Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Not so much romatically involved more than sleeping together.

I think Ianto would have talked Jack out of it or would have tried to stop him, thus getting himself killed. Jack knew Gwen wouldn't do that, as she had known he was immortal for a while now, while Ianto had only just found out.

We've got "Captain Jack Harkness" airing here tomorrow night at midnight. And thus far no new rumours. I'm still prowlng the internet looking though. I've seen a video on YouTube for the filming of season 2 featuring James Marsters, and while you can't make out the words it looks intense. I can't wait.

2. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Oooooh...........'Captain Jack Harkness' I'm jealous...I love that episode, every little bit of it........always leaves me with a lump in my throat.......

3. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

Yay! Good news about Ianto. If Ianto got more screentime and Gwen got less, I'd be pretty happy with the new season.

4. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Some more spoilers for you, from a recent interview with John Barrowman. I've only taken the season 2 spoilers from it. The rest of the interview is about merchandise (and why there is none), JB on Doctor Who, and a little about kissing David Tennant (or not kissing, anyway). Onwards we go.

Note: Spoiler codes means I have to clump it. So you know, JB is John Barrowman, and AE is the interviewer.

AE: Are we going to see more of Captain Jack's past in series two of Torchwood? JB: Yes, you will. You will definitely. Without telling you what, there are things revealed in series three of Doctor Who that will be reiterated in the second series of Torchwood. AE: Freema Agyemen is joining the Torchwood cast this season? JB: Yes, Freema will be. She's coming to us from Doctor Who. AE: So season two then, do you get to have more fun? JB: Yeah, season two is going to be different; the humor will be back in Jack. The one thing that really struck people was his attitude — his carefree attitude, let's say — when he was on series one of Doctor Who. Russell T. Davies had to establish in series one of Torchwood the dark side of Jack because he had a lot of issues he had to resolve and questions that he wanted answered. In the course of series three of Doctor Who those questions are answered, so when he comes back to Torchwood he's a much lighter guy. Still determined at what he does, but more fun and likes to poke a little more fun. And, do a little more poking. AE: So how hot are the scenes for this season with James Marsters and you? JB: I know his quote about it and yes — you will have to finish yourselves off after you watch it. Let's put it this way: It took us twelve hours to film. AE: Would you like to see Captain Jack settle down with a nice man? JB: Captain Jack might settle down with a nice man in series two, but which man that will be I can't tell you. AE: So is the affair he had with Ianto last season still in the running? JB: I don't know … maybe. AE: How is Captain Jack's relationship with Owen this season? JB: Much better. They've resolved things and are having a good time together. Something happens to Owen in series two and it solidifies their relationship. Jack sees himself as something of a father figure to Owen. AE: I would like to see Jack and Owen hook up. That would be an interesting switch on the relationship. JB: Would you? Well you never know, it just might happen. One thing about all of the boys in Torchwood: we're all well balanced. We're all omni-sexual. We all realized the other day when we were changing that we were all “well proportioned” and we have decided that is a criteria for all males who come to the show. The girls have to have big boobs and the boys have to have big … egos. AE: John Barrowman you are naughty! Of course, I was kind of expecting you to be. JB: Of course I am! I'm honest. You could put whatever in print. AE: How many seasons will it take the entire Torchwood team to shag each other, since everyone got a bit of a start this last season? JB: Five. *Laughs* No, I think it'll happen before then. Some of the characters might die before then, though.

5. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

thanks Clarrisani I always love a good john Barrowman interview...there's another more random one that doesn't need to go behind a spoiler alert....just a little fun snippet here.

hehehe I can just see him falling flat on his face and collapsing into a giggling heap... :lol:

6. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Maybe that can be a DVD extra! A montage of shots that feature the multiple times JB has tripped over his coat and fallen flat on his face. And as a fun aside, they should include David Tennant because he's probably done the exact same thing. It's the curse of the long coat!

7. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Can't remember where, but I know I've read that the DVD set of Torchwood season 1 will be out in January for region 1 at a price of just under $80..WOW Here in England for me to buy season 1 of Torchwood on DVD would cost £75 roughly $150.It's unbelievable really the difference.. :confused:....I'll just have to wait for the region 1 release as I have a multiregion player, the savings will be worth the wait...

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

WTF? Shouldn't it be cheaper in England? Then again, I know American and British DVDs are cheaper than Australian DVDs. It's stupid, actually.

We're still waiting for the complete set release date here in Australia. Considering how much Channel Ten stuffed us around, most of us have resorted to downloading and/or are eagerly awaiting the complete box. We have the Part 1/Part 2/Part 3 releases coming out at the moment, but it'll be cheaper to buy complete.

9. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Yep, Torchwood in the UK on BBC dvd is released in 3 parts at a cost of £24.99 ($50) per part. It's daylight robbery considering the price of the region 1 complete season set.....

I bring more goodies......

Could James Marsters be coming back for more? SyFy Portal think so.The former primetime face of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” recently told fans at Dragon*Con in Atlanta that his one-time appearance on the “Doctor Who” spinoff might not be one time after all, according to TorchwoodTV. Marsters may return for a later episode this season, but the acrtor is not confirming anything until such an appearance is finalized with the powers that be.There has been a great deal of speculation over the details of Marsters’ character on the series, and also how he will fit in with the mysterious past of Capt. Jack Harkness (John Barrowman). The No. 1 theory, however, is that he will be a temporal agent (like Jack) with a past and an agenda of his own.“I cannot confirm or deny anything about my character on ‘Torchwood,’” Marsters told the convention crowd. “But I thought Spike was nasty … that was nothing. And they opened my eyes over in Wales, I gotta say. I mean at first I was all freaked out ‘cause this dude playing Jack, he’s like all sexy on the set and everything. And I didn’t really realize we’d be playing these Time Agent characters who’ll have sex with anything, like any thing with a hole! I’m serious.”

Had to put it all together so unfortunately it reads a little fast.

Edited to add spoiler and to give a heads up to UK viewers......Season 1 of Torchwood is being repeated on Friday nights at 9pm starting 14th September followed by Torchwood declassified at 9.50........yay Captain Jack's back on my screen where he belongs......

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Torchwood finishes here in a couple of nights, but we've got Jack on Doctor Who. "Utopia" aired before "End of Days", and many fans taped "Utopia" and are waiting for our [sarcasm]lovely midnight screening[/sarcasm] of Torchwood.

Between $32-$49 depending where you go for the different parts of Torchwood here. When the complete box comes out it should be around $95-$99, which works out cheaper really. Wish they'd hurry up and release it - I want the special features. On YouTube I saw a clip from the DVD extras with Gareth David-Lloyd doing the "Coffee Rap". Made my night.

11. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

A quick heads up to all the Brit fans......Torchwood re-runs are starting tonight on BBC3 at 9pm...lock and load the tv reminders....

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

So, how are the American's finding the show? Australia is getting the complete box set in December. What episode is America up to?

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

America is only up to CyberWoman (i think that's what it's called). Personally I think I need to watch a few more before I can say for sure if I like it or not.

14. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

"Cyberwoman" is pretty good. My favourite is "Countrycide", which is in two episodes time I think. "Small Worlds" should be next. I wasn't a fan of that one.

Anyway, I believe the season gets stronger as it goes on. You'll have to keep us updated on what you think, CSI_Watcher_8.

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Countrycide was what turned Torchwood from a 'yes I'll watch it' to an 'OMG I can't miss it!' fan.
    I think that season 1 overall is a bit hit and miss (mainly due to the underutilization of Ianto and the overutilization of Gwen), but hopefully S2 will rectify matters.