The Random Facts Thread

Well tearing the queens image is technically treason but i doubt anyone has been punished for it in about 100 years. I think you will be alright Kazzy.
As for the swans belonging to the queen it is true you can be killed, but since Britian has outlawed capital punishment its unlikly.

- The great crested newt is a protected species and if you were convicted of killing just one then you could be fined up to £50,000. ( I learnt that on my work experience)

Funny how most of mine are about animals and death

One for Ducky:

Boasting nearly 30 brewery locations, Nigeria has emerged as the largest beer-producing country in Africa. The continent's 8,000-year brewing history began with ancient Egyptian commercial brewing dynasties and still includes handmade tribal beers. :D

A human can hear the tick of a watch from 6 meters in very quiet conditions.

In the marriage ceremony of the ancient Incas, the couple was considered officially wed when they took off their sandals and handed them to each other.

Monkeys will not eat red meat or butter.

George Washington had two ice cream freezers installed at his home in Mount Vernon.

jesus, lol, there is a phoabia of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of ur mouth!
Yuck. I hate peanut butter, and I have that phobia.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange ,silver, or purple.

Some people say for orange, there's 'door-hinge'. KINDA works, but not really in my opinion.

I gots more:

-A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
-Cats have over 100 vocal sounds, while dogs only have about 10.
-On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
-You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a poisonous spider.
-A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
-The milk of a hippopotamus is bright pink.
-The starfish is the only animal that can turn its stomach inside out.
-Hydroxydesoxycorticosterone and Hydroxydesoxycorticosterones are the largest anagrams.
-Turkish towels are French and Indian ink comes form China.
-The word yo-yo actually means come-come.
-The longest word that can be spelled by using only the left hand on a standard keyboard is stewardesses.
-The first novel ever written on a typewriter was Tom Sawyer.
-Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
-All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
-Disney's Snow White was originally drawn as a Blonde.
-Mel Blanc (the voice of bugs bunny) was allergic to carrots.
-The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its a wonderful life."
-The average women eats 20kg of lipstick in her life.
-Like fingerprints everyone’s tongue print is different.

what a cool thread!!!

The reason why you sneeze with your eyes closed: All bodily functions stop

You need to run a whole football field to burn one M&M

The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses, no-one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses.
It must take a heck of a long time to start a baseball game.

Looks like I broke a law. The fiver pound note, I once ripped it in half. Accidently. And the lines where it ripped was on the queen's face. It wasn't too long ago...
It's been nice knowing you, kazzy.

-On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
-You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a poisonous spider.

I am such a wuss when it comes to spiders, I'm probably more scared of them than death. :lol: Well, not really. But I will freak if I see a spider.

-You are never more than 3 feet away from a spider.

-The King of Hearts on playing cards is the only king without a moustache.

^_^ Great. :rolleyes: Thanks for reminding me about that.

Another spider fact for all of us that freak over a spider. We will consume at least seven spiders in our lifetime while we sleep.

Sweet Dreams. :lol:

*sprints from the room*

^^ Thanks for the nightmares! *chases after HipFreak*
:lol: JK. But, I heard the numbers were much bigger. 2 spiders monthly will go up your nose, and at least 1 spider will be consumed yearly. Sleeping, of course. *Shudders at thought of people purposely eating spiders*

OMG!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW al this talk about spiders and stuff, im never sleeping agen!!! lol, im so much more scared of spiders then death, LOL. im absolutely petrified of them!!!

Welll... you could always put duct tape over your mouth or nose while sleeping. :)

The record for cramming people into a Volkswagon Beetle is 25, set by Austrians in 2000.

In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb tress. (Nature's miracles, no?)

Back