daily intake and output. Crazy, but sad. :(

No idea. :lol: We are on Law of Gravity I think. I'm up to date with America though. ;) England hasn't had a break from the eps like America has, so probably sooner than you think. They don't tend to do breaks in England, there is no March sweeps. (whatever that is. :lol:)

4. animequeen23

animequeen23 Witness

I love forensics! I am planning on studying it at uni. I love the chemistry side of it and things like C.O.D are quite interesting too... I really want to become a forensic scientist when I'm older... :)
    My mum however, is shocked at the idea! :lol:

5. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I'll be joining you in a second. Really, my friends think I'm crazy when I say that William Petersen is hot. "Who?" "Grissom. Gil Grissom on CSI?" "Nuthouse here she comes." :lol:

Smart reasoning. I'll keep that one in mind. Griss is the only one who has a Ph. D though, right? Actually, I credit Griss in making me intrested in entomology. I hate bugs with a passion, but after seing them on TV the do not quite disgust me as much as they used to. Thanks CSI! :D

I remember that episode, but I can't remember the name either. She was keeping some sort of journal. And I agree, that Numb3rs and CSI do differ from each other. But I'd love to see the team's reaction (especially Nick and Greg's) to Sara doing math in relation to a case. Priceless! :D Plus, original CSI is the show which includes different branches of forensics, like forensic art and anthropology. I know Aiden on CSI:NY also did facial reconstructions and such, but I mean, come on! On CSI:NY and CSI:Miami, they always use computers or hat kind of stuff! On, I think it was Nestling Dolls (I'm a badbad GSR-shipper not knowing. *hides in corner*) were Sara did a face made of plaster (again, I think). I think CSI, should be the ideal show to use other forensics besides fingerprint examination and DNA. Using "forensic math" (is that even a term? :rolleyes:) would be a fresh idea. Charlie and Larry? Jump the plane to Vegas for one major cross-over! :D

That you egg ! Made my day. By my estimate (if England shows an episode a week) the finale should air on, what? The 2th July? Cuz I need to book a seat and hotel as soon as possible. England, and especially London, is a very expensive place to be in. Sadly. :(

6. eggbe4thechicken

^Is sweden further behind? Channel 5 has recently bought CSI, and I they seem to have all the new programmes, which is awesome. :) Totally agree on the expensiveness of England. :(

I think they only really show Grissom's and Catherine's specialities on the show. Warrick, Nick and Sara sort of do whatever, lol. Anyone else noticed this?

7. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

We are way behind England. Right now we are showing CSI:NY on Mondays and CSI:Miami on Thursdays. The original CSI will have to wait until the summer break. So we'll probably be finished around October like last year. It sucks. :(

I'm really hoping to go to London for the finale. However, I need someplace to live. Mom and Dad are going to Thailand in early June, before my school break. Actually, me and my mom were planning going to Lund (the university-students city) for my mom's cousins graduation (she's studying medicine and is staring her AT-residency in the fall). Now it'll be just me and some other people. I'm all alone. :D

Brother is going to Mallorca with a friend of his and his family. Me and little sister will be grounded in Sweden for the whole summer. Medíeval week at Gotland is going to be fun though. But I'd really like to go. According to mon, as long as I can find a friend who's coming with me and a place to stay (probably some cheap hotel, with a TV!), we're all set. And I'd probably just stay for about a weekend. But we'll see.

As you mentioned it, yes I have. Grissom has his bugs and Catherine has her blood stapper. Warrick? I think Nick and Sara (?) asked him some questions about gambling but that's all. Greg, huh? Greg's got..DNA? I'm actually not sure about the others. But what a great way to introduce new forensics into the show! We could have Nick suddenly showing of his creative side, specializing in forensic art. And Sara? Forensic photography, maybe? Warrick could be the forensic odontologist. Cause he's hot. And not many dentists are hot. :D

Added: I don't remember which one, but isn't there an episode with Sofia when she expressed surprise over the fact that plants contains DNA? I though that was very funny. How did she become a CSI? :D

8. eggbe4thechicken

Sara's speciality is physics, Nick's is hair and fibre analysis, and Warrick's is audio/visual analysis. You really wouldn't know this from the show would you? :confused:

I suppose there is only so much they can fit into a 40 min show. :lol:

9. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Audio/visual? Cool, I did not know that. :p

I need a third line.
    I love forensics.
    I have a long-distance running session in school today.
    I am going to join the GSR:thread now. But do not worry....

I'll be back!

10. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I just realized one thing. Next semester, I'll start the "gymnasie"-course in English (I'm way ahead of my class mates, who are still struggling with the basic course) and there is this assignment about famous murderers and courtroom laws. Later on, there is the assignment on "Reading Non-Fiction" and the Evolution Of DNA-Evidence is given as an example. Later on, you have to write a final thesis about a topic of your own. I'm defiently going to write about forensics in some form. does anyone have any good ideas for topic? I was thinking about the CSI Effect, but now I'm not so sure about it.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a miniature in woodwork class. Unfortantely, I have just about two days to finish it. My school is pretty weird, I know. It's the strange curriculum I'm sure. We do not have wood- och textilework at the school. Neither Home Economics (Well, we do in some degree), as we do not have a kitchen. We only have the oppertunity once a year. It sucks.

But a mimiature. I'll be creeped about, especially after hearing everything about the CSI finale. But It would be fun.

Sorry, i'm rambling. I'm off to sulk in a corner.

11. stand_behide_h

stand_behide_h Hit and Run

Hi! can i join here??Is not late that i go here.Right?

12. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Of course it's not too late! Welcome stand_behind_h !

We are just a tad slow. :)

What to talk about...forensics is cool. CSI rocks. Elin rocks! :lol:

Really, I'm just very tired and I need to do something. Like study.

13. DandMfan

DandMfan Witness

I hope you welcome dumb losers that don't know a thing about forensics--just like me *points to self*

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

DandMfan, there once was a radio talk show host who said that the only dumb question is the one that is not asked. You and I and most of the other members of this board have not had any forensic training. But we share a common interest in a television show that gives us a glimpse of this field. The few members who are in the profession have seemed nice enough to share their knowledge. So, welcome to the board, grab some virtual snacks from the table by the door, pull up a keyboard, and have fun.

15. DandMfan

DandMfan Witness

Yeah but it would be better if I was good for SOMETHING :( I'm not refering just to forensics :(