Unwavering love (smack)

Dear Mel and Asprine, (hug tightly) Thank you so much for your long time support! :)
cat99, although you are new to me, thank you for your support too! :)

Part 9

“Are you kidding me? Your little gadget chose this moment to shut down?” Danny yelled.
“I…I can fix it. It’s a high-definition digital video machine, by the way. Not a gadget.” Adam was all flustered.
“I know, I know. Just don’t screw-up.” Danny was impatient.
Mac laughed and patted Danny on the shoulder. “You’re not helping yelling at him. Calm down. It’s my wedding, not yours.”
“I know. It’s just so incredible we could actually attend your wedding all together. There’s always works. But today? Like the whole world chose to do the right things.”
“Yeah. I’m glad all of you could attend the ceremony, Danny. Listen, you guys have to stay focus and help each other when Stella and I are not around.”
“No problem, Boss. Too bad you only have three days for honeymoon, huh?”
“Many things are important than honeymoon.”
“We wouldn’t bother you. I promise.” Danny grinned.
“OK.” Adam fixed the video machine and happily recording the activities in the church.
There were about two dozens of guests, the team members and some close friends of Mac and Stella. Flack, the best man who stood by Mac’s side, was as handsome as a movie star. Danny was busy instructing Adam to record the important moments. Lindsay and Hawkes were watching the excited Danny and nervous Adam amusingly. Sid would be the one to walk Stella down the aisle.
The organ played. Stella waltzed in with one hand in Sid’s arm, the other hand holding a bouquet of white lilies. Everyone was attracted to her beauty. She was in a low-cut wedding gown with long beaded tail. Her curly hairs were pinned into rose buds gathered on the top of her head, surrounded by tiny crystal flowers.
Sid kissed Stella lightly on the cheek. He shook Mac’s hand before giving him Stella’s hand. The new couple smiled to each other then turned to face the priest.
After the vows reciting, Flack was supposed to give Mac the rings. He patted on his jacket and trousers pockets but couldn’t find the rings. The guests murmured. Danny and Hawkes stood up and ready to help. The new couples just smiled and waited patiently. Flack finally gave up and shook his head with a smile. He took the rings out from his back under the waistband. Mac took the rings and gave Flack a ‘I knew it’ look.
Mac kissed his wife after the priest announced them husband and wife.
Brad approached and shook Mac’s hand. “Mac, although I was hurt, I have to admit you’re a perfect couple. May I kiss your bride?”
“A friendly kiss on the cheek wouldn’t do any harm.” Mac smiled.
“You don’t need to be so mean.” Brad laughed loudly.
Stella leaned forward and pecked Brad on his lips. “Thank you, Brad.”
----------------------------------------
Mac and Stella were outside their new home. It was Mac’s idea to have some minor renovations on his apartment. It once was Claire and Mac’s home. Although Stella didn’t mind, Mac thought he should at least show some respects to her since she’s his wife now. Her characters should be shown in their home.
Mac opened the door, Stella was ready to get inside but Mac scooped her up and went inside.
Stella giggled. “Nice, Mr. Taylor!”
“I can do it everyday if you like, Mrs. Taylor.” Mac kissed his wife. He kicked the door closed and carried her straightly to the master bedroom. He gently laid her in the bed and started kissing her all over again.
“Today’s a wonderful day.” Mac brushed Stella’s hair tendrils away and looked her in the eyes. “I would never admit I love you a year ago. I’m glad you made me realized how mad I’m in love with you.”
“You want to make me cry at our wedding night with those sweet talks?”
“I would never make you cry. From now on, you and I will have a happy family.”
“Hmm. I need a shower before we make a family.” Mac’s shirt buttons were undone as Stella’s fingers brushed pass them. “You may want to join me.”
“I’m at your service, madam.” Mac kissed her once more.
Stella got up and went to the bathroom holding Mac’s hand.

hehehe nice :)
I wonder if they had the wreaths on the head...I don't know much about Greek stuff but that's a part of the weddings. I now wonder about Lynn's stories too lol

Mel,
I don't know about Greek wedding too. I learnt from the show that both Mac and Stella are Catholic. You can consider Stella's tiny crystal flowers around her hair as a wreath if you like. :)

Thank you Mel and cat99! :) Here's the update. :)

