The Rant and I Cannot Say This Out Loud #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't ranted in awhile, but when I saw this news item, I just want to scream.

To PETA: Let me get this straight. You think overweight, obese woman are whales? :wtf: That if we want to lose the 'blubber' that we should go vegetarian. :wtf: That vegetarian people look healthier and are healthier than people who eat meat. Exactly what world do you live in. There are overweight, obese vegetarians, you know.

Please stop thinking that you are superior to the rest of us, because you're not. We are animals and are made to eat meat. If someone doesn't want to meat, that's great and their choice. Oh by the way, plants (you know that the vegetables and fruits come out of) are LIVING/BREATHING things too. So get off you high horse.

And another thing, stop with your high and mighty attitude when there has been proof of you taking vans and euthanizing unwanted dogs instead of find homes for them.

To Jorja Fox, Pamela Anderson, Pink, and the other celebrities that support PETA: Support PETA doesn't say much about you and that you support an organization that attacks overweight and obese woman. I'm all for being passionate about something, but supporting this assinine organization doesn't say much about you. I'm all for anti-cruelty and that all animals should be treated better, but we are animals too and it's time you treat us with the respect we deserve.

Hey speedy! Want to join PETOP. I heard this rant in massage school by some PETA supporters there. I created PETOP because I love plants. I love animals too but people forget that even a rock is alive. Everything on this planet is alive.

I have a motto for PETOP. Plants feel too.

Oh BTW. PETOP stands for People for the Ethical Treatment Of Plants. I am still working on a lot of it. I figure one day I will have brochures and I will stand near PETA people and advocate for plant life. I think everyone should be grateful that something else gave up its life so you can live.

L&L GCW.

To Photobucket,

I understand (from GNRFan up above) that you recently lowered the total storage in the free accounts to 500MB. Don't you think it might have been nice to have warned those of us with free accounts that you were going to do it in the first place. I'm not asking for a personal e-mail, even though you had no problem sending one saying I was at 78% of being full and telling me to upgrade to your new pro account. Just something on your front page saying you were changing your free account would have been nice. And while you're at it, you need to fix your own blog which (as of 9:30am on August 22) still says that an upgrade to pro is an "Increased total size of storage from 10 to 25GB". :scream:

Also, thanks for getting rid of the only uploader that worked on my old computer. :rolleyes: Now about 90% of the wallpapers I make I can't upload to photobucket because the old uploader was the only one that worked with an old computer and the program I use is on an old (OK - ancient!) computer. :scream:

Guess what? - There aint no way I'm going to pay $24.95 yr for Photobucket with the problems I've been having lately. You don't like the Windows '98 / IE6 combination but you don't seem to like the Windows Vista / IE8 combination much either.

Susan

Last edited:
Ugh! Photobucket again!

So I deleted some screencaps to try to lower how much I had in my albums. And I finally got it down to 500 something. So, I decided I'll crop some of the caps to make them smaller so I'll save more room. so I go to crop one and clicked on "save over original" and this little screen comes up and tells me "you can't have more than 1000 images in an album". Um, dude I only had 500 something caps in that particular album and that was BEFORE I deleted tons of them! And how is saving over an existing photo adding another one anyway? Yeah, I know for sure now this is just them trying to get me to pay for it. Not. gonna. happen! And I'll make sure to tell EVERYONE I know who doesn't yet have a photobucket, but needs something like that (and can't get a paid account) to look somewhere else... unless they straighten their mess out and let me save over an existing photo!

Dear Boss,

How sad is it that I'm afraid to approach you to ask for time off? One day. I just want ONE DAY so I can witness a very close friend get married.

It's my fault for not realising the 25th is a Friday and not a Saturday, and it's my fault for not copping on when EG booked her week off (you DO know she's been allowed her full 15 days holidays while I haven't right?).

But it is NOT my fault that the other secretary is now on reduced hours which means that even if she *could* cope for a day on her own, she would be leaving at 4pm anyway which means...that if you let me have the day off...you'd be without a secretary for and hour and a half.

It's JUST an hour and a half.

