Torchwood

I find David Tennant more palatable than Chris Ecclestone, although my daughter disagrees mighty powerfully. I dunno, after growing up throughout the 70's and 80's and seeing Dr after Dr I don't particularly get attached to them. Torchwood, on the other hand, is definitely John Barrowman's baby.

Little bit of news for Torchwood season 2 that has me happy dancing:

In a recent interview, Gareth David-Lloyd (who plays Ianto Jones) has confirmed that in Season 2 Jack and Ianto are going to become romantically involved. Yes, we know they are already sleeping together, but now it looks like there's going to be a love involved from both ends. GDL wasn't allowed to say anything else of the subject due to his contract.

I'll just go back to happy dancing now.

Oh, and I am becoming a bit of a Doctor Who buff now. Dad's been trying to get me into it for years, and now I think he's regretting it. I know more than him already. And since he doesn't watch Torchwood (midnight is too late for him), I'll get the upcoming references in "Utopia", "Sound of Drums" and "Last of the Time Lords."

I think he actually said that (a) the Jack & Ianto fans would be happy and (b) Ianto would be in a relationship with a person. But it might not be just Jack ;-)

Every few weeks on my other board the subject of "Tennant vs. Eccleston" comes up. I prefer Eccleston, but like Tennant too and will be sad to see him go. Tennant can just be a little too goofy at times, but 90% of the time he's brilliant.

I love Torchwood. I have to admit that I hated the first episode and it was only the second or third episode that I started to like; it's grown on me now though. I too loath Gwen. I find her irritating no end. And it annoys me that so many episodes are centred on her.

Ianto's probably my favourite character. I hope he will get more screentime next season.

Re: Torchwood ~ *Spoilers*

I just want to clarify on spoilers regarding Torchwood. :)

As Torchwood (and Doctor Who) is a UK TV show, all information regarding any episode of Torchwood that has yet aired in the UK is considered a spoiler and therefore must be put in spoiler code. For the episodes that have already aired in the UK, no spoiler code is needed.

I've also added a spoiler warning in the title, as a precaution. :)

I can dig up the link to the interview if you want, but he does say that the relationship will develop and become prominant. And the 'person' thing has something to do with what he can and can't say, I believe. But I like the fact he said 'person' rather than 'guy' or 'girl'. Leaves it nice and open.

Oh, and Faith666, I can tell you this without the spoiler tags - Gareth David-Lloyd has confirmed that Ianto does indeed get more screentime next season, as well as further development of his backstory. Jack's backstory wil also be fleshed out more. Not sure about the others as yet.

And a quick thank you to Tinkerbell for adding '*spoiler*' to the subject line and outlining the spoiler rules concerning a UK show. :D

This is the spoiler that gets me *ahem rather excited about season 2 and James Marsters' guest appearance.

And there’s a scene between he and Jack when they first meet, all I’ll say is, this scene is so hot, so horny, so horny, so violent, that all the fans who watch it are going [er, appreciate it greatly].

That’s why I like Torchwood, no boundaries in there. The appearance of JM sounds interesting to me.

Talking about the spoiler about Jack/Ianto, can I have the link of the interview mentioned about that, Clarrisani? I wanna read those, but can't find where on my own. Thanks.

Two links, actually:

“Torchwood” may only be about to hit the screens in America, but already British fans of the show are eagerly looking forward to the second season that is set to premiere in early 2008 on BBC Two. News on the second season of the series has already begun to leak out, with short clips of production appearing on YouTube and some snippets of details unofficially hitting the Internet. What seems to be the main angle for “Torchwood” Year 2, however, is to fix any remaining problems from the first season while also bringing some more depth to the main players of the series. Among these major developments is the budding and very-much hinted at relationship between Capt. Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) and Ianto Jones (Gareth David-Lloyd) which will take a more prominent role in the second season. And what’s more, it may include some more "stopwatch fun." “There’s nothing I think I’m allowed to say actually,” David-Lloyd told SyFy Portal’s Alan Stanley Blair during the recent Collectormania convention in Glasgow, Scotland. “I’ve got to be careful because they haven’t given me a list of things I’m allowed to say yet so I’ve got to be careful otherwise they will get me into trouble. The only thing I will say is that the Jack and Ianto thing develops, and from what it is it’s pretty fun so there’s that.” The series is set to be made up of more standalone installments with no real two-part episodes. However, halfway through the season, former “Doctor Who” companion Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman) will be making a three-episode appearance before returning to the mother series. "Doctor Who" continues to air on the SciFi Channel with its third season in the United States and will return to BBC One on Christmas Day while "Torchwood" premieres on BBC Two in early 2008. Its first season will premiere in the United States on Sept. 8 as part of BBC America’s Supernatural Saturday lineup.

The first season of Torchwood doesn't even air for almost two weeks in the U.S., but already leaks about Season Two — currently filming in the U.K. — are popping up. And one of them is great news for those hoping for a gay relationship on the show. SyFyPortal.com is reporting that in Season Two, Captain Jack (John Barrowman) is going to become involved romantically with Ianto Jones (Gareth David-Lloyd), something hinted at in Season One. During the recent Collerctormania convention in Scotland, David-Lloyd told SyFyPortal's Alan Stanley Blair that "I've got to be careful because they haven't given me a list of things I'm allowed to say yet so I've got to be careful otherwise they will get me into trouble. The only thing I will say is that the Jack and Ianto thing develops, and from what it is it's pretty fun so there's that." And all I can say is woo hoo! The first season of Torchwood was already groundbreaking in simply having an out actor play the bisexual lead in a television series, much less a science fiction action series. On top of that, the possibility of Jack and Ianto having a relationship was hinted at, not to mention the fact the first season featured several male same-sex kisses, and one especially touching scene between two male characters. The fact that the second season of the show will have Jack and Ianto pursue a relationship only cements the status of Torchwood as a revolutionary program that is boldly going where no other science fiction show has dared to go!

I've read the original of your quote, too, Joolz. And it was the one that wasn't edited (what JB actually said). Want to know? I've lost the link, however.

EDIT:
Links removed.

Clarrisani, please do not reveal your spoiler sources, it's against the rules. Hide the entire article behind a spoiler tag instead. Thank you.

Sorry about that, SunsetBoulevard. I'm used to having to provide sources when I quote something.. I've double checked the rules now so it won't happen again.

Clarrisani,

Hey, thanx for all that info.......I'm really gearing up for the second season.......I cant remember where I read the original full length version of the quote I put up either. I think I'm drowning in Torchwood goodies sometimes...lolol What a way to go eh!!

I'm so looking forward to season two. Bleh, I have to survive a term of school first!

I don't know if it's better that it's starting in January, because last time "Combat" aired on Christmas eve.

Mr.Harkness is already involved romantically with Ianto Jones as far as I know. I’m really excited for them *crosses fingers* Many thanks, Clarrisani :)

Re-watching Torchwood, the last episode of serie1, I had wondered that why Jack left Ianto behind and chose Gwen when the danger had come. It was like she’s the most reliable dear to him and those related scenes really didn’t get me. But then, the theory had come up that maybe Jack didn’t want Ianto to see him in suffer cuz he knew that it would probably had broken Ianto’s little heart. *sigh* please leave Jack alone, Gwen.
Heh, my school days also have begun. I love January, guess I'm gonna spend my winter vacation with new Ianto in my cozy little room.

Back