Unwavering love (smack)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

:) Thank you so much! But I really do appreciate them! :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

interesting idea. I don't think I want her back alive though because I agree with whoever said it would be disrespctful. But flashbacks would rock.

3. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Thank you Asprine, Mel and all the readers! :)

Mel,
    Agreed. Although we don't know much about her, I believe she was a decent woman. Mac wouldn't marry her otherwise. :) Since my heart is on Mac/Stella relationship, it would be great if the TPTB could confirm her death. No disrespect, I just take it as a potential threat to my ship because official Mrs. Taylor is much powerful than the so call love interests to Mac.

Back to my store. Here's the update. :)

Part 15

Stella got into the bedroom after she had tucked the kids. She snuggled up to Mac in the bed, he was reading a book, and rested her head on his shoulder.
    Mac kissed her on the cheek. “How are they?”
    “They are good. You’re doing the right thing to ask Reed to stay. He’ll be safer staying with us. Did he tell you anything?”
    Mac put the book down on the nightstand. “He said the shooter was Claire.”
    “What?” Stella sat up and looked at her husband like she just seen a ghost. “What does it mean?”
    “He said the shooter LOOKS LIKE Claire. He’s pretty shaken up. He thinks his birth mother was trying to kill him and the twins. We’ll have his official statement tomorrow. He should be calm enough to give a more accurate description of what he had seen.”
    Stella didn’t response to Mac’s words. She just sat there and looking blindly at the wall.
    Mac moved closer to his wife and pulled her into his arms. “Hey, relax. Reed saw her from a distant and he was influenced by the shooting. He must be mistaken her as Claire. We know it’s a female shooter now. Danny and Hawkes will get her.”
    “I don’t know, Mac. What if Claire didn’t die? We didn’t find her remains. What if she wants you back? She shot the kids because you married me and we have kids now.” Stella’s eyes were so huge and filled with fear. “We have to stop her. You and me, we have to stop her from hurting the kids.”
    “Stella, you’re being irrational now. Claire was gone. I had looked for any chance or any sign that she might survive the tragedy. After years of trying, I had no choice but to accept the reality. You know I wouldn’t give up if there still any hope.” Mac kissed Stella on the temple. “Even though she’s still alive somewhere, she would never hurt any kids. Especially Reed, he’s her child. You and I would have to face a battle but she wouldn’t hurt our kids.”
    “She doesn’t know Reed. He looked for her after she was missing.”
    “Don’t let yourself slip into some ridiculous imaginations. You’re losing control when the kids are involved. We believe in evidence. Remember? Don’t get fluster.”
    “Can you blame me, Mac? You and the kids are all I have. I can’t let things happen to them. Promise me you wouldn’t let her hurt our babies.”
    “I would never let anyone hurt them, or you, or Reed. I promise.”
    ----------------------------------------
    Mac and his team were in the conference room. Danny was reporting what they had recovered from the crime scene.
    “We found two .38s match a robbery case two years back, a security guard was killed. Evidence of that case didn’t even lead to the names of the suspects, a man and a woman. We will look through that case and the evidence again to see if there’s anything useful.” Danny paused and looked at Mac, who nodded to agree. Then he continued. “We got a civilian accidentally captured our shooter at the background in his happy family video. That woman matches the description from Reed.” Danny walked to the computer and keyed in a command. Footage of a woman in black leather jacket, blue jeans and boots appeared on the screen. She was walking quickly out while tucking something into her purse. Danny hit the pause button and zoomed in the woman’s hand. Part of a gun butt was clearly visible.
    “Danny, zoom in her face.” Mac ordered.
    A close-up revealed more of the woman’s face although she was half turned to the left and wearing a pair of sun-glasses.
    A hint of uneasiness was hitting Mac. He stared at the screen speechlessly. Judging from Mac’s face, Stella knew his confidence in Claire’s death was started to waver. She felt a cold feeling rushing down her spine. It was like a nightmare came true.

4. MacsGirlMel

ack fix it!

I like the twin idea...

5. shell_kikii

Mel,
    Hmm...Claire's twin sister being criminal????????:lol:

Part 16

“OK, I have to admit she looks familiar but we only seen half of her face. And the shot is kind of blur. We shouldn’t jump into conclusion, Stella.” Mac was trying to talk Stella into senses. She was pacing in his office like a hungry lioness.
    “We have to find her ASAP. I don’t like this feeling. We must find her.” Stella was rubbing her arms to get rid of the cold feelings. “Damn, we only have the video and two bullets.”
    “We can’t work this case, Stella. Don’t interfere. Let Danny and Hawkes do their job.”
    “So we just sit here and wait? I don’t know how you can do that. I definitely can’t.” Stella turned to leave but Mac grabbed her hand.
    “Stella. Don’t be stubborn. I already assigned uniforms to guard Reed and the twins. We’re doing by the book.”
    “Mac, I know how sad you were when you couldn’t find Claire on that day. I know how hard you struggled through those few years. I don’t know what will happen to us if it IS Claire returns and wants some revenge. I don’t want to lose you, Mac. And our kids are in danger. That feeling’s eating my heart. I have to see her with my own eyes.” Quiet tears started to slide down Stella’s cheeks.
    Mac embraced his wife, not his partner even though they were in the office, kissed her on the forehead. “Right now, all we can do is to handle this case as a usual one. We shouldn’t presume anything before it’s confirmed. Danny will keep us posted.”
    Stella nodded quietly. She calmed down after taking a few deep breaths. She broke their embrace and wiped the tears away. “OK. We concentrate on our works.”
    Mac stayed late in the office. He was not working. His mind was unsettled. The image of the suspect stirred up all his memories of Claire. Her smiles, her words, her habits, her favorite food… He recalled the memory of their first date, the first time they make love, the engagement, the wedding… As a matter of fact, he didn’t spend enough time with his wife because of his work. Claire once joked that he was married to his work before he married her and Stella was the woman who occupied most of his time. The memories were so long ago but the images were so fresh in his mind. He wondered what their lives would be if that tragedy didn’t happen.
    Mac stood up and walked to the glass wall, looked up to the dark New York sky. There was one shining star, so bright and outstanding. Mac knew Stella was his star in the most desperate stage of his life. She gradually pulled him out of the darkness and built up a warm, sweet family with him. He loved her and their children with all his heart. All their happiness and peaceful live would be destroyed if it was Claire who had shot the kids. Deep in Mac’s heart he didn’t believe Claire would do it. Only she has been missing for over ten years, he didn’t know what to believe now.
    Mac understood Stella’s anxiety. This case might change their lives forever. He sighed heavily, took his coat and left the office.
    Stella lay wide awake in the bed. She knew Mac needed some solitude. His self-discipline and responsibility might overpower his emotion, but couldn’t stop his love for Claire. Stella didn’t blame him, she missed him. The bedroom was so cold without him.
    Stella got up and went to the sitting room, nestled in the couch. She looked around the place. She did a lot of thinking today and finally reached to a decision. She was ready if a battle’s coming. She would fight for what’s hers. She would never let anyone tear their family apart.
    Mac came home and found his wife in the couch. He bent down to kiss her on the top of her head but didn’t speak. Stella held his head with both hands and kissed him passionately. Mac was surprised at first, then he kissed her back while she pulled his coat off and undone his shirt buttons.
    “Stella. Slow down.” Mac said breathlessly.
    “Love me.” Stella started to kiss him again, didn’t give him any chance to say another word.
    Mac surrendered and followed her to the bedroom.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. MacsGirlMel

mmm nice :)

Come on,give us more info lol

7. shell_kikii

Thank you to Mel and other readers for reading! :)

Part 17

In the trace lab, Mac and Stella were analyzing some unknown substance they collected from a murder scene. Danny walked in rubbing his hands. “Guys, got something more in the video.”
    Mac and Stella followed him to the AV lab.
    Adam made a close-up to the suspect’s jacket pocket. “See this?” Adam pointed to a Chinese knot dangling outside the pocket. “This is a custom-made good luck charm. Usually, Chinese knots are knitted with red threads. What made this knot so special is a tiny pure gold thread is mixed in the red thread then knitted into a knot. Only one shop in China Town provides this product. Hopefully, you can track down the owner of this particular knot.”
    “You have the shop address?” Mac asked.
    “Here you are.” Adam gave Mac a print-out of the knot and the address.
    “Good. Danny, grab Hawkes and Flack. Once you get the suspect’s address, call me.”
    “Danny, this is your call. Stella and I couldn’t make the arrest. We’ll wait in the car. Be careful. She’s armed.” Mac patted Danny in his arm.
    “No problem, boss.” Danny looked around the vested officers. “OK. Let’s go.”
    Stella held Mac’s hand tightly while waiting in the car. She kept glancing back and forth between the front entrance of the building and her watch. Fifteen minutes was like forever to her. She got off the car when she saw Danny. He was shaking his head walking to them.
    “Next door said she cleared up the place two days ago, maybe right after the shooting. Hawkes and I will process the place. We’ll keep you posted.”
    “Damn.” Mac punched the car door. Stella couldn’t hide her disappointment too.
    Flack, Danny and Hawkes went to Mac’s office with some evidence.
    “Where’s Stella? “ Flack asked while taking out his note pad.
    “She wants to check on Reed and the twins. She’ll be right back. Fill me in.” Mac nodded at Flack’s note pad.
    “According to the landlord, our suspect is Gwen Matthews. Does the name ring a bell?”
    “No.” Mac shook his head.
    “She rented the place six months ago with her boyfriend Henry Sato. Sato moved out a week ago. Here’s the copy of her driver’s license.”
    Mac looked at the picture closely. The others looked at him nervously.
    “Mac, is she…?” Hawkes asked. Claire had visited the lab a few times but Hawkes hadn’t met her before. He was working in the ME office back then.
    “No. This is not Claire. Claire didn’t have a mole under her eye. This is Claire’s twins.” Mac exhaled the breath he had been holding so long. He was relieved.
    “Twins?” The others were surprised.
    “Not real twins. They were good friends at high school. I don’t remember her name. Their faces looked alike. They had the same hair cut, same clothes, wore the same make-up. People would mistaken they were twins. ”
    “You never see her before.” Flack asked.
    “No. I met Claire after she had graduated from the college. She told me about her. Their friendship ended because some kind of misunderstanding.”
    “We showed her picture to the witness from the cold robbery case. He confirmed our suspect is one of the robbers. We found her, we solve both cases.” Danny said.
    “We also found this under the desk.” Hawkes gave Mac a plastic evidence bag with a piece of paper inside.