How sad is it that I'm certain you'll say no, and even worse you're going to act like I'm a demon child for even asking such a thing.

For everything I have done, and all the things I have sacrificed...this is the one thing I refuse to miss out on.

I'm tempted...I'm soooo tempted to tell you that if you don't let me have the day, then recession be damned...I quit. Because I'm going to that wedding even if you fire me for it.

Most sincerely peeved,

E.

I hope everyone who reads this is sitting down cause I got a few rants I want to and I'm going to get off my chest.

Hey CBS!!!
Who is the nincompoop at your network who thought moving The Mentalist to Thursday nights at 9 pm central time was such a great ideal??? I barely remembered it when it was coming on on Tuesday nights. Thursday's even worse. I forget shows I like when they come on on Tuesday or Thursday nights. If I don't go to Wal-Mart and buy myself 4 LARGE poster boards and write myself 4 LARGE notes to hang in my bedroom-(1 LARGE note on each wall)-I totally forget shows, good or bad, on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

To the admins of Talk CSI.
Sorry admins. You didn't win the immunity challenge. Please find a way for members to have a Facebook link under their location, like the Twitter link some members have. I know exactly how the Facebook link should look: a small blue square with a lower-case white f in it.

To Syfy (formerly Sci Fi) channel.
What possessed you to change your name from Sci Fi-(short for SCIence FIction) to SyFy, which I'm not sure if it's a word and if it is, I don't know what it's short for.

To CSI.
I wish you came on on Friday nights where I could remember you.
One more thing: Who's the nincompoop that decided Lauren Lee Smith and her character Riley Adams must go???

To CSI: Miami.
Kiss me bye-bye as a fan. You have officially lost me as a fan. I will NOT be ocassionally dropping in to see what's going on during season 8. In fact I'm NOT planning to watch ANY of season 8.

To CSI: NY.
After your season 5 season finale "stunt" killing off my favorite female character and the very few good season 5 episodes, you are walking a very, very fine line between keeping me as a fan and doing like CSI: Miami-totally losing me as a fan.
Piece of advice: Get your act together.

To the place where we bought our 2002 Chevy Cavalier back in February 2002.
If I bring the Cavalier in for you to check the brakes and you tell me they're all right. I'm gonna bitch slap you. I know those brakes aren't working like they used to.

There's a few I removed from this post. I still have them in all the rough draft copies of this post I saved as a draft email. You know what, this thread is better than a psychiatrist or a punching bag. I feel better now.

Last edited:
To my brother's X,

While I agree that it would be nice for your son to spend some time with his grandfather, I really think you should have asked us before you made plans for this to happen on a day in which you do not have the child. He just may not be here on Thursday whenever his grandfather may come to get him. Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings, while his sister is at her orientation are the only times we have to take him out shopping to get him back to school clothing and supplies. We also have other things that we had wanted to do earlier in the summer but have had to put off until now because of your children's utter lack of desire to do their summer reading assignments. Besides, you just had your 2 weeks with the children, why couldn't he have spent some time with his grandfather then?

To my brother,

Nice one! Send your son up at bedtime and tell him to tell Nana that his grandfather is picking him up on Thursday! What time? What for? For how long will he be gone? Yes, you know about it. But do you know that he may not be here? You're 43 yrs old. Have a backbone when dealing with their mother. At least when you're coming up on the one weekend a month that the children are supposed to be with you. It's about time that you showed her and the children that you actually care about your children. Every time she says something you give in. She signed a divorce agreement and hasn't stuck to it since signing it. She doesn't even pay you the measly $40 a week that she is supposed to.

Ugh! First photobucket tries a massive scam to suck money out of people and now Windows? :wtf: I'm all of a sudden getting a message that my windows version isn't genuine. Why is it that when I go on to your website (Microsoft) and look at the forums I am one of MANY having this problem? And now you're saying that I have to pay $150.00 for a genuine version? :wtf: Dude, I don't even have $50.00 to my name, let alone 150! I know my version is genuine and I don't give a crap what you say! I bought this freaking computer at Office Depot for crying out loud. Though they either didn't give me a Microsoft disk or it somehow got lost, but seeing as to how I never used it (cause windows was already installed when I bought the pc), it should still be in the ziplock bag that came with the computer! But it's not. So being that I got this from a legit store then the software should be legit. Granted, my PC did crash a few months back, but I had it restored, so again the software should be geniune. What is your problem?

