The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Your kittys are cute CSIsPuddingCup. Unfortunately, I am allergic to cats. My younger brother had 2 tree frogs. One of them was big and one was small. I think the big frog ate the little frog because i couldn't find the little frog one day. I don't have any pets anymore.

3. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

:lol: my dad is allergic to cats too.

so he wasnt to happy when we brought Sofi home. but so far his allergies have been good to him. we even ended up getting another cat ((Holly)):lol:

we have also been in a situation like that, one of our Koi fish ate one of our other smaller fish. dad tried to get it out with a tweezers. it was quite distubing :vulcan:

4. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

CSIsPuddingCup, your cats are really cute! :)

I'm also allergic to cats and dogs, but through the years I got better. That's good, because my parents have 4 cats and I've a dog. :p

5. allmaple

allmaple Judge

my mom is allergic to my rats. they are different than cats and dogs because it is their urine and saliva that dries and gets in the air that causes a respiratory reaction (i have a skin reaction to it). we got one of those air filters and it helped a little bit. she only has to take an allergy pill every 3-4 days now instead of every day.

i dont know what i would have done if i was allergic to cats and dogs, probably died of anaphylaxis because i cant see a dog or cat and not run up to snuggle it :lol:

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

My hubby and I are both allergic to cats :) and between home and the store we have 6 :) Now I know everyone has different levels of allergies but why do people always get rid of the cats when they become allergic to them. If you're allergic to trees you don't go out and cut down all the trees to survive. I do admire our customers that do come into our store with their cat allergies particularly when Becky has taken to sleeping on the counter lately. You want to shop here be my guest but you must do it around me :guffaw:

Anyways allmaple what are you going to do with your rats when you go to vet school. Are you going to be able to have any pets with you where you are going to be staying. As you know life without pets is so boring.

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i love how becky is laying right next to the cookies and like 'lalala...im not eating them...yet' :guffaw:

i have to live in a dorm for one semester, and pets arent allowed. you can apply to be allowed to live off campus if you have pets, but doing that and flying them down and back is a lot of effort for two rats. one girl i volunteer with might take them, other than that im not exactly sure what will happen to them. im kind of worried, the will be 2 in october and the average rattie life span is 2 years... but who knows, some lucky rats live 3+ years.

i will very much miss having pets around, thats why i adopted my rats in the first place. but ill be around animals every day. since we are selling the condo in guelph when i am here 3 days a week my dad wont let me bring the rats :rolleyes: so my house is petless, but i walk my iona at the university that i was her paid walker during the school year.

heres iona:

[​IMG]

i hope they keep her for a few years (the teaching dogs are sometimes there for a few months to a few years before they get adopted) so i can adopt her when a graduate :D shes such a sweetie

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  8. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

i dont think that dad has been taking any allergy pills since we got sofi. so basically his allergies just...dissapeared. which is werid because back in 00' we went to visit my aunt and she had a cat and dad was misrable... hmm..

Jacquie - holy crap thats a big cat!!! :eek:

welll heres charlie. my puppy. well hes not a puppy anymore...and hes pretty fat =p but i looove him anyways =p

charlie

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

She's not that big :) In September she weighed in at 18lbs. She's now down to 16.6lbs :) This guy weighs 22lbs. His name is Oliver. Now you also need to understand Oliver is 30 inches from nose to the tip of his tail :)

CSIsPuddingCup I like Charlie. He's cute and I do like your cats also :)

10. sidlewannabee

My allergies are pretty bad. I have asthma too and when my allergies kick in so does my asthma. I am okay for the most part. I can stay at my friends house for a couples of days. What happens is I sneeze a lot, my eyes start to water, I can't breathe, and then my asthma starts up. Living with cats would kind of be torture. I love cats though, especially kittens, I justy can't have any.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Nice pics, everyone! Cap'n Jacquie, Oliver looks a bit like my friend's cat, Man Kitty. :)

I took Cricket back to the vet today to see what we should do about his hyperthyroidism. We've decided on surgery and will schedule it in the next couple of weeks.

Compared to a surgery he had on his tummy several years ago, this one is pretty mild. Still, it's a risk. But I love our vet and I think she'll take good care of him.

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Smokey, I'm sure everything will be alright with Cricket:)

Everyone, great pics! Nice to see so many cats and of course dogs:) Maybe one day I'll post pics of my grandma's two dogs. They're really cute but I always forget to take pictures.

Now I want to show my fourth cat. That's really crazy. We have kitten for only five days. My mom found her in the front of the hospital where she works. She catched her with a little help.
    And here pics of Sara Bomba (Sara The Bomb, I really don't know why that name, but it fits:lol:):

Sara Bomba 1
    Sara Bomba 2
    Sara Bomba 3
    Sara Bomba 4
    Sara Bomba 5

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Thats the problem i have.... I can tak ethe eyes and the sneezes and blocked nose but the asthma just kills me off it will start with a few hours of being in the house. Its worse if i stay over i can't sleep cos i'm wheezing so much an my inhaler doesn't always work... frustrating.

We did used to have a cat called Thumper she was a stray who walked in our house and decided to live with us and never left.

Tho this weekend got my grandads puppy Milly down for the evening while them and my parents go out.... shouldnt be to bad as its in our house... just annoyed cos most of our family all have dogs and i get soo annoyed that i can't play with them.

14. sidlewannabee

Yay, I'm not thje only one that it happens to. My friends always get nervous when that happens. Sometimes my inhaler doesn't work either. It makes me mad. Sometimes I can make it through the night at my friends house and sometimes I can't.

I love your cat Deirdre!!

15. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I have a dog called Roscoe, who suffers from severe separation anxiety. My parents are losing patience with him and say that if he doesn't improve we will have to take him back to the rescue centre where we got him from.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to give him away! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.