Unwavering love (smack)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Jan 6, 2009.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Mel,
    Does it more reasonable if they recognized their hearts before getting together? :)

Asprine,
    :lol: :lol: Mel's the impatient girl and you're the question girl.:lol: :lol:
    Actually, they almost kiss but interrupted by Flack. :)
    I don't know yet. :lol: :lol:
    To me, it's quite special. I hope you would like it. :)
    We all know Mac is a workaholic. :) Stella definitely knew he would forget everything when he work.:)
    I agreed with your other points. They're what I try to say. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Eh? I guess I'm too eager about Mac and Stella kissing. :lol: I can ask billions and billions of questions when it comes to Mac and Stella. :guffaw:I don't even notice that.. It's nice. The time they spent together and those lovely moments they had shared together. :adore:

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

So get them recognizing it already lol they need to quit with the denying already

4. shell_kikii

Thank you Asprine and Mel, and all the other readers! :)

Part 5

Mac was working at his desk. Someone put a bottle of water onto his desk. Mac looked up.
    “Sid? What can I do for you?”
    “Just taking a break. I figured you should use some time out too.” Sid sat in one of the chairs.
    It was unusual. Sid didn’t need a break in Mac’s office. “Is everything alright?” Mac asked.
    “Yeah, yeah. Where’s Stella?” Sid turned to look outside.
    Mac put his pen down. “We don’t share an office. You know that. Now, would you tell me what you’re thinking?”
    “I don’t see you two working together lately. I miss the chemistry between you.”
    “Chemistry.” The word reminded Mac Stella’s face the other night he said it.
    “Yeah. I miss the quiet communications between you two, the little smiles, the shoulders bumping, fingers brushing…”
    “Sid!” Mac raised his eyebrow, a warning sign.
    Sid cleared his throat. “Sorry. My point is you two have similar thinking patterns and same passions for work. But things changed recently. Every time I saw either one of you in these two weeks, it was like I’m talking to a robot. Mac, I may not work along you but I know the unique bonding between you two is under some tests. I don’t know what and I don’t know why. You’re my friends. I think I should share a piece of my mind before something bad happened.”
    Mac leaned back on his chair and sighed. “I think we need some spaces but things don’t turn out what I’ve expected.”
    “Mac, you’re a great leader. You’re smart at work but a little slow in personal relationship. As a bystander, I noticed the thing between you years ago. You should ask your heart what you really want, and what she really wants. You wouldn’t mix it up with work when you two have the same goal. Stubbornness could kill.”
    “I know. Thank you, Sid!”
    Sid stood up. “OK. I should be back to work. See you when I see you, two of you.”
    Mac took a sip of water and sunk into deep thought.
    ----------------------------------------
    Brad and Stella were attending a party at Brad’s grandmother’s house. There were Brad’s family members and business partners. They were friendly but Stella didn’t share their passions for business. She went out to the terrace for some fresh air.
    “Miss Bonasera. Why are you out here alone?” It was Mrs. Kingsley, Brad’s grandmother.
    “Mrs. Kingsley.” Stella smiled. “I’m admiring your garden.”
    “It’s Laura.” Laura Kingsley joined Stella at the railing. “I planted those flowers myself. They are all I have when the boys grown up and left. I raised them after my son and daughter-in-law died in a boat accident.”
    “Brad told me about that. You raised two wonderful men, Laura. They have success business. And the most important thing is they love you.”
    ‘You’re a police officer, aren’t you? You must find the businessmen are boring. That’s why you prefer to admire my garden alone.” Laura laughed. “Do you know why Brad brought you here?”
    “Huh?” Stella was puzzled.
    “He wants my approval.” Laura said proudly. She could see Stella was even puzzled. “On you.”
    “What? We are just friends! There must be some misunderstanding.”
    “I know. I knew it from your eyes. But my boy is deeply in love with you, he couldn’t see it.”
    “We’ve been friends only two months. How could he deeply in love with me?”
    “You don’t believe in love in first sight?”
    Stella didn’t answer right away. She took a deep breath and smile bitterly. “I do.”
    Laura straightened up. “You have someone.”
    “Yes, but he doesn’t share my feelings.” Stella didn’t dare to look at Laura. She afraid she couldn’t control her tears.
    “Did you tell him?”
    “No.” Stella shook her head.
    “Why not? You should tell him. How could you so sure he doesn’t love you in return? Even though he doesn’t love you, you would feel better by telling him. Loving someone is not a shame.”
    Stella’s tears slid down quietly. She wiped it away with the back of her hand. Laura held her tightly. “Stay strong, sweetheart!”
    “Thank you, Laura! How I wish I could have a grandmother like you.”
    “Marry Brad then.” Laura laughed.
    Stella broke into laughter.

5. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Aw.. Kikii made Asprine's tears formed. :lol: Even others can see the strong chemistry between them why they couldn't see it themselves.. :rolleyes: I believe Brad shall understand if it comes to Stella's denial to his feeling. Brad had a wonderful grandmother, she's understanding, and Brad respected her as he brought Stella home for approval. I think the elders have more experience than the adults. ;)

6. MacsGirlMel

no marry Mac lol

7. shell_kikii

Asprine,
    My eyes were wet when I wrote that part. It's really sad when you have no one but to confess to a totally stranger. :(

Mel,
    Of course she would marry Mac. :lol: That's our SMacked. :)

Thank you for the reviews. Here's the update.

Part 6

The weather was unstable lately. It rained heavily in the last few days. Mac and Stella were walking out of a crime scene under an umbrella.
    “Are you going home?” Mac asked.
    “Of course I’m going home. Where should I go otherwise?”
    “I think you might have plan with Brad.”
    “He’s in Jersey. He asked me to go with him but I declined.”
    “Why?”
    “You want me to go?” There was a hint of impatience in Stella’s voice.
    “No. I think…”
    Stella stopped abruptly and glared at him.
    “What?” Mac could tell from her face that she was pissed.
    “You think this, you think that. Why don’t you think what I think?” Stella was furious.
    Mac didn’t expect her sudden outburst. He was stunned.
    “You think I better off with Brad. You think I didn’t have any chance in these years that you have to PUSH me to your friend. You think if you ignore what happened between us, it would just vanish. Why don’t you think why I’m staying? Why don’t you think who I’m waiting for?” Tear drops started to sneak out from the corners of Stella’s eyes then became streams rolling down her cheeks. “You’re dodging me these three weeks. You’re a coward, Mac Taylor.” Stella walked out to the rain.
    Mac grabbed Stella’s arm. “Stella!”
    Stella slapped his hand away. “It’s fine if you don’t want me. Just don’t push me to another man. I’m satisfied to be your friend and partner. I never ask for more. If you tell me to go away, I would disappear in a blink.” Stella started to walk away but Mac pulled her back and wrapped her tightly in his arms.
    Stella clutched the front of Mac’s shirt tightly. She cried all her frustration and anger out. She had never feeling so lonely before. If the safe house was heaven, she was living in hell in the last three weeks. There was always a reason for Mac to keep her in a distance. She saw him everyday but she missed him even more.
    Mac brushed her back lightly until she calmed down. Then he slowly lifted her head by the chin and kissed her on the lips with all his longings, all his love. They didn’t care the rain pounding on them or the passer-bys watching them. All they cared was each other.
    Stella got out of the bathroom drying her hairs with a towel. She was wearing one of Mac’s old T-shirts. She went to the couch and sat down snuggling up to Mac. Mac put a hand around her shoulders and combed her wet hairs with another hand.
    “Feeling better?” Mac said.
    “No. I feel want to punch you in the face. You made me so embarrassing.” Stella pouted.
    “Guilty. How could I make up to you?”
    “You think everything could be made up, huh? Only you are lucky enough to have another chance.”
    “Alright. Do I have the chance, madam?” Mac knew he would get into a bigger trouble if he argued with a pissed Stella Bonasera.
    “Maybe. Maybe not. I’ll let you know later.” Stella smiled finally.
    “OK. I’ll wait patiently for the conviction.” Then he changed the subject. “You want me to talk to Brad?”
    “For what?”
    “Basically, I told him we’re nothing more than friends. He doesn’t need my permission to go after you. But the situation changed. He deserves an explanation.”
    “He told me what you said and what he wants from me. I said I like him as a good friend but that’s all I could do. He’s a good man, actually. Just not my type.” Stella poked Mac in his ribs. “You really think I couldn’t control my own live?”
    “I thought Brad could give you something that I couldn’t. But I was wrong. I was strangling both of us in the past three weeks. I was going to tell you I want you back earlier today. I don’t care for anything else but you.” Mac kissed her on the temple. “I nearly ruined everything, I’m sorry.”
    “You’re lucky I didn’t waver.” Stella looked him in the eyes.
    Mac put a hand behind Stella’s neck and pulled her closer. His lips lingered over hers. Then he tasted her bottom lip lightly. Stella held him by the waist. They shared a long, desirous kiss. “This is what I wanted to do the other day in the safe house.” Mac whispered on Stella’s lips.
    “Is that all you want to do?” Stella kissed him and pulled him slowly down onto the couch.

