The Official Pets thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GilGrissomCSI, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Awww Jacquie, your kitties are adorable, and this is coming from a dog person. ;) :lol: Caramel is the cutest, she has really pretty markings, but like I said, they are all cute. :D At the weekend, I'm going to get some pics of all of my Uncle's horses, they are adorable. :D I tried to get some today at the horse show, but Blaze kept moving when I tried to take her picture... :lol:

2. CSIsPuddingCup

CSIsPuddingCup Witness

lets see here.

i have a cavalier king charles spaniel who barks at every moving object.
    we call him charlie.
    2 kittys. one only purrs and cuddles at night and in the mornings her name is Sofi. and the other is just plain adorable. shes the only halfway normal animal here :p her name is Holly. mom saw her in the paper one day for "pet of the week" and we ended up going to the Pet Motel and buying her. mother wants what mother sees. haha

a gecko who has no tail. sofi jumped in its cage and its tail fell off. i died a few days ago.

a hampster who has no hair in her behind. but she died during the winter and we didn;t know what to do with her so i put her in a box and i beleive shes still in the garage.

also have fishies. like 7 of them i think.
    we've got some koi. and one of them is a cannibal. it likes to eat other fish. ((that actully only happened once but still...))

and overtime we end up with frogs and toads over the summer. we currently have a toad in the cage the gecko was in.

i must say. i love my messed up animals :p

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. Stepherweps

I seen my auntie and uncle yesterday and they had their dogs with them, they have such cute dogs - a White Boxer called Mojo :)lol: I love the name) and a Black labrador called Tyler. Here's a pic of both of the dogs, I love them to bits, Tyler is a little bit mad, and when she sees another dog she tries to get away, she's not too fond of other people's dogs, but she does get on with Mojo, but Mojo on the other hand is really calm, she just sits and lets you pet her and is generally lazy and relxed.

4. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

I own 2 dogs..actually the correct term is they own me. :) Sorta brother and sister...same mom and dad two different litters. Part chihuahua and pomeranian, but they think they are rottweilers. Small and ornery. That pretty much sums it up. Their names are Daisy and A.B.K.

5. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

I've just got the one cat Marmite :D

6. Stepherweps

Sue, your dogs sound cute, I really like their names, hehe I'm familiar with small dogs that think they are big, my last dog, Lucy, she died a few years ago was like that, she tried to attack a boxer, and she was just a terrier cross.... :lol: Awww Dan, your cat is a cutie. :D I love his name. :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

A week ago I got call from my ex's little sister. She has cat that's born in our farm, pretty cat :D She and the guy, who she took cat with weren't together anymore and he was selling the house and she was staying with her mom and cats were with him.

Anyways, she called if I can take this cat, Speedy, because he isnt' feeding her at all, she's preggies and she cannot take her before she finds her own place. Police had called her about the cats, neighbours had reported. Because it's rather lovely cat, she didn't want to put her to sleep so I said ok :D

So now I got her tonight, she ate sooomuch and been purrrrrrring at me and poking and then we took little nap on floormat :p She's just like her mother, Priimu the cat that died on March. Who knows if she stays here rest of her life... bit depends on my mother - because we have 2 females.

I just cannot believe some jerk can be so ignorant towards innocent animals and towards someone so cute than she is...I try to take pic later on.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So the vet called, and Cricket does indeed have an overactive thyroid. So we have to discuss options next week.

From looking online, those options are medication every day for life, surgery, and radioactive iodine...all of which have pros and cons.

Has anyone else had a cat with this and what did you do?

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

We had a cat that had a thyroid problem and we did treat it with medicine. We have many customers that have cats with thyroid problems and they seem to do medicine as well. I think in the long run medicine would be better than surgery. There are treats available that you can put the pill into and hopefully the cat will eat it :)

10. keich

keich CSI Level One

Here's my baby girl, Seven. :) She's a Persian-Himalayan hybrid who loves playing with little cups, plastic bags and ribbons.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Aww, your cat is so pretty, I especially love the 2nd picture, looks like she is posing like a real model. ;)

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yay for fur kids! Nice pics, Cap'n! And thanks for the info on the thyroid disease. I haven't called yet to set Cricket's next appointment, but at least I'll be informed when I get there! :)

14. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

I have to come in a lol at the wonderfulness of my pooch, Poppy.

She's only seven months, but I took her out into the garden today, and she went around and systematically pulled up (and later ate) nearly every week in the garden :lol:. She left the actual flowers.

Methinks she has green fingers.

And D, you're fluff balls are adorable.

15. Stepherweps

Aww, those are real cute pics of your kitties Cap'n Jac. :D Your sister's dog is adorable too, I have to admit, I'm more of a dog person than a cat person. ;) Here's a couple more of pics of Toby.

Oh my Adorelo, your little puppy is the cutest!! :D What breed is she? I love her name, it's suits her. :D

Last edited: May 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.