The Simpsons

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by csifreakaholic, Mar 18, 2005.

1. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Anyone like THE SIMPSONS???

that was a great episode.

2. csi_fan18

csi_fan18 Pathologist

What's everyone's favourite episode?

I have too many. One of my faves is the monorail episode.

3. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I am Lisa. Even though my favorite character is Homer..Doh!

I remember when the Simpsons first came on...the eat my shorts thing really ticked off the teachers of my class. I haven't stayed true to them but still catch an eppisode every now and then.

4. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

AWESOME!!!! I got Homer! :D I am soooooo happy. He's like the best cartoon character on TV. Second is Stewie from Family Guy.

5. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I am Lisa. Hmmmmm...I suppose I can see it.

6. Mougie

Mougie Prime Suspect

On the cash registers at work,when you are finished with an order "Thank you Come again" comes up and I here Apu saying it every time!!!One day I will end up saying it the way he does!!!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm wearing Simpsons boxers right now :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I was Lisa too.

9. elisaxcore

elisaxcore Witness

my favorite simpsons episode of all time is the one where he thinks bart is gay! its just so ridiculous!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I`ve seen some episodes but i`m not a fan

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I have not watched a new episode of The Simpsons since 2001-2002. I just gradually stopped watching it because personally I think it has long over run its course. I would have respected the series so much more if they had ended it when it was on a high note but I'd say from about 2000 on The Simpsons that I knew had all but disappeared. The Simpsons themselves in the majority of episodes were supporting characters while characters, who were minor before were enjoying episodes focused directly on them. This proved to me that the show had ran its course due to lack of ideas for The Simpsons family. It now is entering its 17th season which is an amazing feat and will go down as one of the biggest cultural influences of the 20th century but it lost its relevence years ago.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I LOVE The Simpsons!! :) Anyway, how could you 'not' love watching on tv everynight? They make me funny everytime! Even if its a repeat! :lol:

Homer is so dumb and funny! I cant wait til some new eps. get aired here in Australia. :) U just gotta love 'em! :p

13. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I thought I would bump this topic up. Why? Cause it's halloween and TreeHouse of Horror are my favorite episodes EVER.

Anyone interested, TVsquad.com did a top 5 episodes of Treehouse of Horror.

Linky here

They list one of my favorites "The Raven" which is done so well and stays actually true to Poe's poem. Another one I love (which isn't on the list) is a take of Salem witch trials and they throw Marge is thrown off a cliff and does, in fact, turn into a witch. Bart saying "I'll be a son of a witch!" is so funny. Oh, and the episode where they get picked up by aliens who Lisa thinks want to eat them. Sooooo funny.

Cat's Edit: i changed it from url to text.

14. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

Coolies. :D Thanks so much for the link, thats really interesting. I guess I'll be making an effort to tune in and watch whatever one(s) air on Global.

Do they do that? Air more than one of the Halloween ones on Halloween or the day before or something? I think that they may have, or maybe I'm just imagining it?

Anyone know?

15. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I LOVE the Simpsons. It's the show that started that whole animation comedy trend. How could anyone not like Homer and all this hilarious quotes? "Purple is a fruit." :lol: Oh and for the quiz I'm Marge.