8. MacsGirlMel

oooh I called it lol Okay 99% called it, they're not related twins

what's on the paper???

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  9. shell_kikii

Thank you, Mel! :)

Part 18

William and Sophia were playing animal chess in William’s room. Sophia was losing the game. She frowned when she was debating for the next move.
    “Sophia. You think too long.” William was impatient.
    “Shh…” Sophia stuck up a finger in front of her mouth. She jumped when the sound of Reed arguing with a woman came from the sitting room.
    Sophia rushed to the doorway. William pulled her back by grabbing her dress. “Wait.”
    They tiptoed to the sitting room and peeked into it. A woman was pointing a gun at Rhoda, their baby sitter. She was ordering Reed to go with her. Reed tried to convince her to release Rhoda.
    Sophia was shocked. William pulled her back to his room and locked the door quietly.
    “We should call Daddy but we don’t have a phone. What should we do?” Sophia said in a low voice.
    William looked to the window. It was locked. Through the window, he could see Mrs. Stanley, their neighbor, she was watering her flowers. William tore a piece of paper off his drawing book. He used a red crayon to write 911 as large as possible on it.
    “Sophia, hold the paper.” William jumped up and down waving his hands to get Mrs. Stanley’s attention.
    Mr. and Mrs. Stanley loved the kids. They would say hello to them whenever they saw them in the bedrooms. Mrs. Stanley’s smile froze when she saw the help note Sophia was holding. She hurried back into the house to get her husband. Mr. Stanley came back with a phone in hand. He got closer to the fence. William was pointing toward the room door and spoke ‘sitting room’ silently. Mr. Stanley called Mac immediately.
    Meanwhile, Mrs. Stanley opened her front door and peeked out. She was so excited seeing Stella talking to two uniform officers in a patrol car.
    “Thank god! Stella.” Mrs. Stanley gestured Stella to come with her.
    Stella was puzzled. She followed Mrs. Stanley to her backyard. Mr. Stanley told her everything. The kids jumped up and down inside the room when they saw their mother. Stella hushed them and blew a kiss to them. She thanked Mr. and Mrs. Stanley and told them to stay inside the house.
    Stella went back to the patrol car to get the officers. Together they drew their weapons and went to the house cautiously.
    Stella opened the door slowly and quietly. The suspect was focusing on Reed that she didn’t aware of Stella standing behind her. “NYPD. Drop your weapon.”
    The woman froze but didn’t turn.
    “I wouldn’t let you hurt Reed or my kids. Don’t make me hurt you. Drop the weapon.” Stella raised her voice.
    “Your kids? I only want Claire Conrad’s kid.” The woman said angrily.
    “You’re not Claire Conrad?” Reed asked in a trembling voice.
    “But you know her.” Stella added.
    “Claire Conrad stole my boyfriend. She knew I like him but still she took what she wanted. She had his baby but she gave him up.”
    “It’s not Reed’s fault. Why do you want to kill him? Who are you?”
    “No. It isn’t. But he caused Henry to leave me. He took all my money and left me. When I found out who Reed Garrett really is, I want revenge. He has to pay for what he and his mother did to me.”
    “Who is Henry?”
    “Henry is her boyfriend.” Mac answered Stella’s question when he entered the house. “Henry Sato and she, Gwen Matthews, they changed their job into fake stone selling scam after they had killed a security guard in a robbery two years ago. Reed steps on their toes when he reports the crime. He exposed their M.O. and their forged diamond grading certificates to the public. Hawkes found a printout she downloaded from Reed’s blog.”
    Mac walked slowly to Reed pointing the gun at Gwen. “It’s over now. The house is surrounded. If you surrender and lead us to Henry Sato, I can talk the DA to offer you a deal.”
    Gwen gave up and threw the gun onto the floor after two minutes of calculation. Stella cuffed her. One of the officers took her out to the squad car.
    Stella hugged a shaking Rhoda. “I’m sorry. Rhoda. Are you hurt?”
    “No.” Rhoda took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Mrs. Taylor. She got me at the bus station. She forced me to get her through the officers outside the house.”
    “Everything’s fine now. Go wash your face and have some water. I’ll take you home.” Stella went to Mac, who was comforting Reed.
    “Reed, are you doing OK?” Stella kissed him on the cheek.
    “Yeah. I just don’t know if I were relieved or disappointed. But I’m fine, really.” Then he realized his little brother and sister were still in the bedroom. “Oh, we should get William and Sophia. Hope we didn’t scare them too much.”
    “Right.” Stella said.
    They hurried to William’s room. William opened the door. They saw a animal chess set was on the floor. Sophia was debating her next move. Obviously, the twins were playing chess while the adults pointing guns in the sitting room.

