The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Funny, my cat seems to be afraid of it by instinct.

Yesterday it was my girlfriend's brithday and I wrote her a card in the kitty's name. I asked him to sign it with a pawprint (read: I smeared his paw with lipstick and pressed it to the card:D) When we were done I had to wash it off, so I turned on the water, held the cat really close to me and took his paw in my hand to wash it under the water. He was squirming and squealing like crazy until I let go of him.

The rest of the day he ran around with a pink paw. :p

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I don't think they like being forced to put their little body parts into running water! :lol:

Ellie has long hair, and sometimes...well, things get a little messy and I have to put her in the sink and wash her rear. THAT does not sit well with her! It's an adventure, that's for sure! :lol:

The fact that you even were able to coat his paw with lipstick is amazing in itself! :lol:

3. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I bribed him with his favorite treats. ;)

He's a very patient cat, though. He lets us do almost anything to him, we often carry him around like a baby, put stuff on him, cover him under the blankets... He rarely seems bothered by it. :D

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i think drinking from running water is one thing, but having a body part touch it is another. pixie does not like even the tiniest bit of water to touch her feet. probably because the pads are so sensitive. if she goes outside before she realizes it has rained and there is water on the ground she runs back in shaking her little feet :lol:

she used to drink out of the pool too. she would put her paws on the side so she could lean over, but they never touched the water. its funny to watch her now since she had her fall in the pool last month. her favourite place to sit is the top deck, so as she walks by the pool she sticks right to the fence so she is as far away from the water as possible :lol:

5. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Thanks guys for the condolences. When Harley died, it was blantly obvious becuase dogs are 4 year olds they need your constant attention. With Mattie, it's easy to believe she's off some where sleeping. Tomorrow I go pick up her ashes and then it probably will truly hit me, I put this picture up as my memorial on myspace. Thought I'd share a funny moment with you.

Boxes, she loved boxes! THis box was up on the table and all of a sudden we heard 'THUMP' from the dining room. I come out and there she is, with all the stupid peanuts spread out all over the place and she's content as can be. Silly kitty.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii163/CodyLauren03/?action=view&current=DSCN0287.jpg

P.S. If your wondering what the heck is on her neck, it's a cut up sock. She use to get these sores she'd scratch at to the point she'd open them wide, so we solved that problem haha.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

What a great memory and photo! She looks like she was having a ball. Sorry for your loss.

A sock on her neck! My brother's cat, Kitty, had sores like that on her neck that she'd scratch, and he loaded her up with salve and gauze and then wrapped her neck with duct tape! :lol: We called her Robo-Kitty.

Of course, she's also the cat that caught on fire one night, but that's another story. :lol:

7. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Sorry for your loss CCA :(

I know its been a while since I posted here, but I think there are still a few of you who want to see the street terrorizer that is my dog :lol: Remember, the one who I cant take on a walk because he goes crazy when he nears another dog?
    My huge ear-ed maniac (hes a little bigger now)
    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/ilovejonathantogo/cool059-2.jpg

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

ILuvJT he is adorable :) How old is he?

BTW I hope you don't mind me shortening your name but this is easier and faster for me to spell :)

9. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Thanks! He's about 10 months old.

Its okay, pretty much everyone does that :lol:

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I see here so many cat owners! So now I'll show you my babies:)
    In this pic is Tosia. She looks like a kitten 'cause she's so small. Her father was Norwegian Forest Cat and thanks to him she has beautiful and sleek hair (not fur, she doesn't molt); her mom gave her ginger color.
    My second cat is Tosiek. My mom really loves red cats and when she see kittens like that she must take it:) Luckily here's not many cats with this color of fur. It would be hard live with all these zoo in a flat.
    Finally the youngest cat named Badzia. Yesterday she fell out from the window on the car's roof. Then she jumped off and went under the car. She was really scared. Now she's very nervous in home and meowing when we want to touch her. She also doesn't want to eat. Badzia is foundling so probably because we took her from the street (it was a little bit before winter) now she's feeling so much stress after this "adventure":( I hope she'll be better after few days.

11. Jacquie

Deidre your cats are soooo cute and beautiful :) I hope Badzia will be fine soon :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Thanks Cap'n:) Now I can't imagine my life without cats. They don't need to be sociable (Tosia doesn't like stroke), just good to know that they're home. With Tosiek you can do anything what you want but I don't carry him too often - he's so big!:lol: And my poor Badzia - I can stroke her only when she's going to sleep. Now when she's laying on the couch I can touch her and she's not meowing. But I see fear in her eyes:( I'm sure she'll be alright after few days. She need to take her time.

13. Jacquie

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I noticed the sign "secured by ADT." Probably stands for Animal Detects Trespassers.

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

who can resist a kitty tummy? :D

so the weather is getting better and that means pixie wants to be outside. shes pretty good, now thats shes older she doesnt kill anything anymore and stays in our yard. she does sometimes end up in the front yard, which we dont like of course because of the street. so the other day i was in the backyard and saw her heading around the side of the house. i thought she was going to the front so i went to get her, but she wasnt there. i was less than 10 seconds behind her, so she couldnt have gone far. on a hunch i looked in the hostas, and found this:

[​IMG]

she doesnt look very happy that i discovered her hiding spot :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.