Part 10

“Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Detective Taylor.” Flack smiled at his friends.
“It’s Detective Taylor and Bonasera.” Mac corrected him but couldn’t hide his happiness.
“What do we have, Flack?” Stella asked with arms akimbo.
“You’re looking at Erica Campbell. Her boyfriend found her. And…” Flack looked at Stella uncertainly.
“What is it?” Mac asked.
“Her baby was drowned, in the bathroom.” Flack pointed to the bathroom with his pen.
“What?” Stella walked to the bathroom quickly. There was a baby at the bottom of a tub full of water. Stella covered her mouth. “Oh, my god!”
“I want to take her out but I know you wouldn’t like it.” Flack added.
“Stella. Take the mother.” Mac took off his coat, rolled up the shirt sleeves and put on his gloves calmly.
“No, Mac. I can handle this.” Stella couldn’t take her eyes off the baby.
Mac stepped in front of Stella, squeezed her arm lightly. “Go. Take the mother.”
“OK.” Stella left the bathroom reluctantly.
Mac knew Stella was feeling sorry for the baby victim in the Campbell case. He went home earlier than usual. It was so quiet in the house and the lights were off. Mac switched on the light in the sitting room. Stella was sitting in the couch with a glass of red wine in hand.
“Stella. Why are you sitting in the dark?” Mac stood behind the couch. He massaged Stella’s shoulders and kissed the top of her head.
Stella kissed the back of Mac’s hand. “It’s so unfair, Mac. Why killed an innocent baby?”
Mac went to sit beside his wife and pulled her into his arms. “I know it’s difficult for you when little kids are involved in the cases.”
“Babies are gifts. We’ve been trying to have our own baby since we are married. I would pay anything in exchange for a baby, even my life.”
“Hey, we are only married four months. We have a lifetime to welcome our babies.”
“Lifetime?” Stella laughed. “You want me to have baby when I’m a granny myself.”
“Why not? We’ll have a lot of children.” Mac put her glass on the coffee table and started to kiss her. Stella surrendered to her husband’s passion and forgot all about the case.
Lindsay walked into the locker room. Stella was sitting on the bench holding a package of pregnancy testing kit.
Lindsay was excited and rushed to the side of Stella. “Oh my god! Stella, you are pregnant.”
Stella showed her the sealed box. “I don’t know yet. I’m scared to take the test, Lindsay. What if I failed again? I desperately want a kid with Mac but failed in the last few months. What if I couldn’t conceive?”
“Did you talk to Mac?”
“We talked briefly. I know we have other options to have a kid. But I really want to give birth to my own kids.” Stella’s tears started to fall.
“Hey. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.” Lindsay smiled and squeezed Stella’s hand. “Take the test. Then talk to Mac. So far I’ve never seen anything that could defeat our Mr. and Mrs. Taylor.”
“Thank you, Lindsay. Wish me luck.” Stella went into the toilet.
“Mac, I need you to read this report.” Stella smiled sweetly.
“What report is that?” Mac opened the envelope. “An ultrasound image? What…”
Stella gave him an assured smile.
Mac stood up abruptly that he almost kicked off his chair. He went to his wife and held her tightly.
“I know we are in the office but I can’t wait till tonight. I…” Stella’s words were swallowed by Mac’s passionate kiss.
“Hey guys, I told you to behave yourselves.” It was Danny stood by the doorway.
“Can you blame me, Danny? We’re going to have twin babies.” Mac couldn’t hide his happiness.
“Twins! Man, you two are good at everything.” Danny was happy for them.
“Calm down, Mr. Taylor. You wouldn’t be so excited when they cry together.” Stella said.
“Why? Crying is good for the lungs.” Mac kissed his wife once again.
“Alright. I’ll come back later.” Danny left shaking his head.

Kikii, i LOVE so much this story :D I have noticed you build the whole background in all your stories (the case, scenes with the rest of the team, etc) and it makes them so powerful!

i truly liked how you wrote the whole "You think, you think" Stella's speech. It shows how sensitive is Stella and how sensitive is Rambo Stella too :D

Also Flack's comment
“I do all the hard works but he got the rewards.”
cracked me up!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I felt bad for Brad and Mac is OUR Mac:lol:

The best:you write twins for them. I guess you should open a beting poll. Two boy? two girls?one and one?:drool:

I love, like, enjoy this story:bolian:

Debbie :D

ps: I won't never see again a shaving cream without thinking those days in the safe house:eek:

ps2: I wish i could be a producer to film this story NOW:bolian:

Mel,
Are you channeling Linda?
Thank you Mel! :) Sorry my English not good enough to understand 'channeling somebody'. :lol: Hope it doesn't mean I copy her idea. :lol: I know she wouldn't like it. And if I did, it was an coincident. :lol:

