TV Flops

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Calihan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Hey, I remember that one. It also had Tracey Needham, right?
    Tracey was also in another "flop" that I loved: VR.5 with Lori Singer as Sydney Bloom and Micheal Easton as Duncan. It was about some virtual reality mind altering program and some sinister organization known as "the committee". It ended after 13 episodes with Sydney rescuing her mom from the VR7 coma she was stuck in, only to get herself locked in it. Damn, I loved that show - even though it was way too strange to understand at times. I've got most of the episodes on grainy vhs tapes.

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

The Evidence. I guess it sank in a sea of crime shows, but I really like it. I have all eight(?) episodes that were shown, but I'm forever curious if more than eight were made, and if they'll ever see the light of day?

3. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I LOVED this show..cant believe it got cancelled so quick :( I thought for sure it would last more than 1 season.

4. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Favorite flops:

"Snoops" from David E. Kelley, starring Gina Gershon and Paula Marshall as private investigators in LA.

"It's Like, You Know" about life in LA. The dialogue about high-speed freeway car chases being the LA equivalent to a "snow day" in other states was hilarious. :lol:

"Hope and Gloria" starring Jessica Lundy and Cynthia Stevenson.

"Savannah"
    "FastLane"
    "Michael Hayes"

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Reminds me of Cynthia's other flop that I liked, "My Talk Show," supposedly filmed in her own living room.

6. Cova

Cova Witness

I'll only mention the shows I was sad to see not given the chance to grow that were axed early on:

That 80's Show
    Harsh Realm
    The Lone Gunmen
    Hawaii

Hawaii though it came across probably as boring to some, I was sad to see this show get axed early on because it had one of my favorite actors Michael Biehn on the show in a lead role. :eek: :( I was hoping this would be a nice break for him so others could learn of this talented actor.

Shame about Harsh Realm and the way they ended it so abruptly, damn. I thought it had much promise.

Another great show that lasted shortly was the animated series The Critic. We got maybe, barely 2 seasons or so out of it? :confused:

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

For me, I couldn't believe that Commander-In-Chief lasted only one season! It really had so much potential and then suddenly it vanished without a trace. I never could understand why this happened. I really like Geena Davis as the first woman president of the United States and Donald Sutherland was an awesome antagonist as Allen's rival Nathan Templeton.

So much potential and it was all thrown away for no apparant reason.

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

A few more I used to watch:
    Misfits of Science - I believe Courtney Cox was in that one.
    My Sister Sam - with Pam Dawber & Rebecca Schaeffer. I think that ran for part of season 2 before it was pulled.
    Champs - (1996) with Timothy Busfield and Ashley Crowe. I liked this one. Those two starred together in the film Little Big League a couple years earlier and I thought they were great together.

Now that's one guy I can't stand - especially after hearing about the crappy way he treated Marg during the filming of Frame by Frame.

9. Cova

Cova Witness

I don't know him personally, but I think he's one of the many actors that Hollywood tends to often overlook and instead would rather follow more hip and up and coming stars. Hate me if you will but I think the guy has some talent. What happened anyway with him and Marg? :confused: Didn't know he was in that movie with Marg, I do only know of the one he did with her called Connundrum.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

It's the same movie. Sometimes it's titled Conundrum, sometimes it's titled Frame by Frame (don't know why). Here's one of the articles on the subject. He's not well liked by many. I know there were more at the time, all stating the same things. As the article states, Marg doesn't ever talk about that picture or say bad things about him (or Steven Seagal, whom she wasn't fond of working with either), she just doesn't talk about either of them and moves on to a different subject each time.

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got a question about that articles, it that Globe articles? If it, don't believer everything they said, they could make up lies about it.

If Michael Biehn is hard man to work with? I don't know much about him. He is a good actor, he use to play on the soap opera in the early '80, I think it Another World, I'm not sure. I didn't know he was in Arnold's movie Terminator, (If I can spell it right.)

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

There are three shows that I think got cancelled before their time was up:

1. 3lbs.
    2. The Evidence
    3. Commander In Chief
    I really liked all three of these shows. But I have no say in what the companies do, so I guess that I'll just have to live with it.

Just wondering, does anyone know if Fox's show "Standoff" will evr be back on? I liked it a lot but it was taken off back in like November and I haven't seen it since.

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

If you ask me, Vanished was great but cancelled too soon.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

another TV Flop was the third or fourth Law and Order spin-off
    Bebe Neworth was in it
    I don't think it lasted a season did it? I can't remember what is was called either :eek:

and
    the ABC show Brothers and Sisters with Calista Flockhart
    did that show make it a season?

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hmm... I think the law and order show was Trial by Jurry or something like that.