The Simpsons

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by csifreakaholic, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: The Simpsons.

From TV Guide online:

Rolling in the D'Oh, Simpsons Cast Returns to Work

The voice cast of Fox's long-running The Simpsons — Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer — have inked a new four-year deal that elevates their pay to about $400,000 an episode, marking a raise of some $50K per.

The months-long negotiations between the actors and 20th Century Fox TV delayed production on Season 20, which as a result will deliver just 20 (versus 22) episodes. The gang reported for their first table read on Monday.

As part of his deal, Castellaneta has been named consulting producer and will serve as a writer in addition to voicing Homer and others.

2. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

Yay! That's great news.

Although they are running out of ideas...

3. Dynamo1

The Creative Arts Emmys were announced this past Saturday night, and The Simpsons earned its 10th Emmy for best animated half-hour series.

The Creative Arts Emmys will air Saturday, Sept. 20 at 8 pm/ET on E! as the lead-up to the live prime-time gala, which airs the following night on ABC

4. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

i looooooooove them by the minute. Especially the Italian Bob.

Kelsy Grammer did an excellent job there, especially the way he spoofed
    "These Boots are made for Walking". His kid yelling "Vendetta! Vendetta!"
    still rings in my mind.

Yeah i know i'm waaay behind the show. Cable TV's expensive here for cryin' out loud :mad:

5. Dynamo1

Simpsons in HD

FROM TVWeek.com:

"The Simpsons" is finally going HD—and, in what some fans might consider an even bigger development, getting a new opening title sequence as well.

Both events will take place Sunday, Fox said during a promo for "The Simpsons" that aired as part of Wednesday night's "American Idol." The network actually made a low-key announcement of the news late last month, casually mentioning the developments as part of its episodic listings of various shows.

According to Fox, Sunday's "Simpsons"—entitled "Take My Life, Please"—will include the first full, permanent revamp of the show's opening titles since its premiere in 1989. The last few seconds of the title sequence have long featured a different weekly "couch gag." Fox also airs both a full-length and an abbreviated version of the credits.

While "The Simpsons" has never aired in high-def, Sunday's episode won't be the first time fans of the show have been able to see Homer and Co. in their full digital splendor on television. HBO aired "The Simpsons Movie" in HD last year.

While most live-action scripted network shows now air in HD, animation hasn't been as quick to make the leap, although that's starting to change. The producers of "South Park" recently announced their Comedy Central series would go HD starting with its 13th season, which bows March 11.

6. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

Oh I loved the Simpsons movie with the "spiderpig"-scene.
    Actually a friend of mine called her cat spiderpig:D
    Baecause it is the fattest cat we know.

I think there is no funnier politic satire on TV...at least on german TV.

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

My favorite thing about the Simpsons are Barts prank calls to Moe's. My absolute favorite one is where he asks for Mr. Hugandkiss first name Amanda. :lol:
    There is a quiz on the Sporcle site where they have the pictures of the Simpsons and ask if you can name them. It's fun but they have some really random ones there.

8. Dynamo1

No pink slip for Homer: 'The Simpsons' is renewed
    Nov 12, 11:11 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Raise a can of Duff's beer! Fox network says "The Simpsons" will be back next fall for its 23rd season.

Fox says that will bring the animated series to a total of 515 episodes. "The Simpsons" is the longest-running comedy in TV history. The network announced the renewal Thursday.

Since premiering in December 1989, "The Simpsons" was won 27 Emmy awards. In the meantime, family patriarch Homer Simpson has consumed an uncountable number of doughnuts and Duff's.

"The Simpsons" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. Eastern time.