Debbie,
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :) Sometimes I wonder if my stories were too detailed and maybe a bit boring. :lol: Anyway, they are my imaginations only and I hope we could see something really good for Mac and Stella in the show very soon. :)

You can bet your stories are NOT boring at all. I love details. It's a whole episode what i'm reading. I really enjoy it :D

Debbie :D

Shell it just means are you taking lessons from Linda
sorry lol

Where'd they say Stella was Catholic? Just curious

Dear Kikii,
Ahhh!! I didn't even notice that I missed 2 chapters. I just have myself formatted together with my desktop. :lol: Really sorry, Kikii. I'll have it further review soon since I'm still fixing my desktop. :)

Debbie,
Thank you so much! You're so sweet! :)

Mel,
:lol: No sorry needed, dear! I was simply don't understand the word. No other meanings. :) Like I said, coincidents happened. :) I think it was "Three Generations are enough".

Asprine,
Take your time. It's really frustrated when your PC didn't function. :)

Part 11

“I think you would buy two pieces in different colors of every item.” Mac said when he and Stella were buying baby clothing.
“No. I think every baby should have its own characters. I don’t want uniforms. We’re not in the Marine.” Stella laughed.
Mac put a little dress on his palm. “It’s amazing. They are so tiny when they’re born, then they will be stronger and taller year after year.”
Stella took the dress. “And suddenly one day, your little baby will tell you she’s going to marry someone and…”
Mac laughed and made a surrender gesture. “Please. Stop there. I’ll get both prenatal and postnatal depression otherwise.
Stella laughed hard.
“Give me that, bitch!” A man shouted at the other end of the shop. He was trying to snatch a handbag from a girl who was wearing the shop’s uniforms.
“No. That’s all I got. The school will kick me out if I don’t pay the fee today.” The girl was crying.
Mac approached flashing his badge. “NYPD. Let the girl go.”
“Back off. This is family affair.” The man shouted but didn’t stop.
“I said let her go.” Mac slowly put his hand on his weapon.
The man was even angrier. He took a knife out from his pocket. He pulled the girl into his arms and placed the knife at her throat. “Tell him to go away and give me the bag.” He pressed the knife so hard that it cut into the girl’s skin. She began to bleed.
Mac drew his weapon. The other customers hid behind the racks.
Stella came up to the man from behind pointing a gun at his temple. “Don’t make me pull the trigger. I don’t want to scare the innocents. Put down the knife and let her go.”
The man’s face turned pale instantly and dropped the knife. The girl sagged onto the floor. Mac replaced his weapon and cuffed the man. Stella helped the girl to stand up.
The other customers applauded. Someone had called 911 at some point. Two uniform officers arrived and took the man and the girl.
Mac took Stella’s hand. “I was scared the guy might hurt you when you suddenly appeared behind him.”
“I have a gun. All he got is a knife. Mac, I’m pregnant but I’m still a cop. I wouldn’t do something that might hurt our babies. Oops…” Stella jumped.
“What?” Mac was all tensed up.
“They kick me.” Stella laughed and placed Mac’s hand on her belly. Mac could feel a slight movement inside. Then either his son or daughter kicked him on his palm.
“Our young Taylors are tough.” Mac grinned.
“Of course. They are our babies.” Stella said proudly.
“Detective Bonasera?” A young woman called Stella when she was walking out of the building.
Stella turned and recognized her as the girl from the baby clothing shop. “Hey, how are you? Sorry, I don’t get your name.”
“Rhoda Harris.” The girl extended her hand. Stella shook her hand. “I want to thank you and your husband for saving me.”
“Oh, you don’t have to thank me. It’s our job. Are you doing OK? Who’s that man to you? Is he still threatening you?”
“He’s my step-father. It turned out he’s wanted for a murder case two years ago. He wouldn’t bother me now.”
“Good. Where’s your mother? I’m sorry. I don’t mean to pry. I heard you have to pay your own school fee.”
“Yes. I’m attending a nursing school. My mom passed away last year. My step-father doesn’t work at all. I have to work two jobs to pay the bills and my school fee.”
Stella felt sorry for her. “It must be very hard.”
Rhoda smiled cheerfully. “Not anymore.”
“Rhoda, you’re a brave young lady.” Stella patted her on the cheek. “When will you graduate from the nursing school?”
“I still have one year.”
“My twin babies are coming in September. Can I call you if I need help?”
“Sure. I’ll be happy to work for you.” Rhoda took a piece of paper from her handbag and wrote down her address and phone numbers.
“You take care.” Stella hugged her before she left.
“You too, Detective Bonasera. Thank you again.”

Back