Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Clarrisani, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Gah! And here I was coming home to click the link too! Had a feeling it wasn't worksafe, so I was waiting to open it. PM me the link, NEGU! And if you're interested, I have a Doctor/Jack fic up on my LJ. Writing that pairing and Jack/Ianto these days. Contemplating Jack/Doctor/Master as well... you'll understand that if you've seen the season final of Doctor Who season 3.

Just a few hours until they air "Random Shoes" here. Not my favourite episode of Torchwood, but certainly different. Still wish it wasn't on at midnight, though.

2. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Really? You know, I don’t know well about the rules here and suddenly thought that maybe I might have disobeyed some rules. I PMed you. You’ll see it :lol:

I was just about to find some good fanfics of Torchwood. Haven’t read any of them yet. First, I need to see the final Doctor Who season3(thanks, I was wondering about like “who is the doctor and master”, confusing that I missed some again) and I’ll look for those soon!!

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

The Master has been around since the 70s and is reappearing. He's played by John Simm in the latest episodes, who is brilliant. And I PMed you back about those pics.

Yay! Any minute now "Random Shoes" will be airing here in Australia... it's just past midnight. Yes, I am tired. And yes, I still want to throw rocks through the windows of the Ten Network for putting it on at such an ungodly hour...

4. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Ungodly hour, I understand that. Heard the channel airing CSI does like that cruelty in my country, though I don’t see it through that way. And they’re mostly dubbed in Korean. I usually don’t like dubbing cause when you see foreign art works, you could feel their emotion through the voices. When it dubbed, its originality disappeared and it became somewhat different thing.

I’ve just seen final Doctor Who S3, but it was quiet serious more than Torchwood. I can hardly understand the plot of the story though I liked it. And here now I am, going to see the whole season3. I’ll talk about it later when I get through it :)

5. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Did you watch the entire last three episodes of Doctor Who S3? You have to see all three to understand what is happening. Although there are things I'm noticing in the rest of the series that makes it make more sense. You need to know Torchwood to get some of the in-jokes as well, and the last five episodes of Doctor Who S1 to get the whole "I was just saying hello" thing Jack does.

Hoping that Torchwood season 2 will mean Jack is more like he is on Doctor Who. He's the comedy on Doctor Who, and the angsty drama on Torchwood. It doesn't really line up.

6. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Wow, that’s so fineness :eek: I have just finished with ep3 S3. I’m gonna watch all of them including S1 last five episodes, but I’m a bit lazy person. I think It’s gonna take a while though it’s still the uni vacation. Thanks, Clarrisani!! It’s helped me :D

7. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Got another Torchwood fan here.....watched the lot on BBC3.....I have to admit to a lump in my throat at the 'Captain Jack Harkness' episode. There's a great site for info on all things Torchwood, including * spoilers screencaps and the like....

The Institute

I'm sure they're well into the filming of season 2 and it's scheduled for early 2008 (Jan/Feb) in the UK :D

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

There's a picture out for Torchwood season 2 that features Martha now. And Freema Agyeman's contract while on Torchwood states that she is not to be involved in any sex scenes. Oh, and there is word that there may be new relationships in the future for Owen and Ianto... and in that, they write girlfriend/boyfriend and never say what they will be. I'm intrigued.

Welcome Joolz.

9. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Wow, that site is AWESOME :D Saw the magazine about John Barrowman celebrating his civil partnership. Funny shots with his colleagues, and I noticed Gwen is fatting gradually. She should do something about that, otherwise we’re gonna see her fatten like that, running to save humankind.

New relationships with Ianto!! I rather think that means that they’re gonna give him more screentimes. And that might fuel his interaction with Jack. Good news!! About Owen though, I thought he might have been exhausted, because he consumed so much sexual energy in season1, you know. It's always so much to him, but they would handle it properly I guess.

I’m nearly up there. Tomorrow, I’m gonna see Jack in Doctor Who. I’m extremely excited!! At first, I confess it wasn’t much fun compared to Torchwood, but I watched in detail. And it's getting more fun as the show's going on. Doctor Who has its own value.

10. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Thanx for the welcome.......The site is great, isn't it...I'm hoping for a repeat of season 1 before season 2 airs. I'm deliberately NOT buying the DVD's cause anything released by the BBC seems to be so ludicrously overpriced.

11. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Yeah, hope so, Joolz :D

Just wanted to say I’ve just finished Doctor Who season3. Oh, God.. It’s totally unbelievable!! I’m definetly hooked on this.
    Then Captain Jack is the face of Boe? These plots are so tight!!

12. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

If you want to believe it. I don't. I think Jack was just giving the Doctor a hard time. After all, he asked first how and if he would age, then he springs the Face of Boe on the Doctor. Jack's just making the Doc paranoid. ;)

Oh, and Joolz, BBC DVDs are cheap for me. If you want overpriced, check out the price of Australian DVDs. We make them, we turn them into DVDs, then we rip ourselves off. Hell, even anime is cheaper, and that's saying somthing!. :(

And for anyone interested, I've made a Jack-centric fanvid. It's up on YouTube and my LiveJournal if you want a look (same screenname). I've entered it in a Doctor Who fan vid competition, so fingers crossed I do okay. My next vid will be a Torchwood cast-centric vid.

13. NEGU

NEGU Witness

I think that would be the answer although every people in my country seem to think Jack is the(they were actually finding facial similarity between Jack and the face of Boe) That ambiguity might be what the writers had intended, anyway, your explanation makes sense, Clarrisani ;)

I don’t usually put my things in LJ, but went to your LJ and watched those. Lovely!! And the Ianto’s top 10 moment also made my eyes roll :eek:

I first watched Doctor Who because to know better the background of Torchwood, but happen to love David Tennant and at last watched all of his works has done in Doctor Who. I considered myself not an extensive person, used to love only one digging pretty deep into it, but it’s changed a little bit. I happen to love so many people these days :lol: The 9th doctor wasn’t my type and it goes same to Rose who is a popular favor in my country, but David Tennant is brilliant. Hope his contract with Doctor Who’ll be extended.

14. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Might want to put that little spoiler behind a spoiler tag, NEGU, for those who don't know yet.

Glad you liked everything on my LJ. Currently playing with some Classic Who - recently fell in love with Two/Jamie. Patrick Troughten is brilliant as the Doctor as well, and I'd love his Doctor and David Tennant's Doctor to meet. I'd also love to see Jack and Jamie meet - I think Jamie would hurt Jack, at lot.

And I think both David Tennant and John Barrowman can stay in their respective shows as long as they want. I believe their contracts are for one year, and the only reason they'd leave is because if they wished too, or if their shows were axed. Don't see that happening anytime soon for Doctor Who, and it will depend on the ratings for Torchwood. Again, don't see that happening anytime soon either.

15. NEGU

NEGU Witness

Eek! I was careless. I couldn’t edit it now, I guess it’s too late *sigh* Anybody might happen to see it please excuse me :(

Whooa, Classic who!! You’re a really Doctor Who mania, aren’t you? Yeah, if David Tennant leaves the show, I’ll be really disappointed. I hadn’t have any worries until somebody told that he’s contract is limited to season 4. Feel better to hear that. I can’t really imagine the shows without either David Tennant or John Barrowman. I’ll see it as a pattern actors usually meet with.