8. cat99

cat99 Hit and Run

Nice Mac :adore: and Stella:adore: in love.:)

9. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

The beginning of the chapter made my tears formed non-stop. It's sooo true! He kept pushing Stella to someone else. It's just like Drew. He told Stella to give it a try. Did he even know how dangerous some guy it is.. :wtf: They kissed under the rain.. That's sooo romantic.. *Faints* I'd love to have that on the series someday. Aw.. What happened after that? :adore: Thank you! I love this..

10. MacsGirlMel

mmmm :devil: I'd love to know what's next hehehe

11. shell_kikii

Thank you cat99, Asprine and Mel!

Asprine,
    I don't mind if they borrow my whole kissing in the rain scene. :) I think it would be much powerful with Gary and Melina performing. :adore: :adore:

Mel,
    Here's the what's next. Hope you like it. :)

Part 7

“It’s freezing.” Stella said while she was walking to the crime scene with Flack and Mac.
    “3 inches of snow overnight, sleet in the morning. You want to be careful with the slippery ground.” As soon as Flack finished the sentence, Stella lost her balance and dropped her kit. Flack grabbed her by her elbow. “Wow!”
    “Oops.” Stella couldn’t regain her balance. She laughed and put both her hands on Flack’s shoulders.
    “OK. OK. I got you.” Flack steadied her by holding her waist. They stayed at the spot for a minute, laughing hard.
    Mac picked up Stella’s kit but didn’t take his eyes off the two.
    Flack picked Stella up and walked to the house. “You gained weight lately, Stell.”
    “You’re lack of practice, Don.” Stella patted Flack’s cheek when he put her down.
    Mac went directly to the victim in the bedroom. Stella followed. Flack stayed back to get information from the first officer.
    “Are you OK?” Stella asked Mac.
    “Yeah.” Mac started to put on his gloves. Stella frowned.
    “You’re not jealous, are you?” Stella was amused.
    “I just think it was inappropriate at a crime scene.” Mac said coldly.
    “Come on, Don just helped me. There was nothing inappropriate. And we were outside the crime scene.” Stella turned Mac to face her and kissed him hard on the lips. “Now, this is inappropriate.”
    Flack cleared his throat at the doorway. “I do all the hard works but he got the rewards.”
    Stella blushed. “I go check the kitchen.”
    Flack grinned at Mac. “I did that on purpose. I just wondered how long you could stand.”
    “Well, I was debating whether to throw a huge snow ball onto your back.” Mac smiled.
    “What would you pay me to keep your secret?” Flack said with an even bigger grin.
    “If you noticed something, there’s no reason my team doesn’t have a clue. I’ll appreciate if you could keep it to yourself for now. We’ll tell the others at a good timing.”
    “Don’t stall. You know sometimes things just slip out of my mouth.” Flack chuckled. Then he put a hand on Mac’s shoulder. “Seriously, I’m happy for both of you. Lucky guy.” Flack gave Mac a thumb-up and turned to leave.
    “So, what is this gathering thing? Mac never invites all of us to his place before.” Danny asked Lindsay while they were heading to Mac’s apartment with Hawkes, Adam and Sid.
    “I have no idea. Do you think we should at least bring a bottle of wine?” Lindsay said.
    “We don’t even know what he’s cooking. How do we know what kind of wine to go with it?” Sid said. “Where is Stella? She should know something.”
    “Today’s her day off but she’ll come.” Lindsay said.
    Flack arrived at the same time they were outside the building. He was holding a bottle of champagne.
    “Hey, what’s the champagne for? You know something we don’t?” Danny flung an arm on Flack’s shoulders.
    Flack shrugged and grinned. “It’s not my place to answer your question.”
    “Alright. Let’s find out the answer.” Danny rubbed his hands and got into the building.
    Mac opened the door for them. “Welcome, guys.” Flack handed him the champagne and winked.
    “You’re so considerate, Don. Thank you.” Mac smiled.
    “Hmm. The place is clean and tidy for a single man, Mac. You should see Danny’s place.” Lindsay commented.
    “Hey! I have style. I bet he got a maid to do all the works. Right now, she’s cooking in the kitchen.” Danny made a gesture to the kitchen with his thumb.
    Stella got out of the kitchen holding two dishes of appetizers. “For the record, I’m not a maid.” Mac helped her to place the food onto the table. Stella took the apron off and put it on the arm of a chair.
    Mac held Stella to his side. She held Mac’s waist and rested her head on his shoulder. “You don’t necessarily need a maid if you have a good girlfriend.” Mac said with a satisfied smile.
    The team members’ jaws dropped. They knew something was different between the two since they came back from the safe house. They just didn’t expect they would hold a surprise party like this. Flack was the only one who enjoyed the drama. He was glad he kept his mouth shut until this moment.
    Sid recovered first. “Congratulations!” He shook Mac’s hand and hugged Stella. The others eventually came around and congratulated them.
    Mac opened the champagne. “Thank you, guys. I would like you to understand things remain the same in the lab. Works are works.”
    “Yeah, you two better behave yourselves.” Danny teased. Everyone laughed.