And to sign up for the Windows forum site and post a question would be pointless and an utter waste of time because looking at others' posts (who are having the same issue), all they get is the same generic, robotic reply every time! It's like calling a company and getting nothing but automated recordings telling you to push this button or that to get to the next menu. Is it so hard to talk to an actual real live person anymore?

To my dear old dad,
You should be honoured I'm even calling you that. You've never been a real parent to me or my sister. Parenting isn't seeing your children once a month and barely spending any time with them when they're there. Parenting isn't buying stuff for you kids just so they'd shut up and leave you alone so you can spend time with your girlfriend. You know, sometimes it feels like you care more about those stupid boys than your biological children. Instead of spending money on a Zune, you should've been paying your child support. You know, paying that will help us have food so we can eat! But you know, no matter how late the money is, my mom usually ends up keeping enough food in the house. Unlike you guys, who leave the four of us in the house all day with a loaf of bread and some peanut butter. When we were going to visit you for those 2 weeks, we actually asked our mom to get us some food so we could actually have something to eat during the day. Oh, and what was with that "partial custody" thing? You do NOT in any way have partial custody of us. You have vistiation rights that you sometimes even neglect to remember. June, for instance. We got up at 6 a.m. to get ready because you were going to come pick us up. But you never even showed! I'm starting to see that on your priority list, we're way down. Down beneath you, because you are your number one priority. We're probably somewhere smushed between groceries and laundry. I'd also love to know why you quit your good, stable job for a seasonal job that is definitely not gonna pay your bills. Granted, your girlfriend works too, but still. From what I can tell, this job you have isn't helping you. But that's just you isn't it? Start something, get bored and leave. I mean, that's what you did with us right? And your second wife? Now she was a parent. I mean, she actually tried to do stuff with us, take us places, actually spend time with us. I still talk to her you know? Those are the wonders of Facebook. She's doing well, not that you'd care at all. You're too busy with your new girl and her little brats. Well, buddy, here's what I have to say to you. Grow some balls and get your priorities straight. Until then, don't expect me to be coming to see you any time soon. I'll be sad though. Not because I won't get to see you, but because I won't get to see my family on your side. Sure, they still treat me and my sister like we're five but at least they care about us. Which is more than I can say for you. I mean, you never call except the day before you come to pick us up for the weekend. You are not a father by any definition of the word and I don't think that'll ever change. 5 years from now, you'll probably be with some other girl, living god knows where. Don't expect me to come looking for you. I have plans for my future and for the moment, they don't include you.

To K_______,

Guess, what I really couldn't care much less if you're speaking to me or not when I see you tomorrow night, you just need to get over the fact you're the one in the wrong and not me, all I did was stand up for my best friend, whom you spend a large portion of your time being a total bitch about and to... I'm not the one in the wrong here, and neither is J_______, so please just hurry up and realise that you were wrong, and apologise to us both. I've taken your crap for long enough, and so has J_______, even if he says it doesn't bother him, I think that deep down, he actually is hurt by the things that you say. So please, just get over yourself and apologise, we'll both respect you so much more for it...

Sincerely,
(A very annoyed) Stephanie.

To A____:
You will have to choose now. Either your ex, or me! I don't want to wait until you finally make up your mind. Please.

To best friend:
You are starting to annoy me! Stop! I actually didn't mind when you were on vacation.. I had some time for other friends!