10. MacsGirlMel

I'm glad he's alive, but I hope he's okay afterward

11. shell_kikii

Dear Mel,
    Thank you! As I said before, there's always a happy ending in my stories. :lol: I think Reed would be OK although not knowing his own mother is like missing part of his heart. Fortunately, Mac and Stella are kind to him. :)

12. shell_kikii

Hi everyone! Sorry for late update. (Something urgent came up.) Here's the last part. Thank you again for reading! :)

Part 19

“Stella.” Mac waved Stella to get into his office.
    “What?” Stella sat down in one of the chairs.
    “Reed and Rhoda want to take the kids to a movie tonight. Is that OK?”
    “O…K…!” Stella was puzzled. Usually, Reed would tell her himself if he had any plans with the twins.
    “I’ve reserved a table at your favorite Italian restaurant at 7.” Mac smiled.
    “This is strange. You’re the planner now? It’s usually my job.” Stella teased.
    Mac grinned.
    “OK. I’ll pick you up.” Stella got out with a big grin.
    Mac was holding Stella’s hand, enjoying a glass of wine at the Italian restaurant.
    “Can you tell me what we are celebrating, Mr. Taylor?” Stella asked in a flirty tone.
    “You’re so beautiful with that expression.” Mac caressed the back of her hand with his thumb.
    Stella laughed. “OK. I surrender. What’s in your mind?”
    Mac smiled. “I’m thinking…another honey moon.” He took an envelope out from his pocket and handed to Stella.
    “What’s this?” Stella took the envelope and opened it. There were two air tickets.
    “Greece?” Stella didn’t believe her eyes. “We are going to Greece?” She covered her mouth with her hand. Then she realized it was not easy for both of them to leave the lab at the same time. “But, how could we…?”
    “I’ve talked to the Chief. He said we could have our two weeks vacation if I could find someone capable to take charge of the lab.”
    “You did?” Another surprise.
    “Yeah. I invited a friend to help. Plus our team members are efficient and experienced. I believe we could enjoy our holidays.”
    “The kids are not going with us?” Stella was not sure she could leave the twins behind for two weeks long.
    “We’ll take them with us when they’re older. This time, Rhoda will stay with them at our house. Flack and Danny promised to check on them everyday. They’ll be fine.”
    “You have all the details planned, haven’t you?” Stella was touched that Mac had got into so much trouble to arrange for their second honey moon.
    “Honestly, the Matthews case recalled all my memories of Claire. The only one thing that I owed her is time. Works consumed most of my time but she never complained. And then she was gone. I don’t have the chance to make up to her. I couldn’t even give her a proper funeral.” Mac blinked back his tears.
    “It haunts all of us. You feel guilty for not being there for her. Our kids and I afraid maybe someday we’ll lose you. Reed’s life would never be completed not knowing his birth mother.” Mac’s pain was so sharp that it stung Stella as well.
    “I was thinking we spent most of our time together as working partners. We need some time simply as husband and wife, some special time to make our marriage more memorable.” Mac held Stella’s hand again.
    “What can I say except I love you? I love you so much, Mac.” Stella’s tear welled up in her eyes.
    “I love you, Stella.” Mac leaned forward to kiss his wife on the lips.

13. MacsGirlMel

awwww nice :)

14. Stell

Stell Victim

I love this story <3
    I like Stella and Mac, which you create. They are... I don't know, how I can say it... Real? Expected?
    I want more yours stories about S&M ;)