The Poll Thread - #3

Nokia for me too. I refuse to buy any other make of phone. :lol: I find Nokia’s very easy to use and very reliable, other makes I’ve owned previously have never held a candle to a Nokia. :p

I actually had a friend who didn't have cell phone but when she went to university, she had to get one. (you really cannot afford housephone/account)

I think it's cool that you don't own a cellphone allmaple. I only got my first cell when I was 17, my friends got theirs earlier. I need a cellphone. Going around school will be tough without it, there're so many people to contact and meetings to arrange and attend.

My first cell was a Nokia, then I switched to Siemens followed by Samsung. Now I'm back to Nokia. Nokia's the best in my opinion. But I think the phone models are getting uglier. :p

Currently I own a telus aka piece of sh!t cell. They really know how to screw you over with their plans. Anyway, once my plan expires I plan to switch over to Nokia since you can use a Nokia phone in Europe. However, I doubt I'll have much luck since my uncle works for Telus & he'll probably convince me to get another cell from the crappy brand. I cannot live without my cell phone though. I take it everywhere.

I have a Nokia 8310, and I'm proud of it. :D
It's old (five years in June) and I really don't know how it's still working, since it has been through every possible kind of torture... It has fallen from the second floor of my house, it has rolled down the stairs and even has had a little dive in the toilet (luckily it was clean :p). Nokias are the best. Whatever you do to them, they always survive. :lol:

I agree.. Some new Nokia phones are fugly :eek:

I used to have red 8310i :D It was so small and pretty :D (it was strange that I had RED phone) But then I bought 3200, because I wanted a phone that works in US, because I was going there. Then I switched to my current phone.

Now I have Nokia 6101, which is great, tho since it's one of the first made and sold, it has its problems.

My advice... never buy a phone when it hits the stores. When it's been there awhile and new...bunch hits the stores, those usually have less problems.

I have an LG phone. It's...From a fridge company. :lol:

I think it costs 350$, but seeing as I didn't buy it, I don't really care. :p It's got a camera, video camera, and MP3 player on it. All useless, but who cares. My phone's better than my friends' phones. :lol:

DaWacko said
My advice... never buy a phone when it hits the stores. When it's been there awhile and new...bunch hits the stores, those usually have less problems.

Very true. I think my phone's been on the market for three months, which is a pretty long time considering new models come out practically every week. Mine hasn't had a problem yet, but a phone my friend bought (I think it was a razor phone), the hinge fell off and now it doesn't close properly. Actually, the top just falls off.

I have a Sony Ericsson. My last one was a Sony Ericsson too.
I generally upgrade in the beginning of the year but I have no idea what kind I want next.

Got a samsung. dpn't ask for the model because I don;t really avre. it was cheap and it works good. it doesn;t have anything like a camera or so but I wouldn't use it anyway! I rarely use it though!

my first cell phone was an Ericsson, then I got a Nokia, and now I have a Motorola flip phone...so much smaller then my first phone :lol:

meshellb2001 said:
my first cell phone was an Ericsson, then I got a Nokia, and now I have a Motorola flip phone...so much smaller then my first phone :lol:

my first mobile was so damn big. even though I was pretty late with buying one in general...

Motorola- I really wanted a cheap flip-phone and that was the first offer I saw, I managed to chuck it into the road and it still works! :lol:

BlueCurl said:
my first mobile was so damn big. even though I was pretty late with buying one in general...
My dad's old phone looked like a walkie-talkie. It's huge. :lol: I think that was an Ericsson or a Motorola. Bulky phones are a thing of the past. Now, cells are generally tiny but some Nokia models are big and funny-looking. I saw a kid texting on his Nokia and I thought he was playing with his GameBoy. :p

oh my mom had the giant motorolla flip phone a couple years ago :lol: if my brother or i went to the movies or the mall shed say 'here, take the cell phone to call for a ride home' and wed say 'that ok, well use a payphone' :lol:
i cant believe some people who go way overboard with the cell phone. in some of my lectures people are text messaging on their phones! i have a friend whos a cell phone addict, her monthly bills are between one and two hundred dollars! :eek: we try to steal the phone away from her but she attacks us. she can be quite scrappy when her phone is in danger

Back