12. MacsGirlMel

hehehe love it :)

13. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Dear Kikii,
    You wrote a great chapter! :thumbsup: Full of humor and romance. I love the scene where Stella kisses Mac hard and says "Now, this is inappropriate". That's adorable and shall be Mac and Stella. I'm glad that the team finally know about their relationship. Though, they keep it professional at work. :) Love them!! :adore:

14. shell_kikii

Thank you Mel and Asprine! :) I'm glad you like it. :)

Asprine,
    I think it's very important for Mac to admit his new relationship with Stella and let the others know about it. It means he completely get out of his shell and move on. :) And it's Stella's reward for waiting so long. :)

Here's the update.

Part 8

“Welcome home, Detective Taylor!” Stella kissed Mac on the cheek and took his coat off. “How’s the trial going in Miami?”
    “All three defendants are guilty.” Mac started to unbutton his shirt. “Oh, Horatio say hi. He invited me to stay tonight but I preferred coming home. Two days are more than enough to stay away from you.” Mac pulled Stella into his arms and kissed her.
    Stella broke the kiss. “You may want to take a shower before dinner.”
    “I want you before anything.” Mac deepened the kiss. Without breaking the kiss, he picked up Stella and moved to the master bedroom.
    Stella back down when she realized where they were heading. She brushed her hair and took a deep breath. “I can’t do that, Mac.”
    Mac rubbed the back of his neck. Then he took Stella’s hands and asked softly. “We’ve been dating over six months. You refused to use the master bedroom every time we make love. You slept in the guest’s room every time you stayed. You want to tell me why?”
    “It’s you and Claire’s room. You two had so many beautiful memories in there. I can’t…I…I just can’t. I know she’s gone but we didn’t find her remains. I want to show her some respects.”
    “I believe she wouldn’t want me to sleep alone the rest of my life. She would be happy if the woman sleeps in her bed is you. Trust me, there’s no one she would’ve approve except you.” Mac kissed her on the forehead. “Or you want me to sell this house and buy another condo?”
    “NO, of course not. I know you love her. I have no objection to that. I have no intention to change anything here.” Stella held him tightly and rested her head in his chest. “Please, Mac. Give me some time.”
    Mac understood Stella’s doubt. He wished he could find a way to comfort her.
    “Alright, Mac. Can you tell me where we are going now?” Stella asked when they were walking in the street. Her eyes were closed as per Mac’s request.
    “Almost there. Be patient, Stella. We’re going into an elevator now. No peeping.”
    “What’s the surprise? Today’s not my birthday. I don’t know you’re a playful guy. Come on, give me some hints.”
    Mac held both of her hands when they stepped out of the elevator. “You can open you eyes now.”
    Stella opened her eyes. “A roof top? Here is…? What are we doing here?”
    Mac kneeled down on one leg in front of Stella.
    “Mac, what are you doing? Are you alright?” Stella was surprised. Mac was acting weird today.
    Mac smiled and took out a little box from his pocket. He opened the box. There sat a ring. He offered the ring to Stella. “I love you, Stella. Would you marry me?”
    Stella didn’t know what to say. This was beyond all her expectations to a date.
    “Stella, would you marry me?” Mac asked again.
    Stella covered her mouth and nodded. Her tears fell. Mac put the ring on her finger. He straightened up and kissed her deeply.
    "Why here, Mac?” Stella asked.
    “I got engaged to Claire here. I know you’re not comfortable with the tiny doubt of her death. So I want Claire to be our witness. I want her to know I have found my love again. I would never forget her but you’re my love the rest of my life.”
    Stella touched Mac’s face. Then she looked up to the sky and whispered. “Claire, if you are watching us, I promise you I’ll take care of him.”
    “We take care of each other.” Mac said and then kissed her again.

15. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

That's what makes them Mac/Stella a perfect couple. Even when they're still best of friends, they are bold enough to confront each other on their problems. One question and a straight and honest answer without going a round about. Most importantly, they solve it together as one. *Jumps around*. They're going to be married! :adore: The team will be very happy to hear about it! :) Mac is such a sweet guy. They are both lucky to have found each other to spend the rest of their lives with. :adore: