The Random Facts Thread

The giant squid is the largest creature without a backbone. It weighs up to 2.5 tons and grows up to 55 feet long. Each eye is a foot or more in diameter.

Man, when I was a little kid I was fascinated by the giant squid. I have a dozen videos and books on it.

A giant squid's eyeball is the rough size equivalant of a basketball, or your head.

The ability to regrow body parts is regeneration.
Earthworms are segmented worms. They have a closed circulatory system.

Thanks for the info GoodLittleWench :D I had a feeling there was more to it than that :lol:

No problem. I learned it at faire, out of necessity. People are always asking me about the fox tails we wear, so I must explain it ten times a day.

When the Black Death swept across England one theory was that cats caused the plague. Thousands were slaughtered. Ironically, those that kept their cats were less affected, because they kept their houses clear of the real culprits, rats.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

A cow's stomach has four compartments: the rumen, the recticulum (storage area), the omasum (where water is absorbed), and the abomasum ( the only compartment with digestive juices).

The giant squid is the largest creature without a backbone. It weighs up to 2.5 tons and grows up to 55 feet long. Each eye is a foot or more in diameter .

Damn think of all the calamari that you can make with that hehe ;).

There are three types of worms, flatworms, roundworms, and segmented worms.

Dogs are color blind.

My butt itches...

dongs arent fully colour blind, they can c green n blue.

starfish have babies by dropping off their legs, which in turn grow into new starfish, and they grow their own legs back!!! WEIRD

starfish have babies by dropping off their legs, which in turn grow into new starfish, and they grow their own legs back!!! WEIRD
It's called framentation and is a form of asexual reproduction. (I did good in science :p :rolleyes: )

Back