Was Danny abused as a child?

Danny told Mac that he couldnt help think about the kid and how he just wanted to belong and was desparate. I wonder if Danny was talking about himself
You might have a point there. And yes, he did seem to want to say more about the subject, but Mac somehow cut him off by telling him of his own experience to 'belong'.

It might well be the case that Mac has trust-issues regarding Danny since the whole Tanglewood business. But shouldn't we have seen more of that in the episodes right after Tanglewood? Or have we?

I agree with Crazy4Danny, the whole reverse psychology might be what Mac is trying to apply, but he should also know that it will have quite the opposite effect on Danny!

Mac should have picked a relaxed, casual moment in time, preferably off-duty, in a pub or something, to try and ask Danny about the whole Tanglewood business. Danny would have been very likely to talk about it. Mac could have really shown Danny that he's his friend.

Instead we've seen Mac has failed as Danny's supervisor... which makes a great storyline for season 2. So let's see what'll happen, eh?

i think season 2 is going to be really interesting and gripping.

I agree with you two. i think danny did want to say more when he was in mac's office. He didn't appear to be talking about the victim at all. That would suggest that he didn't join (or unoffically) join the gang to escape an abusive homelife, like you've said.

Danny is always trying to prove himself to mac, even though he does mess up his heart's in the right place. So i can understand him clamming up when mac told him his story.

Your right adder574 about when he was explaining the tattoo. I never made the connection before but now it makes sense.

After that Danny seemed to, for lack of a better word, wilt, and then he said he was proud of himself. Even though Danny said that he was proud of himself, he didnt sound like it. I cant help but wonder if Danny actually went to Mac to confess everything. Mac, to me came across that he was proud of Danny for not joining so maybe Danny couldnt bear to disappoint Mac and he clammed up.

That's pretty much exactly how I read that scene. Danny was going to come clean and Mac's words made him feel worse about that. Like in a soap opera, when the guilty guy/gal comes to confess an infidelity to his/her significant other and the person starts going on and on about how it's so great to have such a faithful lover. And then the guy/girl feels to crappy to confess.

That's how I read the scene. I think Danny was going to tell Mac about his involvement and then Mac was all like, "you're such a good boy" and Danny just dropped it because he didn't want Mac to know his words aren't true.

Here’s something that was brought up on another thread; it said in the blurb about the first episode of season 2 that Mac would be training Sheldon and also that, although he didn’t want to hire her at first, he is impressed by the new female CSI.
These two new additions to the team will have the double effect of 1) Mac isn’t going to have as much time for Danny, and 2) also put Danny under more pressure.

Is Mac going to be in a position to help Danny and more worryingly, will he still want to?

^I think all of that is only going to make Danny more insecure. Like any child used to getting a lot of attention, he's going to resent it when he has to compete with not one but two new people for Mac's attention. I wonder if he'll be on his best behavior, or if it will make him more rebellious.

^ it'll be intriguing to find out. i think he'll withdraw even more.

Mac won't have a lot of time to deal with Danny's problems while he's training Hawkes. Poor danny won't get a look in.

I could see Danny withdrawing, and also thinking that because he's not being watched as carefully, he can do things a little more his way rather than Mac's. Of course, if that leads to him bungling a case, that's really, really going to piss Mac off. I have a feeling it will all come together in the Tanglewood sequel, one way or another.

^ yeah i think the tanglewood sequel will definately tie everything together and we'll find out what's the cause. I hope any way.

I could see Danny withdrawing, and also thinking that because he's not being watched as carefully, he can do things a little more his way rather than Mac's. Of course, if that leads to him bungling a case, that's really, really going to piss Mac off.

I don't like this scenario, if Danny makes too many mistakes he's going to get fired rather than have anyone find out what his problems are. :(
I'm not sure Danny would be resentful, especially with Sheldon because I think they get on quite well, but he might feel even more alone. Mac was just so negative at the end of the season.

I have to agree there! The situation will become harder on Danny, not having Mac guide him as much anymore. Mac could really give him an ego-boost by saying he's no longer closely supervised, but rather he'll be on his own more. It would prove Mac to show some confidence in Danny. However, Danny might not interpret it like that, eventhough Mac might actually be sincere about it. Danny'd probably see this as Mac not having time for him anymore, coz after all he'll be too busy with Sheldon and the new girl.

Don't think Danny will be resentful of Sheldon, but he might be of the new girl... now which scenarios could come of that?

^Well said, I think you might be right there!

But what about a possible scenario that Danny might feel resentful of the new girl? Is he going to withdraw and feel more alone regarding that as well? Or will Danny be more likely to explode? Don't forget how Danny has always been very outspoken about things, so why not in this case?

^ i'm not sure about that one. Thats a toughy. He could withdraw like he has done, although your right in saying he does explode at times.

^he only seems to behave withdrawn-like around Mac, but less so around others. He doesn't seem to talk back much when talking to Mac, but he does when talking to Aiden. Remember the quote Who are you? My mother?. Or when he was talking to Flack in that diner after the shooting... he kinda exploded there!

When Danny does talk back to Mac, he does it with a different tone of voice. Just remember when Mac gave him the card of the lawyer, he was practically on the verge of tears: I don't need a lawyer, Mac... there was so much desperation in that!

Back