Torchwood

I don't think this counts as a spoiler, as it's just general information on guest stars and showing schedules..but for you US guys it's probably really good news if it gets confirmed..

News on the BBC Amercia Screenings of Torchwood S2
Filed under: News, Spoilers - Story, Spoilers - Cast, Spoilers — Admin @ 6:23 pm

We’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere else, so we’re not sure how concrete it is but FutonCritic.com report:

BBC AMERICA’s all-time highest rated show, Torchwood, is back with a U.S. premiere second season, beginning January 26, 9:00pm ET/PT. Created by Russell T Davies, lead writer on the current Doctor Who series, Torchwood (13 x 60) is a BBC Production, distributed by BBC Worldwide.

With guest stars including James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Smallville), Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, The OC) and Doctor Who’s Freema Agyeman, the show will air close to its UK premiere.

Richard De Croce, VP Programming, BBC AMERICA says: Torchwood has legions of loyal fans in the U.S. and we wanted to bring them the next season as soon as possible.

And fresh from its critically acclaimed airing on BBC AMERICA in September, Torchwood: The Complete First Season goes on sale January 22. The 7-disc DVD set includes over 6 hours of bonus features including outtakes and cast interviews.

Thus far there is no word when S2 will be airing in Australia, but apparently Network Ten has agreed to show it again (god help us). Also, the release of the DVD first season box set has been pushed back - it was originally to be released on the 5th December, but has since had the release date changed to 'Unknown'.

So how's the show going in the USA? What episode are you up to?

^i haven't seen the whole series but i know where the show is right now. last saturday BBC America aired "Captain Jack Harkness" and the season finale is this saturday.

as for the release date of the DVD, it should be out by January. it was advertised on BBC America.

It's also been reported that S2 is due to air on BBC America at the end of January.
(Which means that it'll have to air in the UK at least a week or so earlier...sweet!)

I heard that Jack is surposed to have a boyfriend in season 2, James Marsters to play him I wonder?

James Marsters is playing an ex-lover not really a current one, but still expect sparks to fly between the characters

Charity said:
James Marsters is playing an ex-lover not really a current one, but still expect sparks to fly between the characters

that would be interesting to watch. can't wait to watch Torchwood again.

Well for any torchwood fans based in the Uk, Torchwood and Doctor Who is being reapeated on BBC3 on different days...

James Masters on Torchwood I can not wait...

Just a little reminder for all us Brit Torchwood fans, new season starts January 16th......not long to go now.......then 26th Jan for the US........I'm seeing trailers all over the place...anyone else seen any??

I'm really looking forward to it. I hope that it's going to be as good as season 1, which, by the sounds of it, it will be. I'm really hoping that nothing happens between Gwen and Jack. I really can't stand her and that would make it so much worse.

I hope that it's going to be as good as season 1, which, by the sounds of it, it will be

It sounds to me like it'll be better than Season 1 - which I have to admit it, could have been a lot better. I know there were some issues with S1 because they were on a much tighter schedule and had actually started airing the show before they'd finished filming. This time round the entire season has already been filmed and hopefully any problems have been sorted.

From what I've heard, Ianto gets a lot more to do than in S1, so that's already one problem resolved! Now if they can cut down Gwen's screentime and keep her away from Jack, I'll be a happy viewer!

So, I'm excited for Torchwood tonight. :D It's seems like such a long time since I saw the first series. 9pm on BBC2, don't miss it! ;)

I'm kind of worried that I won't remember what happened in the last series and I'll be a bit confused, but I'm sure it'll all come flooding back to me. I love Jack and Ianto, and I'm certainly hoping that this series will be better than the last, which I remember enjoying but at times thinking that the writing could have been better...

Well, here we are.........half an hour to go......and ANOTHER trailer....hats off to the BBC for the way they've promoted this season

I'm a total James Marsters fangirl from days gone by and am really looking forwards to this episode and from what I've picked up here and there, the whole season looks like being a fantastic ride

hehe, a nice bottle of Merlot, Barrowman and Marsters does tv life get any better than this.???

Bring it on..........

I feel as though I'm talking to myself now.......BUT

How good was that?????? I'd love all your opinions......I was seriously impressed with that series opener...

for all our US peeps
Ianto's jealous/homicidal looks when Capt. John reminisced.........ahhh Jack asking Ianto out on a date..........Capt. John shooting Owen , bonus points to the Capt. John (call me Vera) knocking Gwen out with the paralysing Lipgloss..I could carry on all night, but I wont, you'll see it on the 26th....

And, as L'Oreal loves to say..........It's worth it...

Back