Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Oct 22, 2009.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

USA ties it with :24.4 left in the third!!!! OT bay-bee!!!

ETA: Crap. Damn you, Sidney Crosby!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yes we did it. Canada beat the US team 3-2 in overtime. Job well done by both teams.

The Gold Medal was Canada's 14th for the games which is an Olympic Record.

Go Canada Go

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

YEAH! The Kid gets it in! Woo Hoo! GOLD MEDAL FOR CANADA!!! :D

That is just a brilliant end to a great couple of weeks. Fantastic! :D

So apparently, Canada, USA and Finland are the teams to watch in hockey, both men's and women's! :lol: Congrats to everyone.

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

WOOT!! i watch one hockey game every four years, so i am happy. my boyfriend is sulking in the corner :D i told him the very first day of the olympics, we would win gold because of sidney crosby and he scored the winning goal! im psychic :lol:

but they need to rethink chanting "louuu!" for luongo, sounds too much like boo!

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay I watched the Hockey game today, even though I rarely paid attention to the olympics and don't watch Hockey at all. In saying that, I want to say Congrats to the Canadian team on a good game, all three teams worked not only hard but with heart. ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

GOLD MEDAL FOR CANADA!!!

Yeah!!!

7. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

that was a great hocky game

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

We were saying that all through the games! :lol: I went to a victory ceremony which was followed by an INXS concert, and at the end when everybody cheered for them to come back out for an encore, the lead singer, who is Canadian (and TOTALLY cheesey, by the way! :p ) came out with a Team Canada jersey on. Everyone immediately began yelling "Luuuuuuuuuuuu!" and then they left the stage again! :lol: We were all like, what the...? And then, either that was their plan all along, or someone explained to the mostly Australian band that they were not in fact being "boo-ed", because they came back out and performed an encore.

The city was just going off like mad yesterday/last night. I went for a run after the hockey game, and it was the worst run ever from an athletic standpoint. I was wearing one of my Canada t-shirts (because it's pretty warm here right now!) and I had to keep stopping and cheering with people. I also high-fived about 100 people along the route, and stopped to join in for a couple impromptu corner renditions of "Oh Canada" with various crowds of people. Lots of cheering, honking, and yes... lots of cowbell! :lol: I heard honking in the streets into the wee hours this morning too.

It's always awesome to be Canadian, but right now it feels even better! :)

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] to everyone from every country who participated in this and won their medals as well, in this great Winter Olympics. GO CANADA for winning the most GOLD and congratulations to the U.S. for winning the most medals 37:eek: and to every country who was there, and won as well, good job to all, and 16 days of excitment and hoorahs, minus two tragedys. The closing ceremonies were a sight to behold, like the opening ceremonies were. Thank's to Canada for being the hosts with courteous and polite, manners, to all. Now everyone can take a long nap~

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  10. nessy

nessy Witness

I'm gutted it's all over. What am I going to watch when I can't sleep? It was being broadcast at 8pm and around 11pm through the night over here so I could watch bits and record stuff if i had to sleep. Loved the Canada-USA game last night, was a really good one and great that the Host nation got the gold. Also really enjoyed the women's skeleton, probably because GB got the gold. We had to win something at least, as the rest of the events we were a bit poor at.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:I thought they were saying "boooo!" when I first heard it. I just thought everyone was mad because Babcock changed the goalies, but then a friend told me, "No it's louuuu!"

I need to get my hearing checked!

14 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD MEDALS FOR CANADA..LET COUNT THAT FOR YOU AMERICANS..that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14-the one earned in the sweet hockey game!

GOOD WORK TEAM CANADA..YOU ROCK!!!

I am so PROUD to be a Canadian. My daughter and I were singing O Canada! after the GOLD MEDALSwere presented to TEAM CANADA!

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

There are times like this that I'm not proud to be a Canadian. I don't think there is any need to gloat here about the number of Gold Medals Canada won. Sure we won 14 Gold Medals but myfuturecsi you must remember that the United States took the overall Medal count.

And I hope that for my American friends you do realize that we're not all like this.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep I know that, and all of the countries played with sweat, tears, heart and soul. The fact that those folks even got there brings a sense of pride, and they played hard (from what I glimps and read lol) and no matter the count all the countries should be proud, sometimes we make to much about who got more of this or not enough of that, when its about the fact they made it there. And with the heart and soul that beats all medal counts imo. And for the record I would still say this even if I wasn't American.

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I start to be glad that we didn't get to the final, Canada would have kicked seriously our ass so it's rather better to win bronze game to lose in embarassing way in the final ;)

Many older players had their last olympics (Selänne, O Jokinen, older Koivu, Lehtinen, Timonen etc.) ... our fault was our crappy coach, who wanted to play certain way and that way didn't work with any of the players.

Oh well, 2014 and Russia - here we come!

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'd say something very rude right back to you Jacquie, but I won't bother. Some people are not worth my time.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010