The Secrets Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by eggbe4thechicken, May 1, 2007.

1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^ It's quite common for that to happen. My mum's at home voice is different to her on the phone voice, and that one's completely different to when she meets new people.
    I tend not to talk much, but my drunk voice is different to my normal voice. :rolleyes:

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Well I'm right handed, but I remember in like 2nd grade my teacher used to take my pencil away because "I didn't have a proper grip." I used to get soo mad.

My voice changes a lot, like when I first meet a person, I try to sound more feminine, but than as I get closer to them, I let my voice deepen, but on the phone my voice is ALWAYS deep.

3. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

haha, I find my self doing the same thing :p

ALWAYS no MATTER WHAT, the guy I like is in the back of my mind, having a conversation with me. Hey, I can't help it...hes like my cancious..a very amazingly funny councious....haha...

4. loki

loki Lab Technician

lol, I hate my voice, too. It sounds like a kid's voice, and I'm already so small people think I'm 12, I don't need to SOUND like it, too. I don't think my voice ever changes, though, I've been told by friends, family, and people I really don't know that I have a loud, semi-obnoxious voice, so I guess it's just always the same :p

I hate my laugh too. People say I sound like 'a cute little chipmunk' which just drives me nuts sometimes. Like every once in a while I'd like to be taken seriously without being 'cute'

5. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

When I meet new people a sort of southern accent creeps into my voice. I don't know why because I live in Nebraska and we don't have southern accents. It happens a lot when I am trying to appear sweet.:D Espeically when I say "thank you". I'm not good with compliments anways, and I have no idea why I get this accent like thing.

When I watch movies with actors that have accents I find myself talking like them. I'll even talk to myself to try and get the pronounciation down pat. I'm so weird.

6. loki

loki Lab Technician

lol I do that, too. Even with people I'm talking with, if they have an accent I naturally pick it up and start imitating it. And if I listen to too much Greenday I'll start talking like Billy Jo sings, and it actually takes me a while to stop :lol:

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

when i lie my southern accent comes out full force but normally i can just about remove all traces of my accent from my voice. fortunately no one has picked up on the lying bit and called me on it but i generally find that people just aren't that observant anyway.

i can't do accents, i fail miserably. i can do the southern accent really well but thats because i'm southern lol so that probably doesn't count. i can mimic the cadence of someones voice though. i listen to people a lot. i can completely tune out what a person is saying and only listen to how they sound. i tend to tune people out quite often, i don't mean to but most people just talk a lot but have nothing to say.

8. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

lol I do that, too. Even with people I'm talking with, if they have an accent I naturally pick it up and start imitating it. And if I listen to too much Greenday I'll start talking like Billy Jo sings, and it actually takes me a while to stop :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I had a realy good friend my junior year of high school who was a French foreign exchange student and when we would talk I would pick up his accent and start imitating it.

Sometimes when I talk to my dogs I talk in a british or austrailen accent. Which proabably confuses the crap out of them because my inflection changes :)

9. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

I have a accent to and the teased me with it alot around here, they still do. I hide it very well but when i am tired or upset i fall back into it. Argg i hate it.

I am totaly freaking afraid of the dentist. I hate it to go there..
    Besides that i freak out around dominant people, they make me so small(little) and afraid.

10. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i hate the dentist! i just don't think sharp objects need to be poked around in my mouth and that suction thingy, well, thats just not right and i don't like it. people i barely know have got no business bein that close to my face. it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

11. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I have an accent too. I kinda like it. People make fuyn of me whenever I go to other parts of the country but I usually laugh it off.

12. CSIdoglover54

CSIdoglover54 Witness

I think that having an accent would be cool. I'm sad that (in the united states) we don't have much of one here. I'm sure if I went to another part of the world I would have one :D We sound so plain here, it's boring.

13. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I have a very pronuncied accent, from the south of spain, and we also speak very fast, so it makes difficult for people for the north (and foreigners too) to understand me and people from my city. Here all the cities and towns have their different accent, and I really love mine. :D

14. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I'm Dominican and sometimes when I talk I tend to talk fast too and my other friends look at me like if I just spoke another language, which is pretty funny. But one of my friends is Dominican also and she sometimes understands me. Oh and I can also talk chi language. :D

15. crazy_steph

crazy_steph Police Officer

I also sometimes pretend I live in another world, and at 21 I thought I was sad doing it.

I think I'm falling in love with my boyfriend, which scares me as I've never been in love before :)