Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Oct 22, 2009.

1. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

You've got a bad link for the Rochette story.

That was sad, her mom just unexpectedly died. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried after her short program. I think though, that Scott Hamilton cried harder! :D I'm glad she got a medal, even if it knocked the American off of the podium.

Pittsburgh isn't mad at Sid. We're just jealous that he helped the Canadians, not the Americans to win! :lol:

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh, I cried like a baby after her short program. My friend and I were passing the tissues! :lol: I think I was OK until the end, where she started to get emotional herself... I pretty much lost it when she did.

I did something similar when the Georgians came out during the opening ceremonies. I was downtown when it was on, and I was with this huge group in Robson square watching it on a big screen, and when they came out the crowd started to cheer for them, and there were more than a few teary eyes. It's a sad reason for people to come together, but they did just the same.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry T'Bonz..hope this one works out

Rochette

I felt so bad for them and I felt very, very bad for the parents of the athelete. I'm a mom too, so I can imagine the pain she must be feeling.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010