TV Flops

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Calihan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

Arrested Development. It was actually the funniest show ever, but it got about 13 viewers.

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Showtime, that show was really funny, but it's kind of like The Butterfly Effect, it gave me a headache sometimes when I watched it! :lol:

Well, we're two of the 13, wonder where the other 11 are? :lol:

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I remember that show Fox show North Shore. It was cancelled & I remember is lost viewers due to the 2004 summer olympics & the fact that it was pitted up against CSI. I remember wanting Nicole & Jason to badly hook up in the end & when I found out the show was being canned I was choked :(.

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Maybe we should make this into a thread about shows that flopped, were cancelled (Will and Grace, Friends, That 70's Show) and so on.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

This one wasn't really a "flop", since it ran for four years, but I remember when La Femme Nikita was cancelled after the fourth season with many plot lines unresolved, the fans protested very loudly and so they did another 8 episodes to constitute a fifth season to resolve those plot lines. Loved that show.

6. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I hated to see That 70's Show go. I watched that through out High School and early into college, I was always a big fan of Hyde, played by Danny Masterson, and I believed that him and Jackie should have ended up together, but they stick her with Fez :mad:

7. RBC

RBC Coroner

Studio 60 isn't canceled yet, just shelved. It won't take long anymore though I'm afraid.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Umm... I was just wondering that thread title is about TV flops , which basicly means that shows got cancelled before they finished first season (or barely got thru first season)... So, personally, I don't think that shows that got their 2nd season or more belongs here. Because that means those weren't a flop.

My "sad to see flop" shows have been:

Michael Hayes
    Mr & Mrs Smith
    Under Suspicion
    Karen Sisco
    Firefly

9. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Don't know if this is considered a flop but I really liked the drama series Everwood it used to be shown in the U.K in the afternoon on ITV and I got really hooked on it and really wanted to see whether Ephram and Amy would overcome all their ups and downs and get it together. I know it got cancelled but ITV still won't show the last ever series, series 4, and it has been really bugging me as this was the last ever series and they won't reply to my emails any more. Grrrrr.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

another show that didn't make it very long was..

That 80's Show
    it was supposed to be like That 70's Show but obviously from the 80's. I'm not sure if it made it through one season
    I know Fox pulled it for a while then tried it again
    but it could have been good like That 70's Show but it just didn't make it....

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

Happy Hour. Cancelled like... first off the bat this Fall Season.
    Um. The show that aired between the LOST Hiatus. Daybreak.
    Joey.
    My big Fat Greek Life.

The list could go on.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yes I know. And Dominic Purcell is the reason I started watching Prison Break.

The one thing is if the networks are going to cancel a show it would be nice if they could at least make them like a long movie and wrap storylines up or at least give them a good sendoff.

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Ooh I remember that show! They actually have the episodes on DVD & I remember seeing them at Future Shop. Of course it wasn't gonna be as funny as the film it came from but still, I liked it. Ah well...

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I agree with Firefly. That show was truly awesome. But of course, Fox bounced it around and it lost viewers. It would have been cool if there had been enough of a fan outburst that Fox would have brought it back, like they did with Family Guy, but I guess that's not going to happen.

The other one that I really loved was Birds of Prey. Cool show and excellent cast.

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Oh! I remember Birds of Prey! I loved that show! Almost forgot about it. I also miss Dark Angel... although, I can't imagine NCIS without Michael Weatherly.