To school-book-delivery-stuff:
Aaah, you forgot to send me some books I ordered! I called and they told me they'd send them right away, but I still haven't got them! Please be here quick.. :(

Hmmm, i have a couple of rants today, could be some time. :lol:

Dear Katt,...
Please stop moaning on facebook that you have only seen me once in the school holidays, that is because your allways busy, anytime we say about meeting up, your doing something else already. Yeah i know this isn't your fault but don't keep moaning about me not making time to see you when you haven't even asked if i wanted to do something this summer, atleast i've tried!! Also, I know you and Jessy don't get on all the time, but she is my bestest friend and we have practically every class together so i am going to be close to her.. i've known her since we were 11 and i'm not just gonna stop spending time with her because you don't like it.

Dear my family,...
I'm not a little girl anymore, i have my own opions and some of them your not going to like. Yes, im the first person in this family that has wanted to and will finnish school with good GCSE's and A Levels. Yes, that will mean i will be the first person in this family who has ever even tried to get into university, My mum understands that this doesn't make me some kind of freak why can't the rest of you? Its a completely normal thing to want. I want to go off to university, away from home, and learn everything i possibly can. Then i want a good job and to move away from this stupid little town, there is nothing here for me. I want to travel the world, and take every oportunity i am given in life. Stop telling me that i might not be able to. I'm not stupid, i know that your dreams don't just come true, you have to work for them and i will, you know i will! But that doesn't mean i can't dream about living in America or Australia or France or where ever. Just let me keep hopeing that it will all happen and be happy for me if it does, and there for me if it doesn't. Don't try and turn me into you, i am nothing like you and i never will be!
Just quickly like to say thankyou to my Mum for being nothing like the rest of our family.. you understand who i am am and what i want to be and i really do appreciate it. x

Dear Jessy,...
Please stop moaning to me about the 4 boys who are "in love with you". Just pick the one you actually like, and if you don't like any of them.. then stay single. We are at school, in a few years time you probably wont even know them anymore. Lets just enjoy our last couple of years at school without constantly going on about them. I love you, but your a right pain at times.

Last edited:
Dear Lexmark,

I was having a good day until this scanner you made ruined it. Seriously, all I wanted to do was scan a picture and I've now spent over half an hour because apparently I removed the original picture, which I DID NOT! Now, it won't even scan because it can't download where to scan it to. Plus, this scanner also tends to turn on and off at random points and then I get a USB unplugged thing pop up every 10 minutes :brickawall: Seriously, make some better scanners!

This is going to sound a little cold hearted but...

To my local CBS, ABC, & NBC stations,

I realize the man just died last night but I'm not originally from Massachusetts and have never voted for the man. Would it kill you at 9:00pm at night to just give us an hour or two of regular network programming? You've done almost nothing (I heard the weather on a couple of stations) but all Ted Kennedy all day. You've been repeating yourself for hours. I would love nothing more than to lie down and unwind while watching a television program but I can't because you're not showing them.

Dear everyone I work with...

Can you please all stop being so horrible about J_______, I don't see why you all have such a problem with him, the man is just lovely, and yes, he may be shy, but that's all that it is, shyness, NOT arrogance, as you all seem to think... The poor man has enough to deal with in his own life, without having to deal with all the crap you guys say about him, whether it's to me (whom you all know to be his best friend), or behind his back... It has to stop! Just get over yourselves, and act like the adults you are, and not a bunch of kids.

Sincerely,
(A still very angry) Stephanie.

Dear anyone the lives in/visits our house,...

Why does no one around here understand the word privacy?
Its not a difficult word to understand basically.. If im in my room with the door shut please knock before coming in as it saves everyone alot of embarrasment. As we found out yesterday didnt we? When my nan, grandad, and there friends who i have never met before in my life walked in my room and i squealed as i was still getting dressed and at the time just had my underwear on!!! :shifty: It would only take a second for you to knock on the door and i would of put some clothes on. Instead the poor man who had come to see you, not your grand daughter and especially not your grand daughters pants, got the shock of his life. I actually thought he was about to have a heart attack her looked so surprised. Then, when i had clothes on, and came down stairs it did not help that i had to explain to his wife that i don't go out in public with no clothes on and i'm not some kind of Lady Gaga look-a-likey!! Anyway.. Privacy, a simple thing really. Please remember it next time !!!!!